Recent Topics

Ads

Offline Rewards for Cities

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Leonell

Offline Rewards for Cities

Post#1 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:42 pm

I feel like with all the other content in the game you get some Mail rewards when you next log on for objectives that are accomplished by your realm while you are offline, as long as you helped. With last nights 5* IC being 3am Europe time , a majority of the player base has missed out on a week long Order fight with no reward.

I feel a small token of rewards should be given to the entire faction based on the * of the City and if the faction wins or loses.

I am probably not alone in feeling disappointed on missing an opportunity to get up to 15 royals from an end game event that we collectively tried so hard to achieve all week.

Ads
Cabron101

Re: Offline Rewards for Cities

Post#2 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:46 pm

This is going to end well :lol:

Leonell

Post#3 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:11 pm

There is a reason New World and Ashes of Creation intend to implement a " Prime Time" siege mechanic to there games, so people don't miss out based on Real World Time zones.

I understand that we only have 1 server we all must share.
But punishing players because we share one server is simply avoidable when it can be so easily fixed with a gesture reward for playing the game and helping the bigger picture.

Whyumadbro

Post#4 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:03 pm

And what reward should you get for beeing afk?

Kinja

Post#5 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:06 pm

He's clearly not asking for rewards for being afk. He's asking for a reward for fighting in the lakes for hours during EU time when city is much harder to push while NA just gets ez city because it's either zerged or outright thrown if 5 star. You get a reward if you contribute to a zone lock but log out before it's locked. I don't see why asking for a reward for contributing to the campaign sounds so outlandish. If it's actually possible to add into the game tho is a completely different question and only staff could answer that.

Josewales

Post#6 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:08 pm

Zone flip bags do that. How many time have we logged in and a bag was waiting for us? Before zone bags last year, we had to go through the city pain. That's what kept me playing this game. Without it, I probably would be playing something else. My passion is open and unpredictable pvp.

lyncher12

Post#7 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:42 pm

you may have been on to something a year ago when people were getting burned out and quitting en masse from how shitty gearing was

Lyckansost

Post#8 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:18 pm

Make City reward scale x peopel online y reward? Then perhaps more people would push/throw (lol) for city.

Ads
Wam

Post#9 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:56 pm

Leonell wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:42 pm I feel like with all the other content in the game you get some Mail rewards when you next log on for objectives that are accomplished by your realm while you are offline, as long as you helped. With last nights 5* IC being 3am Europe time , a majority of the player base has missed out on a week long Order fight with no reward.

I feel a small token of rewards should be given to the entire faction based on the * of the City and if the faction wins or loses.

I am probably not alone in feeling disappointed on missing an opportunity to get up to 15 royals from an end game event that we collectively tried so hard to achieve all week.
how much reward? how many characters? how do you work out contribution if you swap characters or realms?

EU primetime has more people online so easier to defend, and also it has a less "throwing" culture than NA does, even though "throwing" is against the rules... it is hard to "prove" and hard to ban that many players... both sides know what they are doing in NA time as far as city unlocking goes. EU time more pride to spite enemy and themselves in hard defending and better orvr fights... not much you can do about it system wise on a international server, offpeak (na) benefits from eu setting the campaign up to be finished off.
Wamizzle Guild Leader [TUP]
Wamizzle Guild Leader [The Unlikely Plan]

Leonell

Post#10 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:49 pm

That is an interesting discussion point. My solution would be to use the already implemented account reward system for twitch drops. That way it is 1 per account and you can choose who to redeem it with on either Order/Destro For varying reward based on who won or lost the last City via a specific Vendor.