Recent Topics

Ads

[WL] We need to do something about the pet low survival

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
mryay

[WL] We need to do something about the pet low survival

Post#1 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:09 pm

Dear Devs,

Something needs to be done with respect to the low survival of the WL's Lion.

The pet just simply dies too quickly and for a class that is pet dependant for its damage and CC (tactics, abilities, morale,...)
On one part, when it dies, the damage of the Elf is laughable, and it heavily hampers Guardian Spec.
The biggest issue is the unavailability of CC during this time.
If you add the unreliable AI (even with mod)...

So, here is a suggestion.

1. Make the Lion never die until the WL dies
2. When the Lion HP goes to near 0, stun the Lion for 2 seconds, then it goes back to the battle, but the Lion damage (not the Elf) output is lowered by 60% for 8 seconds. HP gets reset
3. Increase Lion's baseline speed by a good 25%
4. Increase the range from where the Lions damage is reduced from 40 feet to 65 feet

Benefits:
- CCs are still available all the time
- The Elf damage output is kept consistent
- The Lion never has to be summoned again except when you switch from a loner.

/discuss
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RoR: SW 82, AM Heal RR51
AoR: SW R87, BW/R60+, SM/40+, AM/R50+, WL/R60+, Slayer R40+, DoK/SH/Sorcerer R40+ (+others)

Ads
Panzer80

Re: [WL] We need to do something about the pet low survival

Post#2 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:48 am

I've always liked the idea of a second pet. The "Tracker Lion" (t1 lion skin) for a 25% speed boost, and a 33% damage debuff.

The problem is that the pet becomes too strong in small fights if it can't be killed. Even though in small fights players rarely attack the pets.
Nihrandil [SM] 84, Arendollus [WL] 83, Caelroran [SW] 56, Thaler [WH] 82, Tionac [AM] 54, Hocke [Kotbs] 51
Gilgamash [BO] 82, Kaylor [Mara] 82, Gobsmack [Sham] 63 Jockitch [SH] 55

marisco

Post#3 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:16 am

Amazing proposal. Now mirror these changes to SH pet as well and watch order lose their collective **** :lol:

Sundowner

Post#4 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:05 am

Maybe devs should accept that they can't make WL pet viable in large scale without overbuffing in smallscale. Just make loner proper aoe spec

Vladthedad

Post#5 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:07 am

Hmm in any 6v6 or 12v12 I've fought against good opposition, the enemy always focus my lion and it's one of the first things to die (doesn't take them long to kill it, a few seconds.) Then I'm basically useless until I can respawn, just armour debuffing and interrupting casters.

Pets definitely need more survivability but issue is that admittedly, the lion does genuinely good damage for a pet. If it never died, combined with the power of a WL when their pet is up, would make WLs very op. For instance if we specced aoe but kept the crit modified tactic and lion never died, alongside armour ignore from slashing and spinning, we would wreck in AOE situations.

Maybe just giving the pets more health/resist will help us manage them and reposition them quicker before they die.
Barbaphus - Chosen - TUP
Elhelion - White Lion - The Unlikely Plan

Sundowner

Post#6 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:49 am

Vladthedad wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:07 am Hmm in any 6v6 or 12v12 I've fought against good opposition, the enemy always focus my lion and it's one of the first things to die (doesn't take them long to kill it, a few seconds.) Then I'm basically useless until I can respawn, just armour debuffing and interrupting casters.

Pets definitely need more survivability but issue is that admittedly, the lion does genuinely good damage for a pet. If it never died, combined with the power of a WL when their pet is up, would make WLs very op. For instance if we specced aoe but kept the crit modified tactic and lion never died, alongside armour ignore from slashing and spinning, we would wreck in AOE situations.

Maybe just giving the pets more health/resist will help us manage them and reposition them quicker before they die.
You just explained how AOE mara works, except mara also got aoe kd and aoe ws/initiative debuff :mrgreen:

normanis

Post#7 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:55 am

i think stop touch pets already. if u whant use fletch ,use TTT.
increase amount of heal from natures bond or make it work diferent.
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

Vladthedad

Post#8 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:00 am

Sundowner wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:49 am
Vladthedad wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:07 am Hmm in any 6v6 or 12v12 I've fought against good opposition, the enemy always focus my lion and it's one of the first things to die (doesn't take them long to kill it, a few seconds.) Then I'm basically useless until I can respawn, just armour debuffing and interrupting casters.

You just explained how AOE mara works, except mara also got aoe kd and aoe ws/initiative debuff :mrgreen:
True, but classes are not supposed to be mirrors. if they were, things would be very boring. WL has things that Mara doesn't, and vice versa.
Barbaphus - Chosen - TUP

Ads
Sundowner

Post#9 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:31 am

Vladthedad wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:00 am

True, but classes are not supposed to be mirrors. if they were, things would be very boring. WL has things that Mara doesn't, and vice versa.
You were talking about AOE, and in AOE what, in your words would make WL op is what mara already has (and on top of that aoe kd, debuffs and armor pen ignore proc). so if WL would be op with crit tactic, it makes aoe mara op now? :mrgreen:

Vladthedad

Post#10 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:25 am

Sundowner wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:31 am
Vladthedad wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:00 am

You were talking about AOE, and in AOE what, in your words would make WL op is what mara already has (and on top of that aoe kd, debuffs and armor pen ignore proc). so if WL would be op with crit tactic, it makes aoe mara op now? :mrgreen:
A good point! I don't think Mara's are OP in AOE, so maybe WL wouldn't be in AOE situations. I think broadly though if say the pet didn't die, it would be quite a big buff to WLs overall (specifically ST, taking your point on AOE).
Barbaphus - Chosen - TUP