Recent Topics

Ads

Remove Vanquisher as requirement for Invader

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Puru

Remove Vanquisher as requirement for Invader

Post#1 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:53 pm

I think you guys should remove Vanquisher as a requirement for Invader, because it's really hard and time consuming for some classes to close this gap and finally be able to start the endgame gear grind.
It should be easier for new players to get invader and skip Vanquisher if it's not valuable for the class. I'm not a new player, but i see many guild mates struggle with the grind before even getting into endgame gear. The step to Sov/Warlord is big enough if you're not playing in a organized warband all the time.
:?:

Ads
Zizzelfizz

Re: Remove Vanquisher as requirement for Invader

Post#2 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:15 pm

why should you have it easier than all of us? log in and have everything complete? I do not believe it

Puru

Post#3 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:30 pm

Zizzelfizz wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:15 pm why should you have it easier than all of us? log in and have everything complete? I do not believe it
Because Invader is not the endgame gear anymore and new players with crappy gear are being forced into using gear that doesn't fit into their playstyle. Being able to skip Vanq and go for Invader directly, would give new players a better start into the game, because the gap between Conq and Sov/Warlord is insane now.

M0rw47h

Post#4 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:46 pm

I'd agree, because gear meta is set mixing.
You want to mix them, not use first one then an otter.

space44

Post#5 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:58 pm

earn your gear like everyone else, no one is going to hand out Invader medallions on a silver platter for you. earning gear isnt hard, its only hard when your lazy. you mention the gap between Conq and Sov/warlord is insane but how about you break it down, the gap between Conq and Vanq isnt insane.
Chosen: Roten Plaguelord rr86 | Knight of the Blazing Sun: Lyntyz Jesterknight rr63

I'm not a clown, I'm the whole circus.

Puru

Post#6 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 7:06 pm

space44 wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:58 pm earn your gear like everyone else, no one is going to hand out Invader medallions on a silver platter for you. earning gear isnt hard, its only hard when your lazy. you mention the gap between Conq and Sov/warlord is insane but how about you break it down, the gap between Conq and Vanq isnt insane.
Typical answer of old players enjoying their superior status over new players.. as i said, invader is not endgame gear anymore!

space44

Post#7 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 7:10 pm

Puru wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 7:06 pm
space44 wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:58 pm earn your gear like everyone else, no one is going to hand out Invader medallions on a silver platter for you. earning gear isnt hard, its only hard when your lazy. you mention the gap between Conq and Sov/warlord is insane but how about you break it down, the gap between Conq and Vanq isnt insane.
Typical answer of old players enjoying their superior status over new players.. as i said, invader is not endgame gear anymore!
its not a typical answer to a old player, i took a 2 year break from the server and havent met the requirements for renown so when i came back late 2020 i saw my account was completely wiped. so in reality i only had 1 year of game time in this server which a typical new comer probably has. ive gotten all my sets and RR80 in 1 month (thats 4 weeks). i know how to use my time and how to be efficient with it.
Chosen: Roten Plaguelord rr86 | Knight of the Blazing Sun: Lyntyz Jesterknight rr63

I'm not a clown, I'm the whole circus.

Duukar

Post#8 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 7:42 pm

My tank has full invader and I don’t own a single piece of Vanq. Am I missing something here?

Ads
Kragg

Post#9 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 7:57 pm

Puru wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 7:06 pm
No, it is a new player coming in who wants to be equal to veterans who spend alot of time ingame to get their sets, and that was back when invader was a huge pain in the ass to get.
Sergeant-Major Drengk Burloksson, RR 85 Sniper
Hulfdan Irongrip, RR 81 Ironbreaker
Proud Founder of the 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers
Alliance officer of the Grand Alliance

RuffRyder

Post#10 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:53 pm

Duukar wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 7:42 pm My tank has full invader and I don’t own a single piece of Vanq. Am I missing something here?
Yep got pretty confused here, there’s no Vanq ToK unlock requirement on gear, it is only affecting Invader Medaillon drops in bags iirc.

Nonetheless, the only way I can imagine getting Invader before Vanq is fort- or citylogging without playing much RvR. From a casual PoV it took two weeks with effective playtime of 30 hours to get 4 Vanq pieces (2 duplicates inbetween) and buy the last 2. I did like 3-4 forts during this time.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. (Mark Twain)