Recent Topics

Ads

U Wot

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
geezereur

Re: U Wot

Post#71 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:25 pm

I rather see SM gets its double resist debuff and bubble proc back than mirror another ability.

Ads
tazdingo

Post#72 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:31 pm

d00msday wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:44 pm
wargrimnir wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:27 pm
starness88 wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:11 pm
Can I add to this that there no mirror to Rampage ?
No one cares.
Wall of Darting Steel is not comparable to this since it is only defensive and while you are channeling you can't do any damage.
no but you can wods vs burst guard dmg and then continue doing dmg with your 2h build. snb bo can't do this with chm since thc and other changes nerfed the snb brawler build. for the record i think bo is a better and more interesting class now. you wot does next to nothing vs guard dmg, and no matter how oppressive a dps bo may seem, a guard bo paired with a choppa is 10x more threatening

also yes slayers are scary, orders chance of winning a pub sc is directly proportional to their number of good, properly supported slayers, but at least the class is fun to play against. i have a lot of respect for slayers and enjoy fighting them. now the order dps healer stack... that's a tactic i hate fighting against
Last edited by tazdingo on Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CytheX

Post#73 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:52 pm

geezereur wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:25 pm I rather see SM gets its double resist debuff and bubble proc back than mirror another ability.
This!

Duukar

Post#74 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:54 pm

I’ve literally NEVER heard anyone complain about BO balance especially around You Wot. Like never. They are strong for sure, but what tank doesn’t shine in one area or another. You Wot isn’t even usable, realistically, outside of 2H build which is quite squishy compared to other 2H tanks in exchange for a bit more dmg.

BO does not have a good spot in 6v6 ranked. BO barely works in ST city parties. In WB play SnB BO is strong. In SC play a 2H BO is fun and feels great, but can crumble under coordinated pressure fast. High risk reward in the tanking game. Fun! Strong, Not OP though.

To play BO you need two full sets of end game gear plus sent jewel. Picking one route and sticking with it will gimp you terribly in like 50% of your game play. Playing 2H without really great gear SUCKS!

This whole post is just so far out of left field I don’t even know what to say. Definitely leave this alone or watch lots and lots of BOs switch to alts. Wow....

forsa

Post#75 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:18 pm

I find it funny that people are torn apart between "UWot is noot op, noone uses it" and "its only good skill for bo, leave it alone"

Dont care if you hate me/think im noob/i dont have Bo (i have one)/hate destro (i have toons on both sides) - whatever grinds your gear.

I have no issue with U wot staying. Self buff is ok.
I just want it to be in line with other skills.
Currently it outperforms and needs to be balanced.

Sulorie

Post#76 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:34 pm

forsa wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:18 pm I find it funny that people are torn apart between "UWot is noot op, noone uses it" and "its only good skill for bo, leave it alone"

Dont care if you hate me/think im noob/i dont have Bo (i have one)/hate destro (i have toons on both sides) - whatever grinds your gear.

I have no issue with U wot staying. Self buff is ok.
I just want it to be in line with other skills.
Currently it outperforms and needs to be balanced.
How about 2h BO underperforms without it and it makes them en par with other tanks?
Dying is no option.

ashton007

Post#77 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:00 pm

d00msday wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:40 pm On paper it looks a bit over the top compared to other abilities but I wonder how the +30% armor and resis is really working?

Does it take the current armor value of the BO including pots and stuff and add 30% to it?
What about resis? 30% on top of armor and buff values?
What happens on armor/resi debuff?
Yes it scales with pots and armor value. It is 30% multiplicatively. You can reach 7k pretty easy and 1 k resist. Thing is, without the ability 2h BO is just wannabe dps that needs guard.

ashton007

Post#78 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:06 pm

Also consider that you wot is niche for 2h sc specs. Which they say balance isn’t done around sc’s. The top warbands don’t use a 2h BO unless they have waaaagh in every group already. This would be an sc nerf at best.

Ads
ashton007

Post#79 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:26 pm

d00msday wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:11 pm
ashton007 wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:00 pm
d00msday wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:40 pm On paper it looks a bit over the top compared to other abilities but I wonder how the +30% armor and resis is really working?

Does it take the current armor value of the BO including pots and stuff and add 30% to it?
What about resis? 30% on top of armor and buff values?
What happens on armor/resi debuff?
Yes it scales with pots and armor value. It is 30% multiplicatively. You can reach 7k pretty easy and 1 k resist. Thing is, without the ability 2h BO is just wannabe dps that needs guard.
Just checked again, once you fire it it lasts for 20s and the cooldown starts right after fireing. So you can have it 20s up and 10s after it runs out you can fire it again. Having 7k armor and 1k resis for 2/3 of the time plus 15% more parry/dodge/disrupt, plus 10% more damage sounds pretty strong to me. The draw back of moving at 80% for 10s after cooldown is in most cases neglectable and can be canceled.

I wouldn't say that 2h is a niche after the recent guard changes. All tanks are running 2h in ranked.

I wouldn't say that it is overpowered and needs a nerf now. There are more broken things that should be looked at first. However it is kind of strange why the destro classes have all these advantages. While I play order most of the time I have to say that it is less and less fun every day. There are just too many things on destro side now that feel very annoying. To name a few: SHs and shamans that manage to escape every time and hit like a truck, maras that pull you for a free kill, SH m1 pet that hits stronger than most players, WE with insane single target dps and escape tools, Choppa with pull, mara aoe knock down, sorc with super strong single target rotation and so forth. It's much easier to play destro these days because then you don't have to deal with all that stuff, especially the two pulls and the broken gits. But some of us just don't want to play destro... so it's not fun.

Do you realize that the side with the better kiting classes has also got the two pulls to stop players from kiting? That just makes no sense.
This game isnt balanced around ranked. Get used to disappointment.

kirraha

Post#80 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:36 am

forsa wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:23 pm
kirraha wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:46 pm and you don't run it in Wb setups. It's strong yes, but serious Wb setups do not use it. Maybe solo etc, but no it's not an automatic ''I win button''.
It is "I win" in low sacle figths, with no input from bo side (no use of mechanics a-la bg/ib, no need to block/parry/deflect) or counter to it.
In 6v6 it is a free dd in a tank slot, without sacrificing anything (e.g. it removes Focused Offence drawback).
In city siege it can be used by tank Champ further buffing to unrealistic stats.

But as far as i can see there is no opposition to the change.
Good we are on the same page.
Low

If you run it in City you are a total... well you can fill a negative term yourself here.
If you run 2h tank in city wb you will cuck your instance grp, since snb is above with moralebuild. You run Waaaagh and snb moralegain. That is the way to play BO in city.
Only time you could run it is ranked as 2h, if you wanna be a complete ego and only think about yourself. You have much more important speccs to use to improve for your team than just yourself.
Don't worry about U wot. Yes it is strong for maybe one selfish Bo running around playing immortal, but he/she will get run down eventually by numbers after his teammates gotteb stomped cus he refuse to run Waaagh or whatever else thats is much better.

In pve it's excellent though.