Recent Topics

Ads

[Submit your idea] - New scenarios & mechanics

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
FixitFastah

Re: [Submit your idea] - New scenarios & mechanics

Post#51 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:23 pm

Oi gitz!

I haz been away for a while...(about 6 months) anyway... stumbled on this topic.
As a vocal gobbo I have talked about this for a long time. From maps sizes to new mechanics. The old world has changed a bit since reckoning and some thing have not changed at all. This creates complications. But not one we can solve with some simple tweaks and creaks.

As some maps are based for more servers and lower tiers(no mount) they represent about 10% of the map. Way too small for 300 gitz trying to murder each other. Look for instance to troll country rvr zone. This can be enlarged easily. ( you can even add a new mechanic, for taking over pieces of a zone)
The lower tier problem only gets real cause of the distance, mostly due the fact lower players had no mount. So the objectives are placed closer to each other.
Another thingie that annoys this gobbo in da new world is keep switch. Yes it changes the map, but it's lazy and only creates unfair zones, those warcamps were placed just right to create bottlenecks and fun places to fight. This solution not only makes it unfair but creates maps devoid of people.(Think about Badlands zone)

I suggest a few mechanics we were never able to put in. It makes maps more unique and replayable.
- The first change is something like the goblin/dwarf scrapper to get to lotd. Players gather scrap/supplies from fallen enemies. These supplies must be carried to the warcamp. And when a side have enough, it can creates an siege engine.
- The second would be a must to have more siege engines and tactics for both the besieged and attackers.
For attackers:
- Ladders or ropes (cheap, easily breakable, one player only, maybe not all classes)
- Siege towers (expensive, though, loads of gitz)
- Tunnels (expensive, takes a long time, new small instanced maps beneath the zone)
For defenders:
- Every supply is a respawn inside the keep
- Extra, better guards,doors, boss upgrades
- Tunnels (to counter and bring in supplies)

I did not specify who will be attacker and who will be defender. There should be a maximum of supplies for a zone. Players have to make a decision. But who chooses what we will build? The solution is bring back Realm Captains, guild selected members that had their own channel on their side.(yes, the rvr channel) The number of those captains is based on how high the guild lvl is.
And this is just a start...

Ads
Koryu199X

Post#52 » Sat May 15, 2021 7:21 am

Siege ladders is a mechanic I would like to suggest, this way keeps that are a stalemate could be changed up. Please feel free to read my other posts about the topic of sieges.

Vri

Post#53 » Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:08 am

If we could hire a giant and order could purchase Griffins at some point in a Siege. The giant would be rather dumb as in lore and it would not who it killed. Just let them roam the RvR lakes and or an SC. I do enjoy the random aspect of WHF tabletop BUT a vast amount might not.
Last edited by Vri on Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Whyumadbro

Post#54 » Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:31 am

FixitFastah wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:23 pm Oi gitz!

I haz been away for a while...(about 6 months) anyway... stumbled on this topic.
As a vocal gobbo I have talked about this for a long time. From maps sizes to new mechanics. The old world has changed a bit since reckoning and some thing have not changed at all. This creates complications. But not one we can solve with some simple tweaks and creaks.

As some maps are based for more servers and lower tiers(no mount) they represent about 10% of the map. Way too small for 300 gitz trying to murder each other. Look for instance to troll country rvr zone. This can be enlarged easily. ( you can even add a new mechanic, for taking over pieces of a zone)
The lower tier problem only gets real cause of the distance, mostly due the fact lower players had no mount. So the objectives are placed closer to each other.
Another thingie that annoys this gobbo in da new world is keep switch. Yes it changes the map, but it's lazy and only creates unfair zones, those warcamps were placed just right to create bottlenecks and fun places to fight. This solution not only makes it unfair but creates maps devoid of people.(Think about Badlands zone)

I suggest a few mechanics we were never able to put in. It makes maps more unique and replayable.
- The first change is something like the goblin/dwarf scrapper to get to lotd. Players gather scrap/supplies from fallen enemies. These supplies must be carried to the warcamp. And when a side have enough, it can creates an siege engine.
- The second would be a must to have more siege engines and tactics for both the besieged and attackers.
For attackers:
- Ladders or ropes (cheap, easily breakable, one player only, maybe not all classes)
- Siege towers (expensive, though, loads of gitz)
- Tunnels (expensive, takes a long time, new small instanced maps beneath the zone)
For defenders:
- Every supply is a respawn inside the keep
- Extra, better guards,doors, boss upgrades
- Tunnels (to counter and bring in supplies)

I did not specify who will be attacker and who will be defender. There should be a maximum of supplies for a zone. Players have to make a decision. But who chooses what we will build? The solution is bring back Realm Captains, guild selected members that had their own channel on their side.(yes, the rvr channel) The number of those captains is based on how high the guild lvl is.
And this is just a start...

love the ladder /ropes idea, i feel only melee classes should be able to use them

dalen
Developer

Post#55 » Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:33 am

While new siege mechanics would be nice, this thread is about scenario mechanics for new scenarios.
Source Developer

Omegus

Post#56 » Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:51 pm

Battle Royale for fort Fragendorf. Queue as a 3 man or something, facing off against a load of other 3 mans. The only friendies are your 2 allies, everyone else (same faction or other faction) are enemies.

I wonder if this would be easier to do now that there is some support for fighting the same faction with the duelling arena?
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

don775

Post#57 » Sat Aug 21, 2021 1:03 pm

I was hoping to suggest a new game mode:
VIP
One artifact per team boost player, killing the player grants 100 tickets, holding lines (2) generate passive 1 ticket, non VIP kills 2 ticket.

Shogun4138

Post#58 » Mon Dec 13, 2021 10:03 pm

Interesting
Gogo 80we
Mudflinga 81rSH
Zenzo chosen**

Ads
oaliaen

Post#59 » Mon Feb 07, 2022 6:01 pm

Make a royal style sc letting all classes get all types of equipment and skills .. like rampage for chosen and so on...

malark

Post#60 » Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:12 pm

yeah i'm not sure how much of the game is adaptable sieging wise

one thing that pops in my head is having slits in the walls so range dps can shoot out like in real life castles and stuff but maybe it would be too unbalancing, perhaps a counter would be mobile shield walls but that's probably even too much of a hard counter to that, unless they don't have a super amount of hitpoints, maybe have them made out of a hard looking straw or something, like still a fair amount of hitpoints but killable in a few mins if it was getting focused hard