Recent Topics

Ads

3 simple changes that would make Heal Archmage from Good to Great

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Sinisterror

Re: 3 simple changes that would make Heal Archmage from Good to Great

Post#21 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:34 am

Kloaner wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:16 am big Buff for AM & Shaman? change RoL & MRoA, so that it no longer counts as a direct Heal.

And because of all the people here who telling us that AM is the best in City. There is only 1 competitive mode in this Game, just ask yourself what do you think when you see that your Team has 2 AM compared when it has 2RP/WP.
Heheh. Rol & Mroa being direct heal is so goddamn good. Proccing+ 25 % heal tactic, proccing absorb on heal tactic, proccing resto burst. I mean it's so good it probably should be changed because it makes other runes and rituals useless in comparison=) But gameplay with rp/zealots feels so goddamn smooth though because of how this rune/ritual works. Didnt work like this live.
Last edited by Sinisterror on Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Ads
Kloaner

Post#22 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:35 am

detrap wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:20 am

It's a team game that rewards good group composition efficiency, so why buff a classes' heals then they will be op with the tools they already have? What stars do you need aligned? All you need is a SM for order, and a black orc or choppa for destro
so in other words we should nerf the other 2 Healer classes really hard because they can perform very well in all situations without needing another class.
AM / RP / Shaman / Zealot / WP / DoK

Ysaran

Post#23 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:48 am

Kloaner wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:35 am
detrap wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:20 am

It's a team game that rewards good group composition efficiency, so why buff a classes' heals then they will be op with the tools they already have? What stars do you need aligned? All you need is a SM for order, and a black orc or choppa for destro
so in other words we should nerf the other 2 Healer classes really hard because they can perform very well in all situations without needing another class.
Wtf, no. How come you get this conclusion? Healer classes are mostly fine, no need for buff/nerf
Zputadenti

Ysaran

Post#24 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:52 am

The only fix AM/Shaman need is the class mechanics rework. 10gcd to go from 5 force to 5 tranquility is bs
Zputadenti

Kloaner

Post#25 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:16 am

Ysaran wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:48 am
Wtf, no. How come you get this conclusion? Healer classes are mostly fine, no need for buff/nerf
because of the line I was quoting? If they can't buff AM because he will be OP but right now needs high Gear and a SM to become viable in a specific scenario. So it's logic for me that RP/WP are way too strong when they don't need high gear and another class to perform well in all situations.

Ysaran

Post#26 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:29 am

Kloaner wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:16 am
Ysaran wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:48 am
because of the line I was quoting? If they can't buff AM because he will be OP but right now needs high Gear and a SM to become viable in a specific scenario. So it's logic for me that RP/WP are way too strong when they don't need high gear and another class to perform well in all situations.
AM need as much gear as any other healer. About the SM: you need a SM to ovearheal RP/WP, but even without an SM you can still be very usefull. AM have a unique toolkit (AoE AP drain, Moral Pump, Insta Rezz, Puddle, strongest ST healing in game, AoE debuffs), maybe you will not top the scoreboard, but this doesn't mean you are worst than other healers. The error everyone does about AM is thinking that you are playing a RP/WP. You are not, it's not the same. You have to do different things, you need a different positioning and you need different gear. Complaining about AM not doing the same job as a RP/WP is like complaining that WH can't do the same job as a Slayer. It's silly

P.S. Even playing RP is different than playing WP. The healers aren't all the same class with different appearence, just like tank or dps. Healers are very balanced in this game. Imo there's no need to nerf/buff RP, WP or AM. AM need just a fix for is mechanics, and not because it's weak but only because it's clunky af
Zputadenti

Kloaner

Post#27 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:48 am

Ysaran wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:29 am nice words
the reality we see ingame in lfg.

Ysaran

Post#28 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:55 am

Kloaner wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:48 am
Ysaran wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:29 am nice words
the reality we see ingame in lfg.
ah sorry, I thought you were serious. My bad :roll:
Zputadenti

Ads
Kloaner

Post#29 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:04 am

Ysaran wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:55 am
ah sorry, I thought you were serious. My bad :roll:
sry, sometimes it's really hard to answer serious. but never mind have fun with your AM.

Sever1n

Post#30 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:00 pm

Only big numbers on am u can get is from pumping mellezone nonstop with EoV. That means that u need SM ww. Also it means that your build will be look like funnel puddle eov. No moral pumps aoe cleanses and other ****. Then when u finally be ready to do that, destro side will rememver 2 fact about AM - instares and squishi. And now u got - 50% debuff to your heal time due to 4-10 dps over your ass, trying to kill you, while wp drink coffee watch films and press random buttons. If am/shammie dont die no one die. In my opinion shammies >am coz they have 2def tactics for run autodetaunt, tough boost hot, 2 ww choppa/bork for heal pumping, and even mass moale pump trough ere we go. How do you beat that on am? Best healer? Yeah ofcourse if u left alone and nonstop spam eov in mellezone. That will work only against idiots. And on top of all am havezero chances to have normal party in city, hes a slave to WW, and on top of that all contrib in city will go to WP, coz you '' utility focused''. How to fix am? Easy. Nerf doc/wp. They are in to sweet spot. Let them feel all the pain that am feel every single city. This theme is sucked over years and nothing changed, so why do you think just random changing of few skills will change situation? Devs just need create am go to city, feel all frustration by themselves and then fix all, assburning moments for class. In a billion ways that already been suggested. Its complicating coz making heal good may reflect in that dps am become broken. And '' broken'' is a squig rightfull place.