Recent Topics

Ads

3 simple changes that would make Heal Archmage from Good to Great

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
mryay

3 simple changes that would make Heal Archmage from Good to Great

Post#1 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 6:59 pm

Here are the simple changes:
  1. Make "Apotheosis" tactic to trigger "Isha's Encouragement" tactic on each party member when both are slotted and increase the range to 100 feet. So that when the group cleanse is triggered it heals the group target
  2. Make "Cleansing light" to cleanse ailment, hex AND curses
  3. Make "Arcing Power" to heal all party members within 100 feet for 25% of the damage dealt
Benefits:
  • Increase the group heals output (at the investment of 2 tactics) turning the AM as THE ultimate cleanser of the game.
  • Make DPS Archmage useful to the realm by providing some heal output to party members similarly to DPS Warrior Priest (with obviously, less efficiency since it is a ranged class. But some heal is infinitely better than no heal).
/discuss
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RoR: SW 82, AM Heal RR51
AoR: SW R87, BW/R60+, SM/40+, AM/R50+, WL/R60+, Slayer R40+, DoK/SH/Sorcerer R40+ (+others)

Ads
Caduceus

Re: 3 simple changes that would make Heal Archmage from Good to Great

Post#2 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:20 pm

I think healing Archmage is fine where it is. Unlike its counterparts it has a large and versatile toolkit. ST healing is some of the best, and AoE healing is in my opinion at an acceptable level (especially in the hands of a skilled player).

And while I would support ways of making DPS Archmage more useful in warbands, buffs in to this specialization cannot be made without taking into consideration its utter brokenness in small-scale.
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

havartii

Post#3 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:17 pm

I have made similar post with same suggestions over and over. If you want to be read by more than just Wargrimner scanning for TOS I would make a proposal in the builds section. It may get a conversation started but this section is mostly flaming and will get derailed into something you never intended. :cry:
Order: 70 AM / 76 RP/ 72 Knight/ 58 WH
Destro: 82 Sham / 79 Zealot/ 70 DoK /70 Magus /68 Mara
Many alts on both sides now ruined by new currency change

havartii

Post#4 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:28 pm

Caduceus wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:20 pm I think healing Archmage is fine where it is. Unlike its counterparts it has a large and versatile toolkit. ST healing is some of the best, and AoE healing is in my opinion at an acceptable level (especially in the hands of a skilled player).

And while I would support ways of making DPS Archmage more useful in warbands, buffs in to this specialization cannot be made without taking into consideration its utter brokenness in small-scale.
I think these are very good suggestions that would make the Archmage more desirable in group play. Merging the tactics would give the class a much needed group heal as it lacks any group hot that all other healers get. The only thing that makes this class competitive at all depends on another class to buff you and you need to be in sync to always get the benefit, this take serious coordination. I don't think healing is anywhere near RP or WP and the stats prove it. Small scale sc's or large scale cities.

Sinisterror

Post#5 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:53 pm

Just changin Isha's encouragement to be grp cleanse/hot would do wonders (same for shaman as well.) I would get rid of instan rezz but make AM/SH resurrection 3 sec cast, rp/zea 3.25 sec cast and wp/dok 3.5 sec cast. Grp heal cast time for am/sh 2.25 seconds instead of normal 2.5 seconds.

When dinging lvl 40 AM/SH should get Funnel Essence/DsU or EoV/FodG. Desperation/Aint done yet make it 25 % more effective heals after 40 % health. Add to these tactics as well that shrug it off/Magikal infusion becomes pulsing aoe hot every 5 seconds around 30 feet of the target and dont feel nuthin/shield of saphery becomes party instead of single target.

Change the hot part of gorkl fix it/healing energy and make it heal it the hot part as well instantly.
Last edited by Sinisterror on Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Caduceus

Post#6 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:54 pm

havartii wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:28 pm

Merging the tactics would give the class a much needed group heal as it lacks any group hot that all other healers get.

All that would do is make AM more like the other healers, and it doesn't need to be. It is useful by itself, because it brings a lot of unique features to the table which players overlook when they classify AM as the worst healer.

The only thing that makes this class competitive at all depends on another class to buff you and you need to be in sync to always get the benefit, this take serious coordination.

I disagree that only Vaul spec is competitive. Perhaps if the only metric of competitiveness is healing numbers on a scoreboard, but that would be a gross oversimplification.

I don't think healing is anywhere near RP or WP and the stats prove it. Small scale sc's or large scale cities.

Show us the stats!
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

havartii

Post#7 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:08 pm

Look at any sc or city. Are we even playing the same game?

havartii

Post#8 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:20 pm

Caduceus wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:54 pm

Merging the tactics would give the class a much needed group heal as it lacks any group hot that all other healers get.

All that would do is make AM more like the other healers, and it doesn't need to be. It is useful by itself, because it brings a lot of unique features to the table which players overlook when they classify AM as the worst healer.

No the mechanic is totally different, it is not a HoT , a lot of unique features? Let's hear the list, seem you are the only one allowed to generalize here. And stick to healing, this is the topic we are debating.

The only thing that makes this class competitive at all depends on another class to buff you and you need to be in sync to always get the benefit, this take serious coordination.

I disagree that only Vaul spec is competitive. Perhaps if the only metric of competitiveness is healing numbers on a scoreboard, but that would be a gross oversimplification.

Healing numbers are direct proof that they can't compete with other healers at healing. (we are taking bout healing right?)

I don't think healing is anywhere near RP or WP and the stats prove it. Small scale sc's or large scale cities.

Show us the stats!

Ads
emiliorv
Suspended

Post#9 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:26 am

Skilled players in organized setup perform well with am (and shaman) and outheal other supossed better healers.

Average players in disorganized setup perform really bad.

Im not against Buff am (and shaman) but situation A will go Wild...

detrap

Post#10 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:33 am

havartii wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:08 pm Look at any sc or city. Are we even playing the same game?
Am and shammy very easily top city heals, their healing seems ok.
Knight 8x - IB 8x - SM 8x / Chosen 3x - BO 4x - BG 5x