Recent Topics

Ads

Rampage balance suggestion

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
madrocks
Suspended

Re: Rampage balance suggestion

Post#61 » Sat May 22, 2021 4:17 pm

licenje wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 4:07 pm
madrocks wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 4:00 pm OP has a valid suggestion.

----

Ah yes, the shatter enchantment myth.

Even experienced players urge to do it. Me included, but it's pure lottery and it is only a thing in small scale. Even then it's only viable vs questionable slayers.

I do it in orvr, and I rarely get to stop one of 7+ slayers' rampage.
Not to forget that one should not be near a slayer train that just popped rampage and is dropping the full alpha.
if slayer popped rampage hes in green so hes not doing full alpha.... and if hes full red just cc and kill him since he cant drop rage... any how im telling you ppl writing here never played slayer above 40...
Okay, sure, great suggestions how to kill a slayer.
Point still remains what you do about class stacking this horrendous ability. What am I going to CC them with, aoe kd? 2sec aint enough, MSH 3sec KD is gone for good.
Lutz

Ads
Naelar

Post#62 » Sat May 22, 2021 5:16 pm

----

Even experienced players urge to do it. Me included, but it's pure lottery and it is only a thing in small scale. Even then it's only viable vs questionable slayers.

Not to forget that one should not be near a slayer train that just popped rampage and is dropping the full alpha.
if slayer popped rampage hes in green so hes not doing full alpha.... and if hes full red just cc and kill him since he cant drop rage... any how im telling you ppl writing here never played slayer above 40...
I can tell you've never been up against a slayer train with rampage. Try it and then tell us unwashed masses how to defend against it.
(or better yet, give rampage to choppa for 48 hours. Give slayers a GTDS. See how things really are...)

licenje

Post#63 » Sat May 22, 2021 5:49 pm

Naelar wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 5:16 pm

----

I can tell you've never been up against a slayer train with rampage. Try it and then tell us unwashed masses how to defend against it.
(or better yet, give rampage to choppa for 48 hours. Give slayers a GTDS. See how things really are...)
true my destro chars are lvl 30 so i cant rly tell how it is from that side, but i play sh.. load of slayer so i can tell you how ppl stop me... and i can tell slayer train can be stoped...
and GTDC is ID trade off not rampage... rampage trade off is mara 2 sec aoe kd, and id take that trade any day
i dont mind losing rampage but OP idea is just bad...

Fatpig

Post#64 » Sat May 22, 2021 6:23 pm

licenje wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 5:49 pm

true my destro chars are lvl 30 so i cant rly tell how it is from that side, but i play sh.. load of slayer so i can tell you how ppl stop me... and i can tell slayer train can be stoped...
and GTDC is ID trade off not rampage... rampage trade off is mara 2 sec aoe kd, and id take that trade any day
100% Nas

Naelar

Post#65 » Sat May 22, 2021 8:25 pm

licenje wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 5:49 pm

I'm not talking about taking away rampage, just (as the OP said) adding a downside to it.

Sinisterror

Post#66 » Sun May 23, 2021 5:40 am

Slayer has Rampage + ID. Both of those are something no other class gets. Total ignoring of avoidances even morale's (only ability that does ignore 100 % morale avoidances) and ID only dot that is treated as direct dmg, so it can proc even wpn dmg procs.

Imo while Rampage is up OP's idea is not bad, slayer not being able to parry. Also imo should only be usable when berserk so it's for 10 seconds every 20 seconds. Still very good.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

licenje

Post#67 » Sun May 23, 2021 6:23 am

yea lets make mara aoe kd make him lose all armor for 20 sec ... it so op skill... when you are KD you cant parry or block so its 2 sec undifended attacks for whole realm 2 sec... wtf ? im not saying removing aoe KD just put downside to it...
trust me slayer dont need one more skill that wont be used cos if rampage get changed to OP idea that where it will go...
gona say it again seems like ppl here never played slayer

Powell

Post#68 » Sun May 23, 2021 6:54 am

licenje wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 6:23 am yea lets make mara aoe kd make him lose all armor for 20 sec ... it so op skill... when you are KD you cant parry or block so its 2 sec undifended attacks for whole realm 2 sec... wtf ? im not saying removing aoe KD just put downside to it...
trust me slayer dont need one more skill that wont be used cos if rampage get changed to OP idea that where it will go...
And even less that play against it and know what they are talking about :D, right?

Almost as if playing both sides gives you a better perspective.

Ads
Sinisterror

Post#69 » Sun May 23, 2021 7:10 am

licenje wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 6:23 am yea lets make mara aoe kd make him lose all armor for 20 sec ... it so op skill... when you are KD you cant parry or block so its 2 sec undifended attacks for whole realm 2 sec... wtf ? im not saying removing aoe KD just put downside to it...
What the f are you even saying ? Sure lets talk about something that has nothing to do with anything. Btw If aoe cap was 6-12 and rampage didnt ignore MORALE AVOIDANCES as it didnt live and should not here. We wouldnt even be talking about what huge problem rampage + id + retribution + shatter limbs because the pressure wouldnt be laughably OP hitting 24 is just stupid. For any aoe i just dont like it and it makes balancing much more harder while making players generally very bad because mindless spam is rewarded=) Also slayer getting tactic like Fierce Might on top of the free 50 % dmg from berserk, you can crit 2k with self heal : D This kind of tactic would make perfect sense for marauder or even DPS WP (originally was marauder's) with deadly clutch tactic that works like it did live, you could actually somewhat control your health while receiving half of melee heal's that are not debuffed ( same for morale heals, potions) so mara got 50 % of every potion heals and morale heals while not debuffing them, This mara needs comeback!

If we are talking about aoe kd. You can parry while kd'ed : D If i were to decide only aoe melee kd would be WH/WE with 5 frenzy kd'ing max 6 targets + your target.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

licenje

Post#70 » Sun May 23, 2021 7:28 am

Sinisterror wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 7:10 am
What the f are you even saying ? Sure lets talk about something that has nothing to do with anything. Btw If aoe cap was 6-12 and rampage didnt ignore MORALE AVOIDANCES as it didnt live and should not here. We wouldnt even be talking about what huge problem rampage + id + retribution + shatter limbs because the pressure wouldnt be laughably OP hitting 24 is just stupid. For any aoe i just dont like it and it makes balancing much more harder while making players generally very bad because mindless spam is rewarded=) Also slayer getting tactic like Fierce Might on top of the free 50 % dmg from berserk, you can crit 2k with self heal : D This kind of tactic would make perfect sense for marauder or even DPS WP (originally was marauder's) with deadly clutch tactic that works like it did live, you could actually somewhat control your health while receiving half of melee heal's that are not debuffed ( same for morale heals, potions) so mara got 50 % of every potion heals and morale heals while not debuffing them, This mara needs comeback!

If we are talking about aoe kd. You can parry while kd'ed : D If i were to decide only aoe melee kd would be WH/WE with 5 frenzy kd'ing max 6 targets + your target.
so if you speced self heal you dont have ID... and you tink 50% dm from berserk is free lol dude roll slayer then come with balance suggestion...
i play full red slayer so my rampage is 10 sec and i dont care... cos if im hiting SaB tank, not heal or light armor target, im doing something wrong...
rampage is rly good for killing tanks... since you seem to like hiting tanks maybee rampage is OP for you but i try not to hit tanks so for me is just meh, i find aoe KD having much more impact in trying to kill targets that needs die and thats not SaB tank....