Recent Topics

Ads

Rampage balance suggestion

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Evilest

Re: Rampage balance suggestion

Post#51 » Fri May 21, 2021 2:16 pm

ravezaar wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 11:25 am What Slayer has is the best "SUSTAIN" AoE-dps ingame, and land more hits then any other mdps. Its skill like ID & Retribution aso combined with Rampage that gives Slayers that Sustain AoE-dps but if u take away that u will gut the class, and iam not even being overdramatic in saying so, it will be gutted. Go from most wnated mdps on order to "why would we pick slayer" overnight.

Is it right that 1 skill should be so vital for a class ? for any class really ? ofc NOT but if u remove/nerf it u need to adress Slayers other lacking qualiies or is gonna be unplayable.

Making Rampage risk/reward as OP says is not the answer for one if not the most squishy classes ingame already wich already has a risk/reward mechanic.

I think maybe up the CD or move it up the tree, dont lower the duration thats like removing it.
That awufully sounds a lot like "I spec in that tree so go ahead and don't change anything that may affect me".

Whatever risk/reward mechanic you think the slayer has, do you think it compensates for the powerhouse that rampage is? Most will argue it's way too much on the reward part, which is why it's brought up over and over. I think trading parry for on demand unstoppable damage is a fair trade, hopefully would give a bit of pause to mindless rampage spam, and would show who the good slayers are vs who just mash buttons.

Ads
Jinxypie

Post#52 » Fri May 21, 2021 2:17 pm

oaliaen wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 1:57 pm 1+ Unable to parry when in Rampage

2+ Rampage can be used only in berserk mode

3+ Up to 13point in mastery tree
This
DoK RR80+, Chosen RR80+, Choppa RR70+, SH RR75+ WP RR65+

detrap

Post#53 » Fri May 21, 2021 2:35 pm

Alubert wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 1:38 pm
Damage from guard is unmitigated. You know what u can do with your 1500 tougness?
AoE from retribution, flurry and also ID still hits you directly.
Knight 8x - IB 8x - SM 8x / Chosen 3x - BO 4x - BG 5x

teiloh

Post#54 » Fri May 21, 2021 9:59 pm

Wdova wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 12:57 pm Bo +50% block channel has drawback - 40% run spedd while channeling.

Actualy idea of removing parry from slayer when he pop rampage is not bad at all. Something like pop in yellow slayer ignore 50% of enemy defences and lose 50% of parry, pop in red he ignore 100% of enemy defences, but loose 100% parry.

Edit: ppl stating, that order has no 50% block channel. It is correct, but no destro tank has +50% parry, dodge, disrubt channel for 2h spec or - 50% damage recieved self buff 😉
Block is superior to Parry.

A BO can also channel at will when taking heavy damage, Rampage exhausts mechanic and only lasts for a limited time.

Naelar

Post#55 » Sat May 22, 2021 8:59 am

Evilest wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 8:43 pm Since attacks during rampage can't be parried, make the slayer not be able parry while rampage is up.
I like this. If you want unstoppable offense, there should be a tradeoff for it. If you haven't yet, please post this in the balance section, as well, to make sure those in charge see it.

licenje

Post#56 » Sat May 22, 2021 9:10 am

Naelar wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 8:59 am
Evilest wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 8:43 pm Since attacks during rampage can't be parried, make the slayer not be able parry while rampage is up.
I like this. If you want unstoppable offense, there should be a tradeoff for it. If you haven't yet, please post this in the balance section, as well, to make sure those in charge see it.

what unstoppable offense ( you can shater ,you can punk slayer, you can kd him, you can kill him since hes most squsy class in game) ? there is trade off its class mehanik (donno if you ever played slayer, but if you are not red his base skill dm is lowest in game) ... you know there is no gap closer on slayer?? donno seems to me none off you play slayer... you just get killed cos you dont know how to play and ask for nerf....

Naelar

Post#57 » Sat May 22, 2021 9:19 am

licenje wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 9:10 am
Naelar wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 8:59 am

what unstoppable offense ( you can shater ,you can punk slayer, you can kd him, you can kill him since hes most squsy class in game) ? there is trade off its class mehanik (donno if you ever played slayer, but if you are not red his base skill dm is lowest in game) ... you know there is no gap closer on slayer?? donno seems to me none off you play slayer... you just get killed cos you dont know how to play and ask for nerf....
Shatter can be stopped by stacking buffs in front of Rampage (happens literally all the time).
Not sure what you mean by 'punk slayer'
KD/punt is possible, but not likely, since morale drop usually accompanies the charge/Rampage.
Killing them in that situation is difficult when you melt almost instantly.

Try again.

oaliaen

Post#58 » Sat May 22, 2021 2:41 pm

Naelar wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 9:19 am

Shatter can be stopped by stacking buffs in front of Rampage (happens literally all the time).

Try again.

Finally someone who knows what to say.. Also Shatter have 4 seconds cd. You got to be very lucky to deny rampage whit no cost.

Ads
madrocks
Suspended

Post#59 » Sat May 22, 2021 4:00 pm

OP has a valid suggestion.

----

Ah yes, the shatter enchantment myth.

Even experienced players urge to do it. Me included, but it's pure lottery and it is only a thing in small scale. Even then it's only viable vs questionable slayers.

I do it in orvr, and I rarely get to stop one of 7+ slayers' rampage.
Not to forget that one should not be near a slayer train that just popped rampage and is dropping the full alpha.
Lutz

licenje

Post#60 » Sat May 22, 2021 4:07 pm

madrocks wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 4:00 pm OP has a valid suggestion.

----

Ah yes, the shatter enchantment myth.

Even experienced players urge to do it. Me included, but it's pure lottery and it is only a thing in small scale. Even then it's only viable vs questionable slayers.

I do it in orvr, and I rarely get to stop one of 7+ slayers' rampage.
Not to forget that one should not be near a slayer train that just popped rampage and is dropping the full alpha.
if slayer popped rampage hes in green so hes not doing full alpha.... and if hes full red just cc and kill him since he cant drop rage... any how im telling you ppl writing here never played slayer above 40...