Recent Topics

Ads

3 simple changes that would make Heal Archmage from Good to Great

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
havartii

Re: 3 simple changes that would make Heal Archmage from Good to Great

Post#11 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:02 am

I would agree a good AM/Shaman can out heal a bad WP/Dok in an organized setting. Two equally skilled players WP/ DoK still come out on top. I don't think the proposed changes are over the top. I would be more afraid of messing with the mechanic. What is being proposed will still have values that can be adjusted and will not affect the dps builds.
Order: 70 AM / 76 RP/ 72 Knight/ 58 WH
Destro: 82 Sham / 79 Zealot/ 70 DoK /70 Magus /68 Mara
Many alts on both sides now ruined by new currency change

Ads
shoelessHN

Post#12 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:58 am

#1 - just make Isha's Encouragement and Green Cleanin' part of the base ability, scale the heal heavily off willpower so DPS AM/Sham don't see much benefit.

#2 - would make both way more useful and would even AM vs Sham in a head to head.

#3 - not sure this is needed as EoV and FotG already heal for a lot if you know what you're doing.

Any AM/Sham topping heals in city right now would easily do so playing an equally geared WP/Dok.

detrap

Post#13 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:00 am

havartii wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:02 am I would agree a good AM/Shaman can out heal a bad WP/Dok in an organized setting. Two equally skilled players WP/ DoK still come out on top. I don't think the proposed changes are over the top. I would be more afraid of messing with the mechanic. What is being proposed will still have values that can be adjusted and will not affect the dps builds.

AM/Shaman can easily out heal BiS dok/wp even if they are equally geared and skilled. Fury of Da Green and EoV spam with no cd
Knight 8x - IB 8x - SM 8x / Chosen 3x - BO 4x - BG 5x

havartii

Post#14 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:15 am

detrap wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:00 am
havartii wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:02 am I would agree a good AM/Shaman can out heal a bad WP/Dok in an organized setting. Two equally skilled players WP/ DoK still come out on top. I don't think the proposed changes are over the top. I would be more afraid of messing with the mechanic. What is being proposed will still have values that can be adjusted and will not affect the dps builds.

AM/Shaman can easily out heal BiS dok/wp even if they are equally geared and skilled. Fury of Da Green and EoV spam with no cd
What happens when you don't have a dedicated tanks to spam the buff for you, even though they have other responsibilities? I mean if all the stars align perfectly, sure. I would never ask for anything again. Can we just get a bot to spam it for us so we can compete with other healers?? pretty please . :ugeek:

Ysaran

Post#15 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:08 am

Althought i made the very same proposal just some month ago, now i don't think it is necessary. I see ppl complaining that AM need too many contingency in order to be on par with RP/WP and that AM lack the group sustained heal that WP/RP can grat through ritual/AoE-HoT, but I think these are not a problems. You would never ask to give Inevitable Doom to a WH because it lack sustained AoE damage, same goes for AM AoE healing.
AM has it's own well defined role. AM role can't be covered by RP/WP and vice versa. If you want to do the job of RP/WP then roll one
Zputadenti

Caduceus

Post#16 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:35 am

I'll repeat; AM does not need to be on the same level of healing as WP/RP, because AM brings a diverse toolkit that these other classes do not.
As an AM, it is your job to make the most of these tools, and you will easily earn you spot in any competitive warband. If you look at the effectiveness of your class one-dimensionally; healing numbers on scoreboards, you're missing most of what makes AM great.
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

M0rw47h

Post#17 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:52 am

Actualy "skilled" WP / DoK won't spam MB/KR on CD to artificaly increase their healing for sake of leaderboards while "reducing" healing of other healers, as it has "long" 13s CD.
Because while it will cause you to heal for more compared to other healers, you won't have it avalible when actual AoE sync happens, and on top of that it causes you to be out of position.

Kloaner

Post#18 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:16 am

big Buff for AM & Shaman? change RoL & MRoA, so that it no longer counts as a direct Heal.

And because of all the people here who telling us that AM is the best in City. There is only 1 competitive mode in this Game, just ask yourself what do you think when you see that your Team has 2 AM compared when it has 2RP/WP.
AM / RP / Shaman / Zealot / WP / DoK

Ads
detrap

Post#19 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:20 am

havartii wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:15 am
detrap wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:00 am

What happens when you don't have a dedicated tanks to spam the buff for you, even though they have other responsibilities? I mean if all the stars align perfectly, sure. I would never ask for anything again. Can we just get a bot to spam it for us so we can compete with other healers?? pretty please . :ugeek:
It's a team game that rewards good group composition efficiency, so why buff a classes' heals then they will be op with the tools they already have? What stars do you need aligned? All you need is a SM for order, and easy bot like abilities with the black orc or choppa for destro.
Knight 8x - IB 8x - SM 8x / Chosen 3x - BO 4x - BG 5x

havartii

Post#20 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:33 am

Kloaner wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:16 am big Buff for AM & Shaman? change RoL & MRoA, so that it no longer counts as a direct Heal.

And because of all the people here who telling us that AM is the best in City. There is only 1 competitive mode in this Game, just ask yourself what do you think when you see that your Team has 2 AM compared when it has 2RP/WP.
100% this, Im done trying to defend this class . I will just play my DoK and WP just like everyone else who want's to be competitive. Just nerf shaman more for all I care.