Recent Topics

Ads

Rampage balance suggestion

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Sinisterror

Re: Rampage balance suggestion

Post#71 » Sun May 23, 2021 7:31 am

: DDDD I had rr 80+ choppa, slayer and mara live among many others. I never mentioned about me hitting tanks. Lets just stop this. If you say that aoe kd is having more impact in killing than rampage i really dont have anything to add. If you want you can log any char you want and i duel you with my lvl 38 slayer and win=)
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Ads
Powell

Post#72 » Sun May 23, 2021 7:46 am

Sinisterror wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 7:31 am : DDDD I had rr 80+ choppa, slayer and mara live among many others. I never mentioned about me hitting tanks. Lets just stop this. If you say that aoe kd is having more impact in killing than rampage i really dont have anything to add. If you want you can log any char you want and i duel you with my lvl 38 slayer and win=)
Almost positive every Mara and their mom would trade the knockdown for 20 second Rampage every 30 seconds in a heartbeat.

I know I would...

Sinisterror

Post#73 » Sun May 23, 2021 8:12 am

Powell wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 7:46 am
Sinisterror wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 7:31 am : DDDD I had rr 80+ choppa, slayer and mara live among many others. I never mentioned about me hitting tanks. Lets just stop this. If you say that aoe kd is having more impact in killing than rampage i really dont have anything to add. If you want you can log any char you want and i duel you with my lvl 38 slayer and win=)
Almost positive every Mara and their mom would trade the knockdown for 20 second Rampage every 30 seconds in a heartbeat.

I know I would...
Yeah, thank you for explaining my point back to me.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

ravezaar

Post#74 » Sun May 23, 2021 9:12 am

"If you want you can log any char you want and i duel you with my lvl 38 slayer and win=)"

NO u wont at all, guessing it was a joke but still

A Slayer in 1v1 wont take any rdps unless u start on top em, wont take any dps-healers

can take dps-DoK ONLY if u are a high parry-build, u wont take ANY regen deftard Tank, u wont take 2H Chosen cause its a hard counter. 2H BO is a good fight and hard for the best of us.

1v1 vs mdps u can take all, but will most likely loose to any good Monstro Mara (you will for sure) since I see you Slayer knowledge is lacking. WE,Choppa,Brut Mara,mSH can all be beaten in 1v1 tho.

Also Rampage is better then mara KD so ocf thats true, its still not 20sec uptime every 30sec cause in WB Slayers run RED so its 10sec every 30sec, when are u ppl gonna learn this ? If u know so much about Slayers and still get this point wrong post after post why are u even here ?

Iv mained Slayer for12+ years and together with Tosh I run Solo daily and above matchups are correct. U can disagree but that tells me just one thing, u dont do 1v1s as Slayer. And for WB Slayers where Rampage is your issue they all run Power Thro to keep RAGE or they should so its ALWAYS 10sec uptime.

ps: read the tooltip, understand the skills
Ravezaar Slayer rr86
Ravezz Ironbreker rr82
Goingsolo Shadow Warrior rr81
Zutha Runepriest rr83
Raave Magus rr84 (finally gave in to Tzeentch whispers)
https://imgur.com/a/mlxv1nJ

starness88

Post#75 » Sun May 23, 2021 9:32 am

ravezaar wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 9:12 am "If you want you can log any char you want and i duel you with my lvl 38 slayer and win=)"

A Slayer in 1v1 wont take any rdps unless u start on top em, wont take any dps-healers

can take dps-DoK ONLY if u are a high parry-build, u wont take ANY regen deftard Tank, u wont take 2H Chosen cause its a hard counter. 2H BO is a good fight and hard for the best of us.

1v1 vs mdps u can take all, but will most likely loose to any good Monstro Mara (you will for sure) since I see you Slayer knowledge is lacking. WE,Choppa,Brut Mara,mSH can all be beaten in 1v1 tho.

Also Rampage is better then mara KD so ocf thats true, its still not 20sec uptime every 30sec cause in WB Slayers run RED so its 10sec every 30sec, when are u ppl gonna learn this ? If u know so much about Slayers and still get this point wrong post after post why are u even here ?

Iv mained Slayer for12+ years and together with Tosh I run Solo daily and above matchups are correct. U can disagree but that tells me just one thing, u dont do 1v1s as Slayer. And for WB Slayers where Rampage is your issue they all run Power Thro to keep RAGE or they should so its ALWAYS 10sec uptime.

In organised fight, usualy dps burst together, so can prepare you burst and when the lead say "be ready for aoe burst" or "x abilities in y sec" you can cleanse your rage, wait 6 sec to turn yellow and use rampage for a 20 sec uptime.
I know in the reallity of a fight it's not so easy, but a lead can prepare and call it to make it possible.

ravezaar

Post#76 » Sun May 23, 2021 9:51 am

starness88 wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 9:32 am
ravezaar wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 9:12 am "If you want you can log any char you want and i duel you with my lvl 38 slayer and win=)"

In organised fight, usualy dps burst together, so can prepare you burst and when the lead say "be ready for aoe burst" or "x abilities in y sec" you can cleanse your rage, wait 6 sec to turn yellow and use rampage for a 20 sec uptime.
I know in the reallity of a fight it's not so easy, but a lead can prepare and call it to make it possible.
True it can be shorter or reduced but in general these are the uptimes
Ravezaar Slayer rr86
Ravezz Ironbreker rr82
Goingsolo Shadow Warrior rr81
Zutha Runepriest rr83
Raave Magus rr84 (finally gave in to Tzeentch whispers)
https://imgur.com/a/mlxv1nJ

hellc95

Post#77 » Sun May 23, 2021 10:55 am

No wonder rampage is not so strong if your whole slayer train run full red all the time

Auzor

Post#78 » Mon May 31, 2021 11:55 am

In this thread: order complaining about Destro SnB tanks +50% block channels:

yeah... about that.
That gets fully ignored by rampage.
Second: any moron bringing that up, does understand that whilst the BG/BO is channeling that, he's not doing anything else, right?
Including not providing any protection to any teammates.

This ability is sooo strong, that virtually every BG runs 2-handed, and many a BO does too...

Popquiz time: What would you rather have as a tank:
a +50% block channel, with 1/3rd uptime.
or a +25% parry & initiative buff to self & oathfriend with 100% uptime. (NB: and it doesn't require a shield even)

The opinion of anyone picking the +block channel's with 33% uptime, can be safely dismissed.
NB: the IB's +block tactic is also better than BG's.

Meanwhile, suppose a KotBS can swap sides, & gets caught amidst a Rampage slayer train. Hello, Vigilance -50% dmg taken.
Chosen: needs a parry or block, to get an armor buff and -15% dmg taken.

Swordmaster: can keep applying 'Racking Talons', for -20% dmg within 15 feet. Short distance, but hey, Slayer train tends to clump up.
SM shield bubble is stronger than BO's.
Swordmaster 2H? Wall of Darting steel, no cooldown, no snare. Better than either BO/BG +Block channel. So much for Destro tank superiority eh? oh, and WW of course.
Eagle's flight: +25% parry.

If Order wants to remove the destro +block channels: PLEASE DO.
GO AHEAD.
And replace it with something better, and/or that has group utility.
Can you imagine Order's response, if BG lost the +Parry tactic, but gained a +25% parry to self & dark protector buff??
BO with a -50% damage taken defensive cooldown?

The +block channels are *lackluster* abilities,highlighting the idea of a tank as a hit-pinata.. but not providing much utility beyond it.

Ads
Earthcake

Post#79 » Mon May 31, 2021 1:46 pm

Auzor wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 11:55 am
Meanwhile, suppose a KotBS can swap sides, & gets caught amidst a Rampage slayer train. Hello, Vigilance -50% dmg taken.
Very true !

And if destro tanks could swap sides, they would be almost invincible with an outrageous amount of avoidance and not facing rampage.

Seems like some things were thought out before being implemented ;)

Auzor

Post#80 » Mon May 31, 2021 2:31 pm

Earthcake wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 1:46 pm
Auzor wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 11:55 am
Very true !

And if destro tanks could swap sides, they would be almost invincible with an outrageous amount of avoidance and not facing rampage.

Seems like some things were thought out before being implemented ;)
";)"
No, patronizing BS.

Keeping others alive > > block channel.
'almost invincible': stab em in the back. Kill the team, kill the Tank-pinata after he's run out of his action points.
Interrupt from behind,..
and NB: only BO can keep up the channel, and is snared whilst doing so.
BG has it at max 33% uptime (well, without cd reduction. REEEEEE SM),
so SM has actually the best channel. Oh, and he gets it without spending a single mastery point, just has to use a 2-hander instead of SnB.

Chosen is the preferred Destro SnB tank. Where is his 'outrageous' amount of avoidance?
'Mixed Defenses' << IB's +25% parry: Chosen requires a shield, IB does not. Chosen requires a tactic, IB does not. Oh, and IB can take a +block tactic in addition.
Heck, I'd say the KotBS attack giving +10% block, with tactic +15% parry, is better too.
Even SM can maintain a +25% parry.

Chosen is good tank, because he has Aura's, and the 'if chosen crits, -10% to be crit for team' tactic.

Perhaps 2-hander Chosen has better avoidances?
Nope, because the +parry doesn't work 2h, and neither does Chosen have a +5% parry for weilding a Great Weapon tactic in the dps tree.

What destro does tend to have, is more +disrupt tactics/abilities.
But, which side has 2 ballistic Rdps again?
So... that is to counter Bright Wizard, and 2 DPS healer classes.

Most of the order tanks, are better, especially for large scale, than the destro tanks. (especially SnB).
IB > BG
KotBS vs Chosen: depends... The team -crit tactic is an advantage to Chosen.
SM > BO, overall. BO basically gets a +10% block tactic more.
SM gets a 2-handed channel, a cooldown reduction, the option for AoE -20% dmg reduction,...
yes there are things the BO gets and the SM does not.. but overall?