Recent Topics

Ads

WL The Lion - your Guardian

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
sighy

Re: WL The Lion - your Guardian

Post#31 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:22 pm

Sundowner wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:06 pm
sighy wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:02 pm I don't see this ability getting implemented, because it is entirely redundant with and more powerful than an archetype defining ability both sides already have access to, on all three tank mirrors. Just get a tank to guard you.

You could say that Order has a population problem, in regards to tanks... but giving Order dps abilities to supplement that lack of tanks would just be a killing blow to the archetype on Order.
So we should delete 25% guard chance from squig too? based on your logic.
OP didn't propose the defensive pet passive to be mirrored(instead of the Trained to Kill Toughness bonus), but to get an entirely new ability, which works with any pet stance and which he could maximise, because he would have control over when the ability is in effect.
Last edited by sighy on Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
sighy

Post#32 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:26 pm

Spoiler:
knick wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:13 pm
normanis wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:57 pm
Spoiler:
pet is already so squishy, and u whant it more squishy? guardian tree should buff pet str and tankyness so its not die so easy. and deal that damage what is in pic trained to kill. most of the time my pet dies , disapear. ( pet stay near me and than disapear with text u are too far away from pet and he run away ( something like this was writen) byt pet was 5feet of me. anytime u use pounce pet freeze and than from distance attacking.
lets first fix pet plz
its a ability by choice. it dosent make you pet more squishy by default. if you dont use it nothing happen to your pet...
sighy wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:02 pm
Spoiler:
I don't see this ability getting implemented, because it is entirely redundant with and more powerful than an archetype defining ability both sides already have access to, on all three tank mirrors. Just get a tank to guard you.

You could say that Order has a population problem, in regards to tanks... but giving Order dps abilities to supplement that lack of tanks would just be a killing blow to the archetype on Order.
SH already have it as mentioned on the first page.

Its funny that only because i make a suggestion to an Order class people starts instinctively to shot against it in there destro pride behavior. Even with so little background knowledge about there own classes and ability's
Read my response to Sundowner.

knick

Post#33 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:32 pm

simply
SH can eat his pet and summon instantly a new one dont have the draw back like the WL when his pet dies.

So while SH pet "die(got eaten)" SH receive wound buff and can instantly have a new one
WL pet dies - end of story

If WL would have same mechanic would be no problem to bound it to a stance. But its not so control about it is fair trade off
Knick WL RR85+
Knickli Mara RR80+

Sundowner

Post#34 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:34 pm

sighy wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:22 pm
sighy wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:02 pm I don't see this ability getting implemented, because it is entirely redundant with and more powerful than an archetype defining ability both sides already have access to, on all three tank mirrors. Just get a tank to guard you.

OP didn't propose the defensive pet passive to be mirrored(instead of the Trained to Kill Toughness bonus), but to get an entirely new ability, which works with any pet stance and which he could maximise, because he would have control over when the ability is in effect.
So if we gave lion the same bonus as squig in will be ok?

Josewales

Post#35 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:42 pm

Whyumadbro wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:06 am if the wl is to recieve such a strong pet ability it should at least give up a little bit of dmg, to keep things balanced
How much more damage do you want nerfed off the WL? To the point of 'go ahead and touch me now?'. Seriously, endgame one. Their dps isn't what it used to be. We tickle heavies now and our burst on sov's can be cc'd after due to extended time. I am tired of the nerf bats. I play mine part time for a reason...they are no longer roam gods. They are more for secondary melee to move in once most Destro classes burns cds or just to assist. I do miss the days when we could pounce in the back support, get a quick kill and hightail it out of there. Unless its a gear gap which is a good part to most of the whines, WLs resort to strafing in the back waiting for opportunity up front or the sides, in turn deal with pocket guards more. A Sov WL can easily feel the gear gap on their targets. Besides, a good player knows their distance and their foe's vulnerabilities. Bads are the one's complaining? Just saying.

Balance? Nope thats not the issue....under performing in respect to playstyle is the real issue. WL playstyle has been nerfed besides some dps.

As for the OP. Train to threaten pet detaunt could be a 25% guard? Guardian build works better off train to kill for leon frenzy to work off of more pet hits. The trade off regarding dps would be in the training.
Last edited by Josewales on Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.

oaliaen

Post#36 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:45 pm

Tweak down WL abilities to 0.75 and give the Pet bonus to the man ...

Josewales

Post#37 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:48 pm

oaliaen wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:45 pm Tweak down WL abilities to 0.75 and give the Pet bonus to the man ...
No. While a WL is KD'd the pet is critical for off dps. Ask a WE on that one. ;) They already nerfed the axeman build by not allowing armor debuff and pounce in player leaning burst 'axeman' spec.

knick

Post#38 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:13 pm

Josewales wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:42 pm
Spoiler:
Whyumadbro wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:06 am if the wl is to recieve such a strong pet ability it should at least give up a little bit of dmg, to keep things balanced
How much more damage do you want nerfed off the WL? To the point of 'go ahead and touch me now?'. Seriously, endgame one. Their dps isn't what it used to be. We tickle heavies now and our burst on sov's can be cc'd after due to extended time. I am tired of the nerf bats. I play mine part time for a reason...they are no longer roam gods. They are more for secondary melee to move in once most Destro classes burns cds or just to assist. I do miss the days when we could pounce in the back support, get a quick kill and hightail it out of there. Unless its a gear gap which is the root to most of the whines, WLs resort to strafing in the back waiting for opportunity up front or the sides, in turn deal with pocket guards more. A Sov WL can easily feel the gear gap on their targets.

Balance? Nope thats not the issue....under performing in respect to playstyle is the real issue. WL playstyle has been nerfed besides some dps.

As for the OP. Train to threaten pet detaunt could be a 25% guard? Guardian build works better off train to kill for leon frenzy to work off of more pet hits. The trade off regarding dps would be in the training.
i would total agree to stick this to a pet stance/ pet ability. But as long as the addon "loyal pet" not working as intended im not sure about. For me my pet spamms my abilits ignoring total my loyal pet configuration. special the ignore and manuel setting :(
Knick WL RR85+
Knickli Mara RR80+

Ads
sighy

Post#39 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:18 pm

Sundowner wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:34 pm
sighy wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:22 pm

So if we gave lion the same bonus as squig in will be ok?
The squig version is a 25% chance to mitigate 50% of a hit. That's 1 out of every 4 times they recieve a damage number, which under ideal conditions where the damage is constant across all incoming effects and you get a precise 25% proc rate the actual mitigation is more around constant 12,5% reduction, for which they have to give up parry strikethrough, range or attacking on the move and crit chance.

Neverever

Post#40 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:19 pm

knick wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:32 pm simply
SH can eat his pet and summon instantly a new one dont have the draw back like the WL when his pet dies.

So while SH pet "die(got eaten)" SH receive wound buff and can instantly have a new one
WL pet dies - end of story

If WL would have same mechanic would be no problem to bound it to a stance. But its not so control about it is fair trade off
That's just an excuse. Anyone who knows SH class would confirm that there are only 2 effective pets that SH possess. Spiked squig for ranged and horned for melee. The other 2 pets just mean the lose of damage and effectuality. In any case you have to wait for spiked for 30scs and 15scs for horned (that's just like WL). +( Not sure If they changed it in previous patches tho) doesn't WL already possess a tactic to compensate pet lose %50 more damage for 10scs when your pet is killed?