Recent Topics

Ads

[Submit your idea] - New scenarios & mechanics

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
navis

Re: [Submit your idea] - New scenarios & mechanics

Post#41 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:11 am

Castle Fragendorf. This scenario mechanics revolves around players spawning below and rushing the castle in order to capture the item which is on the top floor, possibly guarded or warded. (takes roughly 10 seconds uninterrupted to grab. Once players pick up the stein/orb they must carry the object from the top of the keep to a drop off zone below, likely in a house which is for your realm.

Probably a similar scenario comparison would be Twisting Tower except it would be carried from one floor to another. Another comparison to Stone Troll Crossing. Stone Troll has one spawn and three drop-off spots but this has One spawn point and one delivery per realm.

Because the castle is vertical in nature it makes it simple to jump off the top when carrying the orb, while being chased by the other realm.

If that player is killed then the item is destroyed and it will respawn at the top of the castle.

The main problem I see is that it would be nice if the castle bridge was on both sides so it was more symmetrical, then spawns could be on either side..
Or perhaps the towers would be the player spawn point and the houses delivery points?? Hard to tell that much from the pictures...

edit:
had a better idea for spawning - players arrive on opposite sides of the ramparts via some kind of 'tossing' mechanic (like from a catapult). They will land on the sides or on the towers, and maybe casters can port to the towers similar to College of Corruption? Could have multiple ingress methods such as these.
thanks!
Last edited by navis on Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ads
Stophy22

Post#42 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:32 am

I like the idea of castle fraggendorf being a place where 24 v 24 can scrim and test. Like a guild v guild thing. Maybe we can finally introduce tyrant armor through some weird guild v guild currency, kinda like how triumph is through ranked 6's and then guilds can get rankings based on MMR

I think I like most of what people have said in the thread but if fraggendorf isn't "city-lite" then you could make it so there is attackers and defenders of the castle.

-Attackers start on the opposite side of the bridge from the castle
-Defenders start inside the castle

Ultimately you battle for control of the castle, but the castle is not so easily breached. You must control BO's to open the door to the castle, So attackers are scrambling to get control of the BO's to open the castle and Defenders are scrambling to defend these points of interest. Once the castle is open you can rush inside to kill a champion, while your own champion marches across the bridge to the castle to combat him (much like stage 2 of city)

or you can do away with the confusing stuff and just do the payload idea bombling suggested, that wasn't a bad suggestion.

Or add a strategy aspect of it and just make it so there are BO's scattered through the castles courtyard, a considerable distance from each other, so you can't zerg your way around and its about controlling the battlefield to reach a certain maximum point to win (normal SC's have 500, but people might opt for 750, or 1000, or whatever) Once maximum points are achieved game over. Like a giant fuggin nordenwatch 24v24 scenario. You can asign different point values to the BO's like maybe "castle fragendorf" gives you 100 points but it only ticks for 5 points every 30 seconds, but maybe the "tower of fragendorf" gives 20points but ticks for 50 every 60 seconds. Making leaders strategize about which BO's are important to prioritize and which BO's should be taken at what times. Players might try to hold the fast ticking BO's until they get to 800/1000 points then try to rush the castle for a decisive victory.

Who knows just throwing stuff out there.

Edit: Unpopular opinion but maybe you could make it an SC that actually is based on a "team death match" so winner is whoever gets the most kills, weird we don't have many things like that in the game.
[2 Weeks]/[Definitely Not Heretics]
Kuro Mara R8x
Bunji DoK R6x
Kurodon BG R8x
Curo Whitelion R8x
Scryptmar WP R6x
Aiero Swordwizard R5x

gorobelly

Post#43 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:25 am

make the arena an 6 vs 6 vs 6 vs 6 whree order can atack order and destro can atack destro

@cannonfoder1 idear is also great

space44

Post#44 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:07 pm

Castle Fraggendorf is a T4 24 v 24 battleground that has 1 main gate, 1 inner gate "central castle", and a relic that has to be destroyed in the castle. The fort has turrets which can me manned by players to defend the gate. The attackers starts off with a siege camp and are provided with 3 cannons, 1 ram, and 10 bombs to take down the outer door, the siege equipment will always respawn with a timer. The defenders will have 3 cannons (+ 3 with workshop) guards which is just fluff (barracks) and ridable griffons which you can drop bombs from bellow (stables).
There are key objectives for the attackers to take and lock to further strengthen their assault (siege workshop, barracks, and stables). The attackers need to take 3 objectives. guards will no longer spawn and spawn location updates (barracks), attacker siege weapons will update their spawn point (workshop), defenders wont be able to fly (stables).

In the castle there's multiple rooms the attackers will have to push up to, the very top room hold the relic the attacker needs to break.

there are 2 rounds so both sides get to defend and attack
Chosen: Roten Plaguelord rr86 | Knight of the Blazing Sun: Lyntyz Jesterknight rr63

I'm not a clown, I'm the whole circus.

kam080

Post#45 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:43 am

Let the dungeon monster be the third force. Or forth force. Both sides have their second force.

Kill monsters to get points kill enemy get half points.

Both Destory and order killed their second force get buff, killed other side monsters get the being killed side debuff
I'm Sunrays a KOTBS

Kyraith

Post#46 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:13 am

Pyramid of Setta:

This one interests me because it seems to built for when they might have been playing with the idea of adding a 3rd faction.

One possibility here is to make it a brutal game of “run the football” such as Talabac, but head on.
Spoiler:
Teams would spawn in 2 of the sand areas above the small rooms. All 3 small circular rooms have the potential of spawning a powder keg type mechanic, though only one can spawn at a time.

Depending on where the powder keg object spawns is where it needs to be turned in. It always has to be turned on at the top of the stairs of the room directly across the central chamber.

When a team scores, the powder keg can not spawn in the chamber under their spawn point until the other team scores (or perhaps it just does not spawn in the wining teams chamber)
Another option is something more akin to old Logrims Forge meets Reikland Factory
Spoiler:
Teams still spawn in the sand traps. There is a flag in the central chamber that scores points over time. At the top of the stairs in each of the three rectangular chambers is a relic you can capture. They do not score points (or at least not much) but if you hold all three, everyone in the central chamber is killed. That way the central chamber is easy to hold, but you need to hold more than just the chamber to keep from getting killed.
Or maybe just ignore one third of the map and make it a tug of war like gromgil
Spoiler:
Once again, players spawn in the sand traps. At the start of the game the middle chamber is available for capture. Once a team captures the middle area, a flag in the rectangle room closest to their opponents spawn becomes available for capture. Likely this is just a 3 flag tug of war, but you could make it 5 flags by putting another one in each of the hallways leading from the two rectangle rooms to the small spawn areas (or even just put it in the small round room at the base of the spawn area)
Kiyon - RR 81 Swordmaster of Hoeth

meatcpu

Post#47 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:43 pm

Battle royale.

Perhaps the duel system could be leveraged by sending a duel invite to everyone in the location at the same time. Fights last X time and and an event piece is given at the beginning of each fight that decays in that time frame. This piece is a required piece for 2 piece jewelry sets specifically for battle royale so each class can have wild changes during this playmode. currency can be issued for these royale only pieces. The event slot item triggers quitter when equipped and activates chicken in any RvR zone to prevent any abuse of the alternative mechanics. Maybe do this in the dueling Gardens first and have these fights occur a few times a day. Potions and such can be bought with royale currency. Maybe some pieces are BoE.

vindicuss

Post#48 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:10 am

Yeah, a Battle Royale could be fun.

Ads
space44

Post#49 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:27 am

battle royal = bad
Chosen: Roten Plaguelord rr86 | Knight of the Blazing Sun: Lyntyz Jesterknight rr63

I'm not a clown, I'm the whole circus.

meatcpu

Post#50 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:09 pm

space44 wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:27 am battle royal = bad
Anything to keep the game fresh is probably good. But I admit there are some challenges. I think without some major tweaks only a few classes would shine and those tweaks could break other styles of play. Hence the need for a way to only apply those changes in that mode of gameplay. I think it would be fun to watch classes evolve in new ways and having a brand new way of progressing using existing game features.