Recent Topics

Ads

[WL] We need to do something about the pet low survival

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Jinxypie

Re: [WL] We need to do something about the pet low survival

Post#31 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:23 pm

Artighur wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:37 pm
vindicuss wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:13 pm There's no need to buff the survival aspect of the pet, healers just seem to not worry about it so it's a problem of L2P. If it gets killed it's because that's how Destru deals with WLs, also Order is learning to kill first the rSH pets.
You do realize healers cannot see the pets on their unit frames? They have more important things to do than try to find the pet in the middle of a melee deathstar...

Also, it bears repeating that WL != SH pets. SH have 4 pets on different CD that are designed to die and be swapped easily. The Lion has a 15s CD and contains almost 100% of WL utility, it's also a melee pet with little armor, wounds, or toughness. It's alright in a 6v6 environment where the passive aoe is not so great but in anything larger, it will die by accident because it ran in front of a choppa.

I don't care that my pet dies if destro is targeting it to take my utility away, it's smart play but getting all my utility taken away from mindless, untargeted AoE is really shitty.
4pets but 3 are total downgrade for your spec. It's like if WL can call second lion that does basically nothing till the first one is of CD.
DoK RR80+, Chosen RR80+, Choppa RR70+, SH RR75+ WP RR65+

Ads
vanbuinen77

Post#32 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:27 pm

Try playing a engi or magus if you wanna complain about pets.

The wl pet is way better.
Malificatium-Magus
Malificatiiium-Chosen
Malificatiium-Shaman

vindicuss

Post#33 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:58 pm

I don't care that my pet dies if destro is targeting it to take my utility away, it's smart play but getting all my utility taken away from mindless, untargeted AoE is really shitty.
Then, don't send your pet into an AoE ball, in reality it's a L2P issue. As a WL you have a spec for AoE which don't need your pet so you don't worry about it being damaged by AoE.

Need to learn how to control the pet movement, don't just mindlessly send it to an AoE spot.

Artighur

Post#34 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:39 pm

vindicuss wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:58 pm
Then, don't send your pet into an AoE ball, in reality it's a L2P issue. As a WL you have a spec for AoE which don't need your pet so you don't worry about it being damaged by AoE.

Need to learn how to control the pet movement, don't just mindlessly send it to an AoE spot.
You do understand that the pet needs to be in melee to do anything right? Like of course I can keep my pet alive if it stays by my side while I AoE **** from 30 yards away, but it might as well be dead because it's not going to do **** at that range.

There is a reason why most WL play Loner in cities and large-scale RvR: it's simply going to spend more time dead than alive and what he brings when he's alive is not enough to warrant the micromanagement it causes.

Even with the Pet being 100% AoE immune, you'd still see the pet die quite often. After all, he's basically a melee AM with no detaunt, **** resistance and little parry/dodge/disrupt (my pet has 7% parry and that's it). If you think the pet is hard to kill, maybe the L2P is on your side ...
Artighor - WL 40/7x - Warband Leader for Vanguard Elite
Streaming Thursdays to Sundays nights (EST) at http://twitch.tv/artighur

Artighur

Post#35 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:45 pm

Jinxypie wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:23 pm
vindicuss wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:13 pm There's no need to buff the survival aspect of the pet, healers just seem to not worry about it so it's a problem of L2P. If it gets killed it's because that's how Destru deals with WLs, also Order is learning to kill first the rSH pets.
You do realize healers cannot see the pets on their unit frames? They have more important things to do than try to find the pet in the middle of a melee deathstar...

Also, it bears repeating that WL != SH pets. SH have 4 pets on different CD that are designed to die and be swapped easily. The Lion has a 15s CD and contains almost 100% of WL utility, it's also a melee pet with little armor, wounds, or toughness. It's alright in a 6v6 environment where the passive aoe is not so great but in anything larger, it will die by accident because it ran in front of a choppa.

4pets but 3 are total downgrade for your spec. It's like if WL can call second lion that does basically nothing till the first one is of CD.
I'll take a downgrade over a dead pet any day, especially if they can be used to heal/absorb/deal damage. Once the Lion is dead, he stay dead for 15s then will require me to cast it back so I can even benefit in any way.
Artighor - WL 40/7x - Warband Leader for Vanguard Elite
Streaming Thursdays to Sundays nights (EST) at http://twitch.tv/artighur

space44

Post#36 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:57 am

So far all I read is "I cant control my pet"... dude the easier and more effective option is to go loner you'll do significantly more damage without the pet and you wont need to get a headache when you send your pet into something suicidal and then share that headache with everyone else.
I have a WL and I despised having the pet I just felt like it was a hassle and as soon as I got the loner tactic it was a huge upgrade I didn't need to rely on my pet in fights and it lets me do a lot more damage. Not to mention loner is what your supposed to spec into for city and warbands.
Chosen: Roten Plaguelord rr86 | Knight of the Blazing Sun: Lyntyz Jesterknight rr63

I'm not a clown, I'm the whole circus.

phononHYPE

Post#37 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:13 am

I loved my pet, and going Loner was a tough choice that took me a couple of weeks to come to terms with. If you are so fixated on having your lion out-and-about, invest some Full Grown tactics and run Trained to Threaten. Want speed, there is Speed Training too! Just remember that if you want to play a Lion with an elt pet, it's gonna be tough.
Chasing the golden carrot that is my alts.

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative

Lorsten

Post#38 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:38 am

Install loyal pet addon, get some macroses and you will be fine with controlling pet. Sure it will not survive if being focused, but it shouldnt. All pets in the game already feels much better than it was a year ago for example. AoE dmg reduction and recieveng heals when holder is healed made life easier.
Pet management is important aspect of playing pet classes, you get huge benefits from doing it well, and you have option to spec loner if you do it bad, or you going AOE.
The only problem with pets is their pathing, bugging, and stuff like this, but you can tell it about every aspect of game.

Ads
Rumpel

Post#39 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:56 am

Bugging pets also giving benefits to you i assume. Got pulled by wl pets several times while there was no pet near by for me. Or while im sprinting they still faster then me and guess what.... they pulled me.
Image Ruedigga

Greetings from Chaos...
Spoiler:

Sundowner

Post#40 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:38 am

Rumpel wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:56 am Bugging pets also giving benefits to you i assume. Got pulled by wl pets several times while there was no pet near by for me. Or while im sprinting they still faster then me and guess what.... they pulled me.
They can be faster is WL also uses sprint it is shared with lion.