Recent Topics

Ads

Sham/Am New mechanic is out !

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Tsuna92

Re: Sham/Am New mechanic is out !

Post#11 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:28 pm

MedV wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:41 pm
This will help with the 2 biggest problems this class faces, Survivability and Heal output.
I hope you are joking :). Survivability of shaman Lolilol.
Tsuburn RR81 BW

Ads
duvalx

Post#12 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:57 pm

havartii wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:53 pm Look an OP WP thinks shaman needs a nerf hahahahaha
love it when i see this ... destro is easy mode... and shammy is close my eyes one hand behind my back easy mode... stupidly OP class that needs a mega whack with the nerf bat ..
given up trying to play the good guys!

Jinxypie

Post#13 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:18 pm

duvalx wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:57 pm
havartii wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:53 pm Look an OP WP thinks shaman needs a nerf hahahahaha
love it when i see this ... destro is easy mode... and shammy is close my eyes one hand behind my back easy mode... stupidly OP class that needs a mega whack with the nerf bat ..
Best healing class in game asking to nerf underdog🤣
Where did the shammy touched you?
DoK RR80+, Chosen RR80+, Choppa RR70+, SH RR75+ WP RR65+

AxelF

Post#14 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:42 pm

I'm a fairly new convert to the Sham, having played the other two archetypes of healers on both sides to rr ranging from mid 60s to low 80s. I find the mechanic to be far and away the most engaging, challenging and enjoyable. If you're playing them 'right' the current mechanic works great. If the mechanic isn't working for you, there's a brilliant recent guide to explain exactly what you should be doing. If you're standing still and spamming your 2.5 second group heal then wondering why you're getting focussed, you're doing it wrong.

Ysaran

Post#15 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:11 am

duvalx wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:57 pm
are you kidding right? i mean WP is soo easy that evene a blind mokey could play. Shaman/AM require a lot more skill. you can play WP using only 6 buttons, it's just ridiculous
Zputadenti

Nekkma

Post#16 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:16 am

Bad proposal.

And regarding following discussion. Fixing AM/Shaman partly means to adjust the other healers as well. Early in this server we had the right direction and dok/wp was correctly adjusted to be less effective but this seems to sadly have vanished with all changes and new gear.
Nekkma / Hjortron
Zatakk
Smultron

GROTRUK

Post#17 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:02 am

MedV wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:41 pm This is by far the best mechanic change which will utilize the code already used and for Gork Mork stacks.

Getting hit builds stacks of X
Using both heal and dps abilities you gain stacks of Y

Every stack of X increases your armor and resists by a small amount. Stackable with other abilities/morales/pots

Every stack of Y increases both WP/Int by a small amount.

This will make it so if you focus the healer he will heal less but be more tanky. If you let the healer free cast he will heal for more. Lots of new metas can open up for example letting one dps hit you until you are 5 def stacks and can heal slowly. Or you can hide and try to free cast. Hybrid will be more potent as Y stacks will increase both WP and Int.

This will help with the 2 biggest problems this class faces, Survivability and Heal output.

Any addition thoughts.
Hello, no

VindicoAtrum

Post#18 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:30 am

duvalx wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:14 pm
MedV wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:41 pm This is by far the best mechanic change which will utilize the code already used and for Gork Mork stacks.

Every stack of X increases your armor and resists by a small amount. Stackable with other abilities/morales/pots

This will make it so if you focus the healer he will heal less but be more tanky. If you let the healer free cast he will heal for more. Lots of new metas can open up for example letting one dps hit you until you are 5 def stacks and can heal slowly. Or you can hide and try to free cast. Hybrid will be more potent as Y stacks will increase both WP and Int.

Any addition thoughts.
what f**king planet are you on! lol shammys need a nerf not a buff
What planet are you on? Shaman/AM are:

1. The worst healers in terms of heal and protection raw output
2. The least defensive healers
3. The least desirable healers for endgame content

You need to stop confusing their ability to have different specs as some requirement for a nerf. DoKs/WPs are the best healers by a clean mile but also have dps gear/specs, medium armor, and more defensive tools. Shaman/AM group healing is dire. You must have a cooldown reduction in your party, ideally two, or you will do half the healing of a DoK/WP, and maybe 75% of a Zeal/RP.

I, an rr80+ shaman, regret rolling a shaman to heal with, they're so poor at it relative to dok/zeal and for no reason whatsoever. It's disheartening to try your hardest with the best gear possible and still get outhealed by hundreds of thousands. They straight up need some of the heal numbers increasing.

Ads
Ysaran

Post#19 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:18 am

VindicoAtrum wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:30 am
duvalx wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:14 pm

Any addition thoughts.
what f**king planet are you on! lol shammys need a nerf not a buff
What planet are you on? Shaman/AM are:

1. The worst healers in terms of heal and protection raw output
2. The least defensive healers
3. The least desirable healers for endgame content

You need to stop confusing their ability to have different specs as some requirement for a nerf. DoKs/WPs are the best healers by a clean mile but also have dps gear/specs, medium armor, and more defensive tools. Shaman/AM group healing is dire. You must have a cooldown reduction in your party, ideally two, or you will do half the healing of a DoK/WP, and maybe 75% of a Zeal/RP.

I, an rr80+ shaman, regret rolling a shaman to heal with, they're so poor at it relative to dok/zeal and for no reason whatsoever. It's disheartening to try your hardest with the best gear possible and still get outhealed by hundreds of thousands. They straight up need some of the heal numbers increasing.
you are damn right, actually the class that need a nerf is WP/DoK
Zputadenti

gke96

Post#20 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:19 pm

This is the worst suggestion I have seen in a while. Isn't that just passive?
HORSEWHISPERER - PHALANX
CHOPPPA - PHALANX
COLDONE - PHALANX
SUNWHISPERER - ZERG
DOGWHISPERER - ZERG
BEARD - ZERG