Recent Topics

Ads

[Sorc/BW] Sorc single target >> BW single target

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
sighy

Re: [Sorc/BW] Sorc single target >> BW single target

Post#41 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:24 pm

Okay so since we are comparing Sorc and BW:

Sorc has literally no good m4
Sorc has literally no good 13 point mastery ability(situational weaving of initial SK tick does not count as good ability)
Sorc has literally no good 5 point mastery ability
Sorc Can't cleanse itself or have ranged KD
Sorc is guaranteed to take backlash from Gloomburst, in timestamp spec
Sorc can't ignore disrupt with a tactic

I think I've made my point by now. BW has always been the more desirable warband class and frankly, as others said if any aspect of both these classes needs to be touched up it's the sorc aoe spec. (There is the elephant in the room of other classes doing comparable damage at nowhere near the risk of Sorc/BW, but that is something for another thread)

Ads
palindrom

Post#42 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:20 pm

emiliorv wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:33 am
balvor877 wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 3:31 pm - Stop, drop, roll: instant ELEMENTAL damage with 3s knock down, 20s cooldown (NO sorc mirror)

What they can use is Stop, drop, roll but it is ELEMENTAL and on a 20s cooldown
Another FUN FACT => how you totally underrate the 3 secs RKD//100 ft range// INSTA CAST

But, SOMEHOW, you feel that the sh RKD was totally OP and " has to go" (lets remember that sh RKD is 65 ft and 1 sec cast):

viewtopic.php?t=43222

And the ranged heal debuff?? where is the BW heal debuff in your "balance proposal"??

What a fcking joke...
Jeebuz Crisp, you made my day :lol:
Shaqattak - Marauder

Likeaboss

Post#43 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:26 pm

balvor877 wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:03 am With SH I knock the BW down, then silence him and before he can do anything he is dead.
diggin your grave even deeper :roll:

I play more Order lately, but damn, even i can't take you serious writing stuff like that...

FUN FACT: SH is so OP he can Knockdown and Silence without immunity :lol:
wargrimnir wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:50 pm Accidental solo-friendly content doesn't stay that way for very long.

wonshot

Post#44 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:12 pm

emiliorv wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:54 am Im still waiting to him post his build...sure he will need some time to check in forum or ask to Zarbix (his balance hero) for a BW build, since he has 0 clue about BW...
Just because its rare there are any BW related topics these days :D :
https://imgur.com/a/lshofNq

So the core of the singletarget build is the same. But you then pick if you want to give up Fireball Barrage to get the ranged knockdown basicly. Both rr70 builds can get the healdebuff eventhough at times I dont even want to pick it up when pugging scenarios simply because if it gets disrupted im getting no value out of one mastery point so i slap the extra point in incinderation for the increased damage on Sear, Nova, Flames of ruines procs, FBB ticks, PS/fireball.

The issue I have with Stop,Drop and Roll (Ranged knockdown) is that it consumes your Ignite dot. Leaving your real debuffs more exposed to getting clensed, and if you have Ignition tactic then the ignite debuff is your resist debuff. consuming this lets you unload your damage unmitigated and most likely facing the 40% resistance mitigation. You can cheese this by playing two BWs and you use eachother's Ignite and then you dont consume it on StopDropAndRoll (unintented and i made a bugreport on it)

Giving up Fireball barrage, which is a hard hitting elemental first tick of the channel, is a big portion of the followup instant burst you can follow after the timestamp and it helps the Singletarget BW to dish out more damage near the timestamping second with followup. It might not meet the total DPS on the sorc timestamping second but following it up afterwards is just a little bit of a different way of doing the same. FBB also gives you the flexability to dish out some area damage, preventing flagcaptures or cleaving from medium distance.

When it comes to party play, and if you have someone else debuffing for you, BW timestamping with a knight resist debuffing both corp + elemental your damage is just fine.Yes a sorc being able to resist their entire timestamp alone makes for better pugkiller, so I am really not too emotional invested into if Sear was turned into Corp instead of elemental damage type.

There might be some misinformation in my post too, just like the original poster missed a few abilities and whatever. The point of the post is still a valid forum question though, should Sear be corp or stay elemental.
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#45 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:08 pm

wonshot wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:12 pm
emiliorv wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:54 am Im still waiting to him post his build...sure he will need some time to check in forum or ask to Zarbix (his balance hero) for a BW build, since he has 0 clue about BW...
There might be some misinformation in my post too, just like the original poster missed a few abilities and whatever. The point of the post is still a valid forum question though, should Sear be corp or stay elemental.
How much dmg you lose in the full rotation because Sear is elemental dmg and not corporeal??
how much dmg you get from funnel power (corporeal dmg self debuffed) when timestamping a full rotation? (curious that OP didnt say anything about FP...probably he miss it from character builder)
how much dmg you get from flashfire procs wich means a feecast fireball??

If the dmg type is really a problem, why not use pyroclastic surge (instead of sear) which is corp dmg?

teiloh

Post#46 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:15 pm

emiliorv wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:33 am Another FUN FACT => how you totally underrate the 3 secs RKD//100 ft range// INSTA CAST
Because so many people spec for SDnR
emiliorv wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:08 pm
If the dmg type is really a problem, why not use pyroclastic surge (instead of sear) which is corp dmg?
???

Pyro/Arctic don't take the place of Sear/Gloomburst in rotation