Recent Topics

Ads

Wp 2h DPS the worst class in the game?

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.

Poll: Which changes would you preffer?

Poll ended at Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:13 pm

Bludgeon change 50% haste on hit.(free tactic slot)
23%
Rework Guilty soul
46%
Rework grace abilities for 2h dps.(strike throught, or ap drain to rf)
31%
Total votes: 26

zulnam

Re: Wp 2h DPS the worst class in the game?

Post#31 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:03 pm

Take it from someone who likes to play support classes and do the ocassional branch out into dps: if you want and hope to do as much or more dps as a pure dps class, you will never be happy.

Could Wrath WP be tweaked a bit to increase it's damage? Yes.

Should dps/shield WP be a more respectable spec. Absolutely. Warrior Priests fighting in the frontline, either with great hammer, hammer and shield or dual wielding hammers, are iconic to Warhammer. It is, imo, criminal that in AoR they got stuck doing the backline healer job.

But do not expect it. The team is stretched thin on time and resources as it is and they have made it clear in the past that support classes' main role is just that: support.

I don't believe dps dok is in a much better situation, imo. I've seen a pvp video (good geared guy on RoR) and he faired similarly; did well in 1v1 or 1v2 against DPS. Maybe would find a spot in a 6-man that values friends over meta, but that's about it. No one wants a dps/shield wp/dok in their warband.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

Ads
slayer10

Post#32 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:06 am

yoluigi wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 7:13 pm Even if I spam smite and put Sigmar shield on my self am not gona out dps other slayer

:lol: :lol: :lol:

havartii

Post#33 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:45 am

It's just another post about how classes are not mirrored nothing new *sigh
Order: 70 AM / 76 RP/ 72 Knight/ 58 WH
Destro: 82 Sham / 79 Zealot/ 70 DoK /70 Magus /68 Mara
Many alts on both sides now ruined by new currency change

space44

Post#34 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:50 pm

WPs (Healer) having the expectation of doing damage that could compare to an actual DPS class.
Chosen: Roten Plaguelord rr86 | Knight of the Blazing Sun: Lyntyz Jesterknight rr63

I'm not a clown, I'm the whole circus.

Szeff

Post#35 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:10 am

sharpblader wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:00 am
Szeff wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:35 pm If they take Focused Offense and build for it, they should be able to come close.
Don't think a tank with 15% damage boost at the cost of having the same armour as a mdps and speccing full offensive will ever come close to a mdps class at the same gear level.
That's why I should THEY SHOULD BE able to come close. For what gets sacrificed, they become useless for actual tank function. The trade-off is not enough for going glass cannon. Just like with 2h WP or dps DoK the tradeoff for the -50% effectiveness on casted heals is not enough dmg until you hit BiS gear. Everyone is so obsessed with "guard me, heal me! memememememe!" that they ignore that the original concept of the classes included an option to go full DPS at the cost of their tank/heal capability. The crying in this game turned those specs into terrible at everything until you have too much gear for it to matter any more. Nobody wants them to be good because they only want people to spec healer or pure tank to play those classes.

Bloodmasked

Post#36 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:43 am

Szeff wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:10 am
sharpblader wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:00 am
Szeff wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:35 pm If they take Focused Offense and build for it, they should be able to come close.
Don't think a tank with 15% damage boost at the cost of having the same armour as a mdps and speccing full offensive will ever come close to a mdps class at the same gear level.
That's why I should THEY SHOULD BE able to come close. For what gets sacrificed, they become useless for actual tank function. The trade-off is not enough for going glass cannon. Just like with 2h WP or dps DoK the tradeoff for the -50% effectiveness on casted heals is not enough dmg until you hit BiS gear. Everyone is so obsessed with "guard me, heal me! memememememe!" that they ignore that the original concept of the classes included an option to go full DPS at the cost of their tank/heal capability. The crying in this game turned those specs into terrible at everything until you have too much gear for it to matter any more. Nobody wants them to be good because they only want people to spec healer or pure tank to play those classes.
Ironbreakers deal plenty of damage in my recent encounters with a few 2hander ones in the lakes. SM hurt too but not sure if quite as much as IB. Have not seen any particularly frightening 2H knights though.

grendel1892

Post#37 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:36 am

It's Sad, I love my 2H WP, but they are not good DPS. In a game called Warhammer the only spec that isn't viable is the one with a Warhammer. I understand the trade-off between DPS and heals, and there is a tipping point where being able to DPS and have heals would make the class too OP.
Maybe they could do something like Divine Warding works on Melee abilities when 2H weapon Is equipped.
or Fix Greave of sigmar tactic (grace str/toughness buff) to stack with pot's/liniments when 2H weapon is equipped.
or return Endless guilt tactic to the way it used to be (does damage to all those affected as well as snare )
also GS should be on any crit not just Wrath DD.
None of the above would be very useful unless they somehow get another tactic spot. (sighs and remember dreams of 2H Weapons that had AoE detaunt.....)

Love ya devs and thanks for all the work you do. I still enjoy the game.
I smash things on Bolimor (WP) :shock:
I heal Peoplez on Mewanna Party (RP) :o
I guard the slayer on Igurd (SM) :D
I shootz arrows on Frigi Dare (SW) :(

Ekundu01

Post#38 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:48 pm

Last year I reported some issues with Guilty soul that part of it got fixed but part of it remained untouched (i retested after the patch that corrected part of the problem).

Last year guilty soul wasn't increasing damage on wrath dot skills. So Soul fire and the dot from castigation were not getting the increase. That was fixed in the patch from the bug report but there are other issues with Guilty Soul that could be the increase WP needs if it worked properly.

The dot from Guilty Soul doesn't crit. Tested it before and after the patch. I haven't tested it lately but I haven't seen any patch notes about it so unless it was stealth patched I would think it still doesn't crit. Guilty Soul dot also doesn't get the bonus damage from the stacks either. Prayer of Righteousness even though being direct damage will not proc Guilty Soul procs and also doesn't get the bonus damage from Guilty soul stacks either.

I think if guilty soul was a stacking dot on players and the above problems I outlined with Guilty soul were changed to work properly it could put 2h WP in the same boat as DW dok.
Trismack

Ads
ashton007

Post#39 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:40 am

lyncher12 wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:06 pm make guilty soul apply to all damage not just wrath
👍👍🏻👍🏼👍🏽👍🏾👍🏿
For **** sake you get put in the ST party and this would make AA better.