Recent Topics

Ads

Please fix how this server calculates distance

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
titaniummushroom

Please fix how this server calculates distance

Post#1 » Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:45 am

Overall this shard is decent. I'm sure every class has their gripes and complaints as well as the things they like.

Dev team - This is my biggest gripe, please fix it.

If I am in range to auto attack..... then ffs I should ALSO be in range to land an ability. Seriously, the amount of times I've died because an enemy is in this magical sweet spot where somehow I can auto-attack but I can't land an ability (because I'm chasing) and therefore am magically out of range and they can auto-attack AND land an ability (because they're running and are magically in range). At this point were getting close to 4 figures.

Bottom line. Auto attack range is 5 feet. 5 Foot range abilities should therefore, also land at 5 feet. If you need to set the stupid range to 5.01 to make it work please do but this is annoying. I literally have died SO many times because i'm chasing someone yet as im ATing I magically cant land a KD or anything useful but somehow THEY CAN. Range is range. If I'm in range for them, they should be in range for me. Something is massively broken with how this server calculates distance for moving targets because it clearly isn't the same.

Ads
Sinisterror

Re: FFS - Please fix how this server calculates distance

Post#2 » Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:55 am

maybe you tried to use skill that requires to be behind target and the target is kiting you? Need more information, sometimes enemys back is not enemys back.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

titaniummushroom

Post#3 » Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:58 am

yes positionals are there own problem but i'm talking literally in general. there is a sweet spot where no ability will land for mdps but autos will land.

this of course gets worse if you throw positional requirements into the mix. you can attempt to get around this with other abilities but it's moot when the distance requirement isn't met because.... reasons?

Sinisterror

Post#4 » Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:00 am

Okay, i havent experienced that but i have experienced weird range things but that is kinda expected=)
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Glorian

Post#5 » Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:20 am

Wasn't the melee AA Range increased for the lagging North American lads and lasses?

Darks63

Post#6 » Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:13 am

Sounds more like a ping issue are you playing from the US or the EU?
Tourist SW 40/50+<Zaxxed> Discotec 40/40+<IRONIC>

Former Pragg/Badlands Destro Iron Rock/Badlands Order player.

nocturnalguest

Post#7 » Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:46 am

Range is definitely an issue. But its probably very hard to track down or figure why such clunkiness. Its definitely not only the lag imo.

saupreusse
Developer

Post#8 » Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:42 pm

Where are you connecting from? It sounds like a lag problem if you ask me.

Ads
nebelwerfer

Post#9 » Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:57 pm

on AA there is a grace range increase.. try standing in front of a dummy and hit it and take 1 step back until you cant.. now move sideways back and forth and ull be able to land hits, so thats why. abilities work diffrently i guess

saupreusse
Developer

Post#10 » Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:03 pm

Yes and channels have a 20ft range so they wont break on lag