Recent Topics

Ads

[WH] A Witch Hunter Patch Note

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
normanis

Re: [WH] A Witch Hunter Patch Note

Post#31 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:47 am

in those ancient times what was 1.2 patches witch dealed crazy damage (some previous years forum threads)
http://web-old.archive.org/web/20080912 ... aspx?id=22
basicly tear appart any healer as witch
http://web-old.archive.org/web/20090826 ... aspx?id=22
nerfed version
why cant just increase razor tactic to count 6 target byt u dont gain points and crit damage dont affect on it (prety meh byt aoe) and u still need build frenzies with normal attacks.
wicy dualwield gives u +10parry while wh ( i dont know what benefit is from 1 sword and 1 pistol anymore because pistol gived u ranged finishers) and pistol whip is when u hit someone with place what u hold pistol. no trow pistol to stun.
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

Ads
Hulgore
Suspended

Post#32 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:25 pm

inoeth wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:50 am if you give the wh fancy abilities that would justify a switch to pistol as the main weapon, i would totally be finde with ballistic being the main stat, everything else is just you wanting the wh to get nerfed.
Yes I like your point of view

bloodydevilx wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:04 am you want WH to be a serious threat to healers. give them an ability or tactic to remove every detaunt they have on them. than the viability of WE and WH will go through the roof for cities. the counter play would be that the tank would actually have to swap guard since the healer cant detaunt and ignore
This is a good idea, would increase the singularity of the class (then there would be no need to increase silence duration I guess)

Concerning other people stating that WH damages are fine, this is delusional, this is the class I'm having the most trouble with to kill anyone, damages have nothing special and you're awfully squishy, 3 arrows from a Squid and you're mostly out, WE you kill them only if you have some luck, marauders and choppa just need to crit you 2 or 3 times and you're done, mostly the same from 2 hander BO and Chosen ; healers are impossible to kill, to be fair there are only 2 classes that you can kill pretty easily as a WH currently : Magus and Sorcs, and only if you have Shroud of Magnus. Besides these 2 classes you're just worthless when it comes to killing potential

Other thing, I do not like the idea of a supportive dps WH in warbands, this is a damage class not a tank or a healer, I want to kill when playing it, and spreading fire damages I don't see why people could consider these as an insult to the archetype of the class : it's an inquisitor madness who wants to burn anyone, which would happen (in the conditions that I made in the original post) only if you manage to kill the target you had applied Burn Heretic on (and Burn Away Lies would requires 9 seconds before the AoE explosion would happen).
Plus it's a tactic that I proposed , so there is a requirement for these AoE effects to happen : there is nothing overpowered on that proposition, and nothing that breaks the class archetype

If you're so annoyed that a Witch Hunter has any AoE damages, then I could argue that we should just delete every Single Target abilities for Choppas/Slayers, BW etc. because they're supposed to be AoE damage dealers right ?.... Yet they don't seem to have much problems at crushing one target

inoeth
Suspended

Post#33 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:41 pm

hmm are you low rr/equip? because i am in invader rr79 and the only classes i can not kill are full def tanks and very skilled players that time everything perfectly. in case of WE its pretty even, who gets the jump first wins, but actually most time they flee with stagger.
but yeah sorc and magus are pretty much free rp even though there are some really hard ones (hello frozenover :P) and i dont even have shroud of magnus ;D

Atropik

Post#34 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:03 pm

inoeth wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:50 am if you give the wh fancy abilities that would justify a switch to pistol as the main weapon, i would totally be finde with ballistic being the main stat, everything else is just you wanting the wh to get nerfed.
Me? I am the most devoted protector of stealth classes this server has ever seen xd

I just stay stronk against the idea of reworking wh into some kind of range hybrid class, this game used to have lots of hybrid classes and they never work as they should. The suggestions proposed in this thread do not look promising and, knowing the devs, will never happen to be made, so y'd better ask for something more reliable and less gamechanging.

Wh is fine as it is, if we put him in a vacuum space and look at his skills. The problem is - destro classes are build in a way - wh cant beat most of them.
Nicelook | Obey

Hulgore
Suspended

Post#35 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:07 pm

inoeth wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:41 pm hmm are you low rr/equip? because i am in invader rr79 and the only classes i can not kill are full def tanks and very skilled players that time everything perfectly. in case of WE its pretty even, who gets the jump first wins, but actually most time they flee with stagger.
but yeah sorc and magus are pretty much free rp even though there are some really hard ones (hello frozenover :P) and i dont even have shroud of magnus ;D
I'm full vanquisher, indeed its not the best, yet I have an easier time at killing targets with a rank 38 warrior priest dps (which is considered as one of the worst dps spec in the game)

Krima

Post#36 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:20 pm

My take

1 - Improving the pistol : WH and WE are direct mirros. if more range would be given to WHs, Expect the same to be applied to puncutre, oyk, rutheless assault, hrt and SS. The WH has a pistol and still dual wielding. PISTOLs for the WHs its just cosmetic tell u the truth. The class is straight up meele and not range.

2 - AOE - Devs already tried.. and reverted it back.
Krima - WE RR 87
Carnage :ugeek:

zgolec

Post#37 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:45 pm

Seeing as WH is castrated now i woudl gladly see some of these implemented.
SM 82 / IB 82 / KOTBS 82 / WL 82 / WP 72 / SW 75
CH 77 / BG 6X / BO 6X / WE 6X / MAG 6X ...and others.

sighy

Post#38 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:13 pm

Krima wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:20 pm 2 - AOE - Devs already tried.. and reverted it back.
One of the most criticised and contentious """""""""""bugfixes""""""""""", in the last 3 years i think. But as it was it would have died the second Slayers and Choppas got boosted to 24 anyway.

Ads
Twohandernoob

Post#39 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:24 pm

Wh needs a major flat damage buff. More contribution of str to abilities, crit dmg tactic to core and change BAL to elemental. Otherwise any bs faff around changes you do is useless while stealth assassin class is so weak.

Long ago in the early days of live they got rid of balistic skill contribution to pistol (lulz) and then gave WH massive BAL buff and str contribution buff which made them viable for the first time. We are there again now.

inoeth
Suspended

Post#40 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:01 pm

agree BaL needs to be elemental