Recent Topics

Ads

Remove RR requirement from low gear

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Luthyen

Re: Remove RR requirement from low gear

Post#21 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:40 am

I disagree with the removement of RR for lowgear, its part of the progress and u can participate in RvR if scenarios arent fast enough for u. So its more an scenario issue than a requirements issue

Ads
arorwne
Suspended

Post#22 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:50 pm

johnnyw wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:33 am I just lveld a rsh recently im 31/41 without sc, just solo roam and Some rvr in Prime Time.. i play that squig for 5 days Now, 2-3 Hours a day... Even without sc Theres no reason to pve at all
Do you need a reason if having fun? Even without that, xp is much faster in PvE, the only thing missing is better gear(honestly). Cheaper vendor gear would be a start(really, it's super expensive). Because I'm not for increasing quest gold rewards. That would probably have unintended side effects. Another would be the PQ loot bags. Maybe do something with them?

Manatikik

Post#23 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:11 pm

arorwne wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:50 pm
johnnyw wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:33 am I just lveld a rsh recently im 31/41 without sc, just solo roam and Some rvr in Prime Time.. i play that squig for 5 days Now, 2-3 Hours a day... Even without sc Theres no reason to pve at all
Do you need a reason if having fun? Even without that, xp is much faster in PvE, the only thing missing is better gear(honestly). Cheaper vendor gear would be a start(really, it's super expensive). Because I'm not for increasing quest gold rewards. That would probably have unintended side effects. Another would be the PQ loot bags. Maybe do something with them?

PQ’s already have gear sets in them. You can quite literally PvE from 1-40, never step foot in a lake and get full Bloodlord, dungeon weapons, and 4 excellent jewelry items before you want to PvP if you so wish.
The reason the purchasable gear is so expensive is because it was added in as an option for people’s alts they want to level through mob grinding and can also be a gold sink, it is not meant to be people’s primary gear option.
<Montague><Capulet>

phononHYPE

Post#24 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:28 pm

Sorry not sorry for old games where you have to earn things. Also, PQ gives you gear, you can vendor the mob drops and buy more gear, and there are great PVE gear sets you can do.
-Beastlord: can get these quests at 33, and have them done easily by the time you can use them, level 40.
-Gunbad: easy enough to do with patient people willing to teach you if you've never done it; level 35
-City Dungeon (BB+BE for destro, C&T for order) level 40 and you'll need patient people willing to carry your (seriously, rr unlocks more crit, healing, damage, better tanking etc. So not getting this you are purposely ignoring a huge part of the game).
-Bastion Stairs, level 40 again.

Each of those dungeons 'unlocks' (the ward system) the ability to wear the next set, though you can collect them before wearing them. The hardest part will be getting people to take a low/no rr person, but if you have high geared friends, then should be doable. I've done the city dungeons plenty with only 5.
Chasing the golden carrot that is my alts.

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative

arorwne
Suspended

Post#25 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:33 pm

Manatikik wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:11 pm
arorwne wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:50 pm

PQ’s already have gear sets in them. You can quite literally PvE from 1-40, never step foot in a lake and get full Bloodlord, dungeon weapons, and 4 excellent jewelry items before you want to PvP if you so wish.
The reason the purchasable gear is so expensive is because it was added in as an option for people’s alts they want to level through mob grinding and can also be a gold sink, it is not meant to be people’s primary gear option.
Yes, quite. That is my preferred way to play and, besides, how WAR was designed. But that's not important now.

And those green items sure are expensive, aren't they? One'd think greens would be less expensive, but as a cash sink...I can see it, sure.
phononHYPE wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:28 pm Sorry not sorry for old games where you have to earn things. Also, PQ gives you gear, you can vendor the mob drops and buy more gear, and there are great PVE gear sets you can do.
-Beastlord: can get these quests at 33, and have them done easily by the time you can use them, level 40.
-Gunbad: easy enough to do with patient people willing to teach you if you've never done it; level 35
-City Dungeon (BB+BE for destro, C&T for order) level 40 and you'll need patient people willing to carry your (seriously, rr unlocks more crit, healing, damage, better tanking etc. So not getting this you are purposely ignoring a huge part of the game).
-Bastion Stairs, level 40 again.

Each of those dungeons 'unlocks' (the ward system) the ability to wear the next set, though you can collect them before wearing them. The hardest part will be getting people to take a low/no rr person, but if you have high geared friends, then should be doable. I've done the city dungeons plenty with only 5.
Yes, that is my beef with Renown. Have your sets, fine. Let them be the best, fine. Have most of dev time, fine. Forcing me to do something I don't want to at that moment because of RR Talents, which influence GENERAL STATS? NOT FINE! But that doesn't even have anything to do with RvR, but rather with RR Talents and their reach / impact.

Telther

Post#26 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:18 pm

No one is forcing you to play. Don’t like how the game is, don’t play. Easy at that. ✌️

arorwne
Suspended

Post#27 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:46 pm

Telther wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:18 pm No one is forcing you to play. Don’t like how the game is, don’t play. Easy at that. ✌️
But it isn't easy at all. And now you'll understand why:

Name ONE Warhammer Fantasy RPG that's even half as immersive as this one(Chaosbane is ok, but can't hold a candle to WAR). Stories in Epics, Zones themselves, the artwork, general feel of playing...it's beautiful. And just because I have a problem with a shitty system that, if I may add, was added very late in WAR's lifecycle and probably hastened its demise(it + rr 80+...) and is probably 100% unnecessary, doesn't mean I don't like the game. Ok, I don't really "get" the appeal of large scale zerg vs zerg, but there's so much more to do, no need to be reductive.

I'm almost in the same boat as you are. You don't really have anything half modern and half good(ESO is ... ESO and DAoC is ancient) as this for Large Scale MMO. But! I don't have a single other real Warhammer Fantasy RPG to begin with, let alone of this size, so my options are even more dire.

As I said, it's not easy at all.

Telther

Post#28 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:54 pm

Again, no one is forcing you to play it....sets had requirements in live, and RoR. So because you don’t like it, they need to change something that has worked since 2008 (or whenever the launch was). Quit with the gimme free crap and pound sand.

Ads
arorwne
Suspended

Post#29 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:15 am

Telther wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:54 pm Again, no one is forcing you to play it....sets had requirements in live, and RoR. So because you don’t like it, they need to change something that has worked since 2008 (or whenever the launch was). Quit with the gimme free crap and pound sand.
It's fascinating how much I have to explain to some people. Regardless, I'll keep doing what makes ME happy, regardless of whether it makes "sense". I just wanted to discuss and explain, but it'd seem that venture's moot.

Regardless, BACK TO TOPIC.