Recent Topics

Ads

[QnA feedback] 13th feb

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
Opethian

Re: [QnA feedback] 13th feb

Post#11 » Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:08 am

Communication is better than no communication and it's a welcome step.

However, curated questions and answers with no follow-up or clarifying questions on every single point makes it less of a Q&A session and more of an info dump. It's would be better to have someone who knows a little more about the game and can provide a little challenge perhaps? Without this it gave me the impression that we, the existing players, are not the target audience and that it is aimed at attracting new players. I've got no issue with that and the game needs new blood.

Perhaps try and tackle some tougher questions next time? Perhaps discuss realm population balance in some detail and what you would like to do to address the glaring population imbalance and why it has been in favour of Destruction for a considerable period of time. I may be wrong, but the game feels a lot like Destruction playing a game of chess with itself at this point, where Order only gets to IC when it's a 5 star because it's what Destruction wants. I'll take off my tinfoil hat now and stop ranting.

I think all in all, I would just like to see a more genuine approach to a developer Q&A and not an orchestrated session where you only answer the questions you want.

I don't want this to come across as an overly negative criticism, because I do think that it is a step in the right direction. I'd challenge you to now be bolder and not pre-pick your questions and prepare answers accordingly.

Ads
M0rw47h

Post#12 » Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:26 am

Opethian wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:08 am Perhaps try and tackle some tougher questions next time? Perhaps discuss realm population balance in some detail and what you would like to do to address the glaring population imbalance and why it has been in favour of Destruction for a considerable period of time. I may be wrong, but the game feels a lot like Destruction playing a game of chess with itself at this point, where Order only gets to IC when it's a 5 star because it's what Destruction wants. I'll take off my tinfoil hat now and stop ranting.
Game is much more fun and healthy when you just play oRvR for fun fights and don't care who takes which keep and which City is razed.

Dekata

Post#13 » Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:31 am

Balance is completly broken, destro win... no question indeed. ty

Sponn
Suspended

Post#14 » Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:47 am

To be devil's advocate here. The QnA was long. Like it was a longgg session of information. I'm thinking maybe that was one of the reasons they use Loremasterofsotek. He covers a lot of Warhammer games in general. So to kill two birds with one stone the devs/admins/whathaveyou set it up with Loremaster as to attract new players and to make sure they had a friendly warhammer face that wouldn't keep them there for like 4 hours. Just like last time.

Honestly everyone that peruses the forums knows we could inundate the devs with questions for a long time, but they got other things to do.

You can say what you want about their actions as per the game, but they are humans and do need time to do human things ya know.

Just my 2cents playing devils advocate.

Akalukz

Post#15 » Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:04 pm

Was bummed to see that the game is going to start focusing in ranked seasons. Are we only going to patch on a 10-13 weeks schedule now? Until they can address toxic players and chat there is little hope for that game play to pickup. I mean how many people actually focus on ranked scenarios? They can barely get a pug ranked going let alone a premade scenario. If the patches actually upset the meta (buff/nerf existing meta) then possibly this will become interesting, but if it's just tweaks to existing stuff then meh, cuz only certain classes are viable in ranked.

The life blood of the game is and always has been ORvR. More effort should be put into the help / new quests system to help new players or even returning players learn about new things in the game. Make the rewards large enough to make them worth it. Epic Weapons / PVE Coins / how Bolster works / How Scenarios work / How to get a faster Mount / Where to spend your RvR coins and the differences between them.
-= Agony =-

zulnam

Post#16 » Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:34 pm

Streamer's fine. Five lines of chat in and i hid the stream chat as well. Not exactly nobel nominee stuff. People were bickering about balance literally before the balance questions were answered. (and they said dwarf population is low :mrgreen: :lol: )

I would much rather see rapid-fire questions to cover as much content as possible instead of going back and forth on the answers, turning it in a forum thread recreation where they discuss Rampage or SH for 15 minutes (pages).

Perhaps what you want is to get Fixxer to do his old show again, State of Realm i think it was?

Lets ask the real question, though: When is my Ironbreaker getting his Lamborghini???
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

anarchypark

Post#17 » Sun Feb 14, 2021 3:21 pm

Haskr wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:38 am
anarchypark wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:49 am I'm pretty sure none of you would've done better, yet you're here talking like bigshot.
what a losers.
you dont need to do something better to criticise it.

Criticise is not talking **** whatever i want. there's basic. what if i was, is one of way to get it.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Sundowner

Post#18 » Sun Feb 14, 2021 3:30 pm

How class champions will be selected tho?

Ads
Haskr

Post#19 » Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:50 pm

anarchypark wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 3:21 pm
Haskr wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:38 am
anarchypark wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:49 am I'm pretty sure none of you would've done better, yet you're here talking like bigshot.
what a losers.
you dont need to do something better to criticise it.

Criticise is not talking **** whatever i want. there's basic. what if i was, is one of way to get it.
no clue what that means mate

Topdude

Post#20 » Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:57 pm

M0rw47h wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:26 am

Game is much more fun and healthy when you just play oRvR for fun fights and don't care who takes which keep and which City is razed.
And there in lies the problem when comparing ROR to WAR. The zone/city and at the end fort ranking mechanic always tended to take priority over zerg v. zerg skirmishes. It's what helped to foster realm pride and it's what led to truly epic battles while also keeping interest in "boring" things like keep takes and ranking zones.

These days I watch as order (or destro) back off and wait for the other realm to get a zone just so a fort will pop. Ignoring capping BOs or running resources in favor of WC battles. Today's players feel that kill counts mean more than stopping the opposing realm from dominating the zones. Add to that disproportionate realm populations and you have many players who have lost any interest in playing and either sit by the sidelines or ditch PVP for PVE.