Recent Topics

Ads

Suggestions and Feedback

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
arorwne
Suspended

Suggestions and Feedback

Post#1 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:46 pm

Sorry, for the name of the topic, but I really don't know how to name it, it's kinda wide. I'll take a bit of a pause to finish some other things, focus my thoughts etc before returning, but these are some of my thoughts.

RoR, as a private server, is simply one of the best ones I ever saw and if any further "revival" emu would happen(idk...Rift or Otherlands), I can only wish for this amount of dedication. RoR as itself, is FANTASTIC. PvP is enjoyable(not exactly for me, but I see how it could be), PvE is very fun(congrats on altering xp rates based on "domicile territory"), most of things are working and you have come a FAR WAY from your humble(...) beginnings. You are fantastic. However! Warhammer itself is not really my kind of thing. And it's not because it's PvP oriented, I'm a PvX player, but more due to the base design. It's entirely too group focused etc for my liking. Of course, WAR has been and this is one of the rare examples of a real MMO, as opposed to an MSO(Massively Singleplayer Online ...) because WAR always revolved around 6 mans as a base unit. Compare that with WoW, where it's often YOUR CHARACTER as a base unit, not your group - and hence, no matter how much Dungeons you might push out, it will always be an MSO in its core. But you can't edit that and neither should you ; RoR shouldn't be 1 : 1 copy of WAR, but this is going entirely too far. These are my suggestions though:

1. Broken Quests: Ok, they aren't broken broken, but missing "Quest End or Quest Reward" text with the exact same "Quest Begin" text simply robs you of so much. Try to level in Empire or High Elf(mostly free of these) and then try to hop over to Dwarfs or Dark Elves...it's jarring. Really jarring. I know that this takes time, but...you understand.

2. Hero mobs and Normal PQs. Namely: "Should Normal PQs contain Hero mobs?" . Given that the population isn't that high(honestly) and that most of people won't try to do PQs which require extra effort(or PvE at all)...this is a real question. I have my thoughts, but I will share them later.

3. Mob behavior: I often see them just standing around and I believe they don't use skills. What's up with this?

4. Leveling of classes: It's uneven. Some get most of things they really need(or at least to have fun) in like first 10 ranks, while for others it's very bumpy and uneven. I see that you changed Shadow Warriors and they function much better now, any plans for further remakes like that? Bright Wizard for example could use help, what's the point of that Ignite, it really serves almost nothing until you get its Tactic. Or it's too group heavy, idk.

Other Impressions:

Your changes to PvE zones are fantastic, loot drops, xp rates, most of things. Gear at merchants, in live WAR you either didn't have enough money, the gear was weaker or it didn't exist at all(iirc they only sold potions). Now you can simply purchase progression, use few Talismans, voila! Just fix few things and it will be a very beautiful game!

Keep on doing great work! Until next time.

Ads