Recent Topics

Ads

Give a portal when a city siege available

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
ByzantineTime
Suspended

Give a portal when a city siege available

Post#1 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:04 pm

Remove the unnecessary walk to the enemies' gates, because you get ganked and you only have a 30 minute window to queue.

Make a queueing portal inside the main cities, instead.

Thanks.

Ads
Bowldancer

Re: Give a portal when a city siege available

Post#2 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:19 pm

It is obviously a matter of taste but personally I think this is a PvP game and we should not remove even more potential for this to happen in the open world.
I am already not a fan of the war report. People exploit it to port away when hunted or avoid dangerous routes.
Grimmsch Grimnirsson (2H Giantslayer, 40/85)
Spoiler:
40+: 2H-CHOPPA, AM, RP, WP, SM, IB, KotBS, WL, WH, BW, ENG, SW
Alts in T4: SHA, SH, BO, BG, CHO, MAR, WE

Goryak

Post#3 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 3:15 pm

As if camping a portal and hitting people that are on Loading Screen could be considered PvP. :roll:
NUMBER 1 SHR :shock: O :shock: O :shock: O :shock: O :shock:O :shock: O :shock: MIES CONSUMER!!!
RESPONSIBLY

Bowldancer

Post#4 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 3:20 pm

Goryak wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 3:15 pm As if camping a portal and hitting people that are on Loading Screen could be considered PvP. :roll:
Often enough it leads to situations where people gather to help someone or to protect each other.
There is tension on the way there.
We have probably a different perspective on the game.
Grimmsch Grimnirsson (2H Giantslayer, 40/85)
Spoiler:
40+: 2H-CHOPPA, AM, RP, WP, SM, IB, KotBS, WL, WH, BW, ENG, SW
Alts in T4: SHA, SH, BO, BG, CHO, MAR, WE

TreefAM

Post#5 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 3:34 pm

I guess some people were victims of our little portal camping for the previous few Altdorf defenses )

Goryak

Post#6 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 3:40 pm

And before that happens, it's just farming players in Loading Screen.
A rank 1 NPC in Norsca does more than a player in Loading Screen.

Camping portal is neither PvP nor PvE.

My perspective of the game is that when I play PvP I expect the other player to also play instead of just being still...
NUMBER 1 SHR :shock: O :shock: O :shock: O :shock: O :shock:O :shock: O :shock: MIES CONSUMER!!!
RESPONSIBLY

TreefAM

Post#7 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 3:43 pm

I don't consider zerging down zones with 100more people pvp, so each to their own.
You also farm people on loading screen in the dwarf/greenskin pairing when they use tunnels
All is allowed, it's not like you're getting camped for 30min and missing the city que anyhow lol

nebelwerfer

Post#8 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:25 pm

Bowldancer wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 3:20 pm
Goryak wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 3:15 pm As if camping a portal and hitting people that are on Loading Screen could be considered PvP. :roll:
Often enough it leads to situations where people gather to help someone or to protect each other.
There is tension on the way there.
We have probably a different perspective on the game.
My experience is that this never hppens and people get ganked by themselves on the way to fort / city. it's a god damn awful thing because peopple are on the clock.

I have lost my spot in forts and even cities because of gankers. It's anti fun and you should not let this be a part of the games PVP experience.

Enable the already present Rally flags to fort by endzone warcamp and maybe do something for the city too.

Otherwise, I support your notion to open up the world for pvp, i think in those cases it'll do more harm than good.

Ads
TreefAM

Post#9 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:39 pm

nebelwerfer wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:25 pm I have lost my spot in forts and even cities because of gankers. It's anti fun and you should not let this be a part of the games PVP experience.
Stop leeching and join something organized and you won't have this problem.
And as for cities, how do you lose a "spot" for cities when you get ganked on the way to the portal.
I can imagine this is only the problem of solo quers that try to que for city when it's less than 5min left in the que.

Jinxypie

Post#10 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:41 am

Cons of playing solo. Join party and you dont even have to be there. Or move in time with cluster.
DoK RR80+, Chosen RR80+, Choppa RR70+, SH RR75+ WP RR65+