Recent Topics

Ads

Sham/Am New mechanic is out !

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
MedV

Sham/Am New mechanic is out !

Post#1 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:41 pm

This is by far the best mechanic change which will utilize the code already used and for Gork Mork stacks.

Getting hit builds stacks of X
Using both heal and dps abilities you gain stacks of Y

Every stack of X increases your armor and resists by a small amount. Stackable with other abilities/morales/pots

Every stack of Y increases both WP/Int by a small amount.

This will make it so if you focus the healer he will heal less but be more tanky. If you let the healer free cast he will heal for more. Lots of new metas can open up for example letting one dps hit you until you are 5 def stacks and can heal slowly. Or you can hide and try to free cast. Hybrid will be more potent as Y stacks will increase both WP and Int.

This will help with the 2 biggest problems this class faces, Survivability and Heal output.

Any addition thoughts.
The King.

Ads
Zizzelfizz

Re: Sham/Am New mechanic is out !

Post#2 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:02 pm

if it were up to me there would be no DPS healers, either I heal or I play something else

Likeaboss

Post#3 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:55 pm

MedV wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:41 pm This will make it so if you focus the healer he will heal less but be more tanky.

This will help with the 2 biggest problems this class faces, Survivability and Heal output.
Are you serious? Finally shaman get some surviveability :D
wargrimnir wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:50 pm Accidental solo-friendly content doesn't stay that way for very long.

Ysaran

Post#4 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:13 pm

honestly a don't see any issues with survivability or healing output on niether AM or Shamy.
What AM lack is party utility (like AP regen or something like that) and RELIABLE AoE pressure (like AoE Hot or something like that).
The first problem surely need a brand new buff, but the second would be solved simply be having better offensive switcher (skills that makes you go from force to tranquillity, i.e. Balance Essence and Transfer force are waste of AP+gcd).

In conclusion: i don't like your proposal
Zputadenti

duvalx

Post#5 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:14 pm

MedV wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:41 pm This is by far the best mechanic change which will utilize the code already used and for Gork Mork stacks.

Every stack of X increases your armor and resists by a small amount. Stackable with other abilities/morales/pots

This will make it so if you focus the healer he will heal less but be more tanky. If you let the healer free cast he will heal for more. Lots of new metas can open up for example letting one dps hit you until you are 5 def stacks and can heal slowly. Or you can hide and try to free cast. Hybrid will be more potent as Y stacks will increase both WP and Int.

Any addition thoughts.
what f**king planet are you on! lol shammys need a nerf not a buff
given up trying to play the good guys!

havartii

Post#6 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:53 pm

Look an OP WP thinks shaman needs a nerf hahahahaha
Order: 70 AM / 76 RP/ 72 Knight/ 58 WH
Destro: 82 Sham / 79 Zealot/ 70 DoK /70 Magus /68 Mara
Many alts on both sides now ruined by new currency change

havartii

Post#7 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:55 pm

I do not like the proposal, AM/Shammy just need a grp HoT to compete with the other healers.. that's it. But mark my words they will probably gut the classes and over think it.

Kloaner

Post#8 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:20 pm

havartii wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:55 pm I do not like the proposal, AM/Shammy just need a grp HoT to compete with the other healers.. that's it. But mark my words they will probably gut the classes and over think it.
not sure if I understand you correct, but why should I pick a AM because he has now a Grp HoT, while the RP has tons of useful Buff's for his Party and the WP is so simple that even a Braindead Id... produces big numbers?
AM / RP / Shaman / Zealot / WP / DoK

Ads
NSKaneda

Post#9 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:37 pm

MedV wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:41 pm This is by far the best mechanic change which will utilize the code already used and for Gork Mork stacks.

Any addition thoughts.

This is basically trying to re-create WP/DoK mechanic and close range playstyle on most squishy healer out there. While I see your point: I'd have toughness/resists increase to go along with skills and already existing tactics - armour is too unreliable outside of pve to be trusted with survival - worse case scenario it would force SHM/AMs to close range to get defensive buff and keep on healing with Y stack maxed out. I don't see the means to swap X to Y and what would that benefit? Best case scenario: SHM/AMs become unkillable with defence buff (working against ranged too if I understand correctly) + absorb bubbles + desperate heal crits. Best case scenario for them only.

All in all I wouldn't like to see this proposed change implemented: result would be streamlining class mechanic into staying in one mode instead of weaving them (as these classes were designed to). Pure heal / pure dps builds would reign supreme while heal output without cast-time reduction would be lowered instead of predicted increase.

Survivability of the class (as skills, morales and tactics suggest) lies in buffing oneself and debuffing others to even out the odds, not tanking at the front line. Sure, absorb bubble AM can do decent in such position and with proposed change would have potential of alternating with WP in that role... But the game already has one front line healer type.

I'm not sold on the proposed change as you can tell :geek:
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

havartii

Post#10 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:12 pm

Kloaner wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:20 pm
havartii wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:55 pm I do not like the proposal, AM/Shammy just need a grp HoT to compete with the other healers.. that's it. But mark my words they will probably gut the classes and over think it.
not sure if I understand you correct, but why should I pick a AM because he has now a Grp HoT, while the RP has tons of useful Buff's for his Party and the WP is so simple that even a Braindead Id... produces big numbers?
AM/Shaman still have the only insta rez and moral pump. Their numbers suffer because all other healers have at least 1 some have 2 group HoT (heal over time) The puddle is unique to the AM/shammy as well and is very good in choke points. You are not wrong the other healer have much better group utility and take much less effort. Some of us like a challenge :P