Recent Topics

Ads

Black Orc Rework

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Nefarian78

Re: Black Orc Rework

Post#41 » Thu May 27, 2021 12:34 pm

Noslock wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 10:49 pm
Detangler wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 6:14 pm You guys should PM Herbalessences - he's apparently got the new Black Orc build down solid. Dude last night was top DPS and top protection on Destro... as a Black Orc... it was nuts.
Spamming bigun?
Don't forget Big Swing and using Loudmouth with Biggest. Oh and absolutely do not forget to throw blast pots to bloat that scoreboard
They done stole my character's names. Can't have **** in RoR.

Ads
kirraha

Post#42 » Sat May 29, 2021 5:25 pm

Noslock wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 10:49 pm
Detangler wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 6:14 pm You guys should PM Herbalessences - he's apparently got the new Black Orc build down solid. Dude last night was top DPS and top protection on Destro... as a Black Orc... it was nuts.
Spamming bigun?
You should always be top protector on BO or SM. If you below, then you rly doing **** wrong. Being top Dps among bad dps is also not to hard if you know what you doing, its nothing special tbh.

Auzor

Post#43 » Sun May 30, 2021 7:02 pm

Perhaps 'right in tha jibblies' could also be a disarm for X seconds?
Then, the 'knockback' tactic is changed, so that 'Ya Missed me' becomes a long knockback instead?

We'z bigger should be buffed, for both BO & SM; though SM is already stronger overall than BO.

Suggestion time:
Crowd controls:
First 3s: 100% immune.
Next 3s: all crowd control will only work half as good. Rooted? Half duration (or: convert to 50% snare? and a snare for 40%, becomes a 20% snare?). Knockback? Half distance.
Could also do: Crowd control has a 50% chance of working.

Damage reduction: starts at 18%, drops down to 12% over 6s.

increase the cooldown, to at least 25s (ahem: WW!), and perhaps even 30s to compensate.

"Not in da face": how is this a 'requires Best Plan" ability?
Speaking of which: there seems to be no 'Da Best Plan' ability in the BO middle tree that you get from your career.
And the two 'Da Best Plan' abilities actually in the tree, have a 20s cooldown.
Seriously?
So that requires rectifying.

Big swing tactic: 20% snare is fine imo, at least increase the duration. If not 10s, then something like 8s?

Earthcake

Post#44 » Sun May 30, 2021 7:56 pm

Auzor wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 7:02 pm
So about 15% damage reduction for your party over 6sec.
Chosen got 15% for 10sec but only on himself.

Seems way too high.

Duukar

Post#45 » Mon May 31, 2021 3:50 am

I made a conclusion post on all this..

Basically give us a Long Single punt on demand. Not Stance locked. If it requires a tactic then thats fine.

Increase duration of Wez Bigger to 5 seconds. Again on demand. Increase CD to 30 seconds.

Give Wahhhgg tactic a 800 aoe armor debuff for 5 seconds or aoe penetrations reduction buff at 15% for 5 seconds on a 20 sec CD. Prefer something to counter slayer balls..

Increase snare on big brawling to 40%.

Thats the fix.. done and done.

normanis

Post#46 » Mon May 31, 2021 6:44 am

yes give destro second aoe armor debuff so zealot dont feel lonly
yes 1 aoe punt 1 single punt and 2 knockdowns
next black orcs whant rend from dok and hitnrun speed tactic so we can chase am.
we demand 2 -3 aoe snares and stronger aoe str debuff also aoe tough debuff
and and we whant also punce ,
did i mention bigger size?
and cd reduction every 5 sec for next 10 sec
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

Auzor

Post#47 » Mon May 31, 2021 9:58 am

Earthcake wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 7:56 pm
Auzor wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 7:02 pm
So about 15% damage reduction for your party over 6sec.
Chosen got 15% for 10sec but only on himself.

Seems way too high.
Chosen has the Aura's.
Chosen has a tactic, that everytime he crits, his party is at -10% crit chance.
Oppression also buffs armor a bit. Oppression deals some dmg. Oppression isn't *that* good.
Oppression would still be at 20s cooldown, where-as I'd change the BO/SM ability to 25-30s cooldown.
Chosen is by far the preferred first (SnB) tank on destro already for large scale. After BO changes, Chosen can also be the preferred second tank...

Meanwhile, KotBS, same spot:
-50% dmg taken for 10s. (at -25% dmg dealt, can be solved via tactic). And it just requires a shield; no block/parry needed...
Hello, balancing department?
You don't balance based on what 1 other tank has, but globally.

The top spot for tank tree's, is pretty lackluster for most.

But hey, it's open for debate.
Could also be something like 10% dmg reduction, and 10% more healing received,...
But the 3s duration is ultra-short.
And 10% dmg reduction is pretty lackluster too imo, especially for the duration.

There's a reason most BG & BO end up running around with 2-handers.

detrap

Post#48 » Mon May 31, 2021 10:25 am

Compare it to the same 13pt abilities in other tank trees and it seems to be already decent. If I could change it, it would be not an exact mirror of the BO/SM, since tanks from other races don't have the mirroring abilities.

It's not a big reason why a BG/BO would go 2H, especially being both the only tanks in the game with access to a block channel. The BO's can even buff wounds and heal the group with it.
Knight 8x - IB 8x - SM 8x / Chosen 3x - BO 4x - BG 5x

Ads
Auzor

Post#49 » Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:34 pm

If the BO can't get a long distance punt, could a disarm be an alternative?
Can't knock someone of a bridge with it, but could temporarily prevent someone whacking your healer.
And on a separate timer from your knockdown..

Could require a shield (& a block even... enemy got his weapon stuck on your shield description)
Disarm + snare?

BO tank tree has no 'Best plan' ability baseline.
Perhaps you have 'Saving me Hide', in right tree, and an equivalent in Tank tree?
Reduces all physical dmg taken by 20%? For 4s.

tazdingo

Post#50 » Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:44 pm

i don't think bo would find much use in a disarm. i'm all for giving bo an anti-cc identity by doing something with we'z bigger and maybe adding a tactic for it. the class is far from UP but does feel a little lost. maybe waaagh could be some sort of budget leading the charge