Recent Topics

Ads

DOK-WP Balancing with other healers classes.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
vouzou

DOK-WP Balancing with other healers classes.

Post#1 » Sun Mar 21, 2021 1:51 pm

Hello fellow RoRears,

I would like to put on discuss some thoughts about about the some changes on current abilites both classes have that may be able to help with kitting and positioning situation for DOK and his mirror WP classes.
We all know that as healers both DOK and WP are good, with good burst aoe healing healing, but they luck the mobility for it to use it properly. Especially when Soul essence - righteous fury are low and no enemies in range when you need to cast suplication or blood offering but you also need to repositioning yourself or in cases where you are being cced and try to escape and the only heal that you can provide are Hot's.
So my 2 thoughts that may help a tonned up those 2 classes with the rest healer will be this:

1) Make suplicaton - blood offering able to cast on move.
2) Make Khaine's refershment - Martyr's blessing able to cast on move.

This means that we can have 2 abilities with cd that can be interrupted and affected by silence and other cc's abilities to be more flexible and can be used while moving. This changes will give some mobility to DOK - WP without altering their playstyle or making them overpowered because the main purpose of those 2 abilities will remain the same. You need to cast suplication - blood offering to gain resources and you need to be 30 feet from allies in order to heal them.

Waiting for your thoughts.

Korthian of Phalanx
Korthian Dok of Phalanx
Korthi Wp of Zerg

Ads
yoluigi

Re: DOK-WP Balancing with other healers classes.

Post#2 » Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:12 pm

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1a5m ... FTir0/edit
Detaunt for wp rework proposal in the work and yes right now WP/Dok salvation are way too strong compare to others heals.

vouzou

Post#3 » Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:36 pm

About WP-DOK detaunt i would suggest somethink different. Because using the tactic gives you only 1 kind of detaunt (aoe) and all the other healers have both ST and AOE in their Arsenal. So make the primary target of detaunt take the full duration and the others arround him take the 5 secs.
Korthian Dok of Phalanx
Korthi Wp of Zerg

brasyan

Post#4 » Sun Mar 21, 2021 3:58 pm

i agree, having supplication on the move would be super nice.
on the fence with MB or KF being casted on the move.. feel like that would be super op.
maybe having the main single target heal being casted on the move? i feel like that would be more realistic. or having divine aid on the move. I agree WP/DOK ABSOLUTELY need some sort of ability( other then aoe hot) to cast on the move while kiting.

sharpblader

Post#5 » Sun Mar 21, 2021 4:43 pm

vouzou wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 1:51 pm without altering their playstyle or making them overpowered
Im sorry but I find this hard to believe. The changes you propose seem overpowered.

vouzou

Post#6 » Sun Mar 21, 2021 4:46 pm

sharpblader wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 4:43 pm
vouzou wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 1:51 pm without altering their playstyle or making them overpowered
Im sorry but I find this hard to believe. The changes you propose seem overpowered.
I would like to hear your thoughts about why you think they are overpowered.
Korthian Dok of Phalanx
Korthi Wp of Zerg

Sever1n

Post#7 » Sun Mar 21, 2021 4:49 pm

They op as dunno what. U really ask to buff them?

AxelF

Post#8 » Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:51 pm

WP/DoK are already stupidly easy to play, very tanky and kick out amazing heals. And you think they need a buff? :lol:

Ads
Bloodmasked

Post#9 » Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:23 pm

vouzou wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:36 pm About WP-DOK detaunt i would suggest somethink different. Because using the tactic gives you only 1 kind of detaunt (aoe) and all the other healers have both ST and AOE in their Arsenal. So make the primary target of detaunt take the full duration and the others arround him take the 5 secs.
Changing the detaunt ability would defeat the purpose of WP/Doks not requiring tanks to babysit them. The 100% uptime aoe detaunt only works if you use it properly, the majority of WP/doks don't. And it is certainly possible to prevent a WP/Dok from pressing their detaunt button before you attack them.

Bloodmasked

Post#10 » Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:28 pm

I like the idea of moving with Khaine's refreshment because it would enable the dok to actually move with the warband rather than only using this ability when we are not moving. But moving while casting supplication would not be a good change because already the WP/Dok can throw essence lashes on the move, and being able to move with supplication would make ppl spam it.