Recent Topics

Ads

[Poll]Do Devs hate pvp players? :)

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.

Poll: Should pvp reward the best gear?

No. Everything is fine. Move along.
45%
Yes, pve gear can't be flat out better without any pvp alternative (specifically BL weapon and sentinel Jewel and whatever is coming next).
36%
No, but pve gear should require less dungeon runs.
20%
Total votes: 87

mrmuscolo

[Poll]Do Devs hate pvp players? :)

Post#1 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:53 am

War never ends.. until you log in and see 80% of your guild is engaged in thrilling pve action, a dozen of people spamming lfg begging for a dungeon run; and all of that while the other side dominates the lakes pushing for the next city siege. But that’s fine, you will get the best rewards the game can offer; throwing zones is the way to go.

I mean, I’m not complaining about anything; we all love Ror, but why devs hate pvp players?
Correct me if i’m wrong: you can join pvp as a level 1 character and play all the way to rank80 engaging all kind of pvp content.
And yet you will never be competitive, because BIS gear can only be obtained through pve. When you see your target walking away with like 5% hp you know why: you didn’t invest your time doing pve and you need to be punished regardless how hard you try, how much experience, knowledge you have.

There is simply a gear gap that you can’t overcome as a pvp-only player. It is so sad to think that’s the state of probably the best pvp game ever. I’ve been playing on/off for years, and when I realize there is no further reward i can get through pvp and I can’t be competitive on any of my characters I just have to quit. For a while at least. (Or get into 120+ hours of pve..)

My opinion is Pve should offer great gear so you can be competitive a lot faster, until you obtain endgame(pvp) gear, but not the other way around…..
Sadly devs are working hard to bring hunter’s vale back so it will only get worse, I suppose.
What is the ror community opinion about that? Everyone happy with the required pve grind?
Is it unreasonable and completely out of question to make Bis gear (BL weapons, sentinel jewel and god only knows what next) available to buy with pvp currencies (as expensive as it may be) ??

Ads
inoeth
Suspended

Re: [Poll]Do Devs hate pvp players? :)

Post#2 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:10 am

yeah i ever wondered where all the sov geared players come from, must be a secret room in the bastion stairs. lol know your game

bloodlord weapons you can get after 2 runs BS and sentinel jewel is not a must have

quda

Post#3 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:13 am

I agreed that PVE gear "power" should be somewhere between Invader and vanq, maybe close to invader, but weaker than it.

zulnam

Post#4 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:54 am

Good idea. Lets not whine just about balance and scenarios. Add PvE in there too, diversify our whining.

What's next? Lack of options in the settings menu? Too many options in the settings menu? I always hated that I can't play RoR on my Switch. GG DEVS!!!

Also good idea,
I’m not complaining about anything
should be a mandatory line in any complain thread. This way we make it clear in our complain threads that OP is not a complainer, and he/she is not the problem, but literally everything else is, always.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

TreefAM

Post#5 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:13 pm

the pve is not hard to learn you find a group and stop whining lmao

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#6 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:21 pm

mrmuscolo wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:53 am When you see your target walking away with like 5% hp
Another solo-whine-thread...

Looks like the problem is not PvE itself...im sure (99,9%) if pve content could be done as a solo-dps this kind of threads will magically dissapear...

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#7 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:17 pm

To explore strange new threads
To seek out new whines and new complaints
To boldly go where no git has gone before
These are the voyages of the forum "im not complaining but" posters
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

BluIzLucky

Post#8 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:49 pm

mrmuscolo wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:53 am War never ends.. until you log in and see 80% of your guild is engaged in thrilling pve action, a dozen of people spamming lfg begging for a dungeon run; and all of that while the other side dominates the lakes pushing for the next city siege. But that’s fine, you will get the best rewards the game can offer; throwing zones is the way to go.
Maybe you should join a guild that doesn't PvE if it annoys you when you see it, and unless 80% of your guild runs 24x2 CH22 warbands, it probably doesn't impact RvR much more than any other factors.
mrmuscolo wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:53 am I mean, I’m not complaining about anything; we all love Ror, but why devs hate pvp players?
Correct me if i’m wrong: you can join pvp as a level 1 character and play all the way to rank80 engaging all kind of pvp content.
And yet you will never be competitive, because BIS gear can only be obtained through pve. When you see your target walking away with like 5% hp you know why: you didn’t invest your time doing pve and you need to be punished regardless how hard you try, how much experience, knowledge you have.
"I'm not complaining, this thread isn't real, u CRraAaaAAazy"
It's very rare I see enemy walk away with 5% because Bloodlord wasn't equipped.. about as rare as a teammate walking away with 5% because they didn't equip Bloodlord and lost survivability.. again a lot of other factors are generally much more important than BIS items.

Let's assume BIS (Sent Jewel+Bloodlord wep) adds 5-10% dmg over BIS PvP gear, are you saying that it really matters in a 6v6 or 24v24 where the total team dmg is missing respectively 2.5-5% or 0.6-1.3%?
mrmuscolo wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:53 am There is simply a gear gap that you can’t overcome as a pvp-only player. It is so sad to think that’s the state of probably the best pvp game ever. I’ve been playing on/off for years, and when I realize there is no further reward i can get through pvp and I can’t be competitive on any of my characters I just have to quit.
So you are in full Sov gear and fortress/purple sc weapon(s) and still can't compete..? Stan why u so mad?
mrmuscolo wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:53 am For a while at least. (Or get into 120+ hours of pve..)
My opinion is Pve should offer great gear so you can be competitive a lot faster, until you obtain endgame(pvp) gear, but not the other way around…..
From my estimations to be able to equip full bloodlord (minus BL cloak and Sent Jewel) will take 18-30 hours, add about 4-8 hours for Sent Jewel.. that's about 2-3x faster than getting full vanq+invader (assuming you are not getting fort gold bags left right and center), exactly as you want it.
mrmuscolo wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:53 am Sadly devs are working hard to bring hunter’s vale back so it will only get worse, I suppose.
What is the ror community opinion about that? Everyone happy with the required pve grind?
Is it unreasonable and completely out of question to make Bis gear (BL weapons, sentinel jewel and god only knows what next) available to buy with pvp currencies (as expensive as it may be) ??
While it's indeed very truly sad they spend time expanding the game, I for one look forward to it.. and seems like 80% of your guild does too :)
If you so absolutely hate doing PvE, maybe make sure the class you play don't need it to stay "competitive" (all healers, tanks, and probably most dps) or wait for Sov Weapons to be released?
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

Ads
BluIzLucky

Post#9 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:50 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:17 pm To explore strange new threads
To seek out new whines and new complaints
To boldly go where no git has gone before
These are the voyages of the forum "im not complaining but" posters
When is your standup tour starting?? :lol:
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

arorwne
Suspended

Post#10 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:05 pm

...what? But Sov is still the Sovereign of the Hill, innit? edit: The results are kinda disquieting.