Recent Topics

Ads

Should Weekend-Event Scenarios be Solo Queue (PUG) Only?

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.

Poll: Should Weekend-Event Scenarios be Solo Queue (PUG) Only?

Yes
54%
No
46%
Total votes: 156

NSKaneda

Re: Should Weekend-Event Scenarios be Solo Queue (PUG) Only?

Post#31 » Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:23 pm

Pug as in pug vs pug? Sure, why not but with people forming sc groups on disc it will never be true solo q experience (thanks, ranked).

Still, nothing stops you from forming a party: like others mentioned destro are way better at this since you either face only order premades as solo or group up and slay ungrouped people. Weird system, I know, but it's the only one we have now.

As for the solo q - love this mode and 90% of my scenarios are done this way. I like the challenge of having to modify my playstyle to fit party setup plus every fight plays differently (which can go hilariously wrong or surprisingly well). On the downside from time to time you get "ranked playstyle" with "ungrouped" teams coordinating beyond /assist trains and whole scenario becomes boring 10min clobbering in one spot or people do .surrender after first wipe... On average I get more interesting and exciting fights in mid tier (shout out to Duraz Tarag, it's always a pleasure to fight against them) and T4s are either mindless slaughter or ranked style drag.
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

Ads
CountTalabecland

Post#32 » Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:07 pm

Given how busy the weekend event makes scens, I would prefer that there is a pug version and a grp version.

I want more ppl to join for fun and boost the pop on the weekends. I think the 24/7 mindless pug stomp of Friday-Monday hurts the population as ppl just leave. Plus, the you should form a group argument falls apart when you see those groups slaughtering pugs. They want easy farm, not increased competition.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Vholrat

Post#33 » Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:38 pm

CountTalabecland wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:07 pm Given how busy the weekend event makes scens, I would prefer that there is a pug version and a grp version.

I want more ppl to join for fun and boost the pop on the weekends. I think the 24/7 mindless pug stomp of Friday-Monday hurts the population as ppl just leave. Plus, the you should form a group argument falls apart when you see those groups slaughtering pugs. They want easy farm, not increased competition.
basically as solo pug when i see weekend scenario i just avoid it straight. no balance? ok **** then weekend event 8-)

doxifera

Post#34 » Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:39 pm

Mruvka wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:09 am Hello,

Here is my opinion on this:

A lot of players have neither the time, nor the desire to form and coordinate premades for weekend scenarios. They just have occasional slots of 30-40 minutes in-between other activities on the weekend and want to log in for a quick SC queue and have fun. Hopefully, also manage to get the event reward to stay competitive throughout the week.

This is all good and well, but the reality you are faced with as a PUG player on a weekend is brutal. Renown and XP increases on the Event scenario attract guild premades of BiS-geared veterans coupled with fresh recruits, who are essentially being boosted through a 4-5 hour merciless farm of PUG compositions during the weekend. If that happens during the time of the day you have set aside for playing, you are pretty much screwed.

I fully understand that this is a group-oriented game and that forming teams should come first. However, I do think that if you want a group-based experience there are plenty of options - keeps, forts, cities, public quests. Of course, if you want the team experience in a scenario, there are ranked scenarios also.

Personally, I think that forming a premade with the sole purpose of farming casual players during a weekend event is not only dishonourable, but also damaging to the prospects of growing the player base. A lot of players just quit, angry and frustrated, and never come back to the game after such an experience.

I think that making event scenarios solo queue only will attract and retain more of the players who have limited time to play. The weekend-event scenario massacres are not for the faint of heart, and are quite discouraging to new players. They may not feel included and motivated to play, which negates the whole point of the "event".

What do you think?

Regards,

Mruvka
I agree, it's just absurd - to throw primades against pugs. All scenarios should be split( not in menu, just on server side), primades should not play against pugs.

oilpourer
Suspended

Post#35 » Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:54 pm

So I should be forced to play and win with random dogshit engi#5412, dragon gun wh#5941 and rof bw#5190203201310231293? How is that fair to me and the time I invest?

Wuhh

Post#36 » Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:59 pm

Recently there was a bug and it made the weekend sc queue solo only. I don't recall which it was, but it made for an interesting weekend of sc's. However I don't agree to make weekend event sc solo/duo only queue. It stops those who want to play as a group doing so in this team-based game. I'm sure there could be a complicated matchmaking system employed which could lead to long wait times or something else to grumble over... but here is an idea:

Allow group queues for 12man sc's that select a maximum of 1 group for each side, and then matchmake 6 pugs for the other teams. Enable a timer to allow a full pug sc on one side if there are no teams available for the event sc from that realm. Probably once the cycle and you or your team is inline with it the pops probably wont be that long (only as long as the decided timer is - so make that short). Could be that the timer delays only the group and enables a full pug sc for both realms, so that if there are multiple instances of the event running and an opposition team is qing but in one of those, eventually the groups would meet and probably stay in the same cycle unless they choose to dodge or take a break etcetc.

NSKaneda

Post#37 » Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:10 pm

oilpourer wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:54 pm So I should be forced to play and win with random dogshit engi#5412, dragon gun wh#5941 and rof bw#5190203201310231293? How is that fair to me and the time I invest?

Want setup that is up to your standards? Form premade and compete with like-minded people.
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

Akalukz

Post#38 » Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:38 pm

yeah can't figure out why they don't put atleast 1 premade on each side. pug vs Premade is something both realms complain about...so just make every scenarios require a premade and fill with pugs. Problem solved for everyone Premades get some competition and Pugs get some help.
-= Agony =-

Ads
licenje

Post#39 » Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:53 pm

2 weeks ago saw AM in sc he was just geting 2 shot in sc, we where vs 2x 80+ full sov-war premade, i inspected him he was in lvl 35 gear with lvl 20 acc...
i asked him why hes not using lvl 38 acc form shop he had no idea they exsisted, he was new player first char on RoR i took 30 mins of my time gave him gold for 38 mount show him shops to upgrade cape and acc, gave him some 18-19 talis and gave him stack of armor pots, now he was geting 4 shot.Told him to que pug sc if he has no premade and such low gear but it was event time so no pug pops... Saw him a day after and never loged again donno if he stoped playing game or he made new char...

Thats new player exp in RoR you get 40 and ppl that play game for 6 years farm you, if you que pug sc there is no pop with event on...

So will you take that AM to your premade, fresh 40 no gear no rr ? If no we need PUG sc event, cos we are losing players cos 30 ppl that make premades are scared to face other premades... why are you making premade if not fight other premade ? or you just wona 2 shot ppl? its no noob frendly

Vholrat

Post#40 » Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:00 pm

honestly **** week end scenario. i skip it totally is more cost effective makin all but weekend event and getting zerged 24/7 in scenario as fresh level 40