Recent Topics

Ads

3 simple changes that would make Heal Archmage from Good to Great

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Sever1n

Re: 3 simple changes that would make Heal Archmage from Good to Great

Post#31 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:06 pm

Btw even rp+kobs passive healboosting just screams that am can go pug themselves.

Ads
Caduceus

Post#32 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:22 pm

I honestly don't know what people are complaining about.

I've never struggled to make AM useful, and have gained similar feedback from my friends and guildies. The reason I rolled AM in the first place was because my guild expressed that they needed more of them!

Also, someone noted that "WP gets all the contri because AM is utility focused"; but this is just plain false. AM is by far the class I earned most gold bags on in city, because rezzing and AoE debuffing actually yields large amounts of contribution.

Reading this thread, I get a strong sense that there are many new players here who found a convenient scapegoat to blame their underperformance on. Maybe AM just takes more skill than the other healers, just like IB is harder to excel at than KotBS and SM. Doesn't make the class weak, though!
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

Ysaran

Post#33 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:43 pm

Caduceus wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:22 pm I honestly don't know what people are complaining about.

I've never struggled to make AM useful, and have gained similar feedback from my friends and guildies. The reason I rolled AM in the first place was because my guild expressed that they needed more of them!

Also, someone noted that "WP gets all the contri because AM is utility focused"; but this is just plain false. AM is by far the class I earned most gold bags on in city, because rezzing and AoE debuffing actually yields large amounts of contribution.

Reading this thread, I get a strong sense that there are many new players here who found a convenient scapegoat to blame their underperformance on. Maybe AM just takes more skill than the other healers, just like IB is harder to excel at than KotBS and SM. Doesn't make the class weak, though!
Althought 90% of the AM I personally know are outrageously bad, I think that the problem is that a lot of the ppl play solo and thus they have a distorted vision of the game, even the times when they play in group.
Zputadenti

Kloaner

Post#34 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:06 pm

that's something you can say about every class. So far I saw 3 good Heal AM's (1 is a Destro Main) with you and Caduceus we have 5 excellent players.
AM / RP / Shaman / Zealot / WP / DoK

Ysaran

Post#35 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:41 pm

Kloaner wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:06 pm that's something you can say about every class. So far I saw 3 good Heal AM's (1 is a Destro Main) with you and Caduceus we have 5 excellent players.
and so what? the class needs to be buffed because most ppl don't know how to play it or because most ppl play it in the wrong environment?
Zputadenti

Kloaner

Post#36 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:07 pm

Ysaran wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:41 pm and so what? the class needs to be buffed because most ppl don't know how to play it or because most ppl play it in the wrong environment?
did I say something like that? Only buff I would consider (beside a complete rework) I wrote some post before. btw why so aggressive? chill guy, we understand that you are the "only one" AM player.

lyncher12

Post#37 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:09 pm

it just needs an aoe hot which could be easily done by combining group cleanse and the hot tactic. anything else is unnecessary. if both tactics worked together, i still wouldn't use it because thats two tactic slots and am has a lot of good tactics.

Ysaran

Post#38 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:36 pm

Kloaner wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:07 pm
Ysaran wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:41 pm and so what? the class needs to be buffed because most ppl don't know how to play it or because most ppl play it in the wrong environment?
did I say something like that? Only buff I would consider (beside a complete rework) I wrote some post before. btw why so aggressive? chill guy, we understand that you are the "only one" AM player.
The OP wanted a straight buff, and you want an indirect one. But the substance is the same: you both think that AM is underperforming compared to RP/WP.
Sorry if you think i'm aggressive, but i'm totally chill. I'm not even half as good as some AM/Shaman playing on this server, I think of myself more like a baby AM, still learning to walk
Zputadenti

Ads
Kloaner

Post#39 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:46 pm

Ysaran wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:36 pm The OP wanted a straight buff, and you want an indirect one. But the substance is the same: you both think that AM is underperforming compared to RP/WP.
Sorry if you think i'm aggressive, but i'm totally chill. I'm not even half as good as some AM/Shaman playing on this server, I think of myself more like a baby AM, still learning to walk
it happens sometimes that people think differently about a class but as you said we are just to stupid to play.

Sever1n

Post#40 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:30 pm

Res and debuff give u contrib? Guild whabt more AM? Guy are you from dif universe?