Recent Topics

Ads

Suggestion to players

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.

Moderators: Developer, Management, Web Developer

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
User avatar
adapter
Suspended
Posts: 420

Suggestion to players

Post#1 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 6:49 pm

Hello there, Kabu here.


I've noticed in the last weeks that many players have been asking to nerf a certain class because they can't seem to solve the problem of dealing against it in a PvP situation. Even without any real evidence to prove those claims. There's a reason why rSH got buffed, because SW got buffed like 5 months ago.

So what I suggest to players is this. Don't ask to nerf a class because you are having trouble learning how to deal against it. Instead, propose suggestions to buff the classes that need a better tool to deal against that problem.

Nerfing will only lead players that play that particular class, to stop playing it.

Buffing a class will lead to players that stopped playing that class, to comeback to the game and try it out.

Ask for possitive things, propose suggestions that could lead to improvements for the classes that need that extra help in order to deal against that new problem.

Be creative, don't be a hater.
Kabuchop / Kabusquig / Kabuterimon / Tentomon

Ads
User avatar
phononHYPE
Posts: 438

Re: Suggestion to players

Post#2 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:11 pm

Last night in a city, your SH /lol'd at me after it took ~8 of you to kill my (last man standing) knight.

Nerf humor... *sigh* okay, don't nerf humor.

Buff emotes when your dead, say you get one last one after you go splat. Maybe something to counter /lol (or the classic 'corpse jump').
Kaputcha - Dooooooom Diiiiiiiiiva!
Image
Doom Diver doing wot Doom Diver do!

User avatar
teiloh
Posts: 625

Re: Suggestion to players

Post#3 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:16 am

adapter wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 6:49 pm
Hello there, Kabu here.


I've noticed in the last weeks that many players have been asking to nerf a certain class because they can't seem to solve the problem of dealing against it in a PvP situation. Even without any real evidence to prove those claims. There's a reason why rSH got buffed, because SW got buffed like 5 months ago.

So what I suggest to players is this. Don't ask to nerf a class because you are having trouble learning how to deal against it. Instead, propose suggestions to buff the classes that need a better tool to deal against that problem.

Nerfing will only lead players that play that particular class, to stop playing it.

Buffing a class will lead to players that stopped playing that class, to comeback to the game and try it out.

Ask for possitive things, propose suggestions that could lead to improvements for the classes that need that extra help in order to deal against that new problem.

Be creative, don't be a hater.
Make Order RDPS immune to stun? Hand them an instant pet kill?

There's no way to buff Order classes to counter rSH without making them overpowered. Easier to revert some of the changes to the rSH. Remove the ranged KD and swap Squigbeast back to a M3 for one.

Just because the SW got some changes doesn't mean the rSH needs them too - that's an argument based on a false premise.

User avatar
wachlarz
Posts: 541

Re: Suggestion to players

Post#4 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:58 am

teiloh wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:16 am
adapter wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 6:49 pm
Hello there, Kabu here.


I've noticed in the last weeks that many players have been asking to nerf a certain class because they can't seem to solve the problem of dealing against it in a PvP situation. Even without any real evidence to prove those claims. There's a reason why rSH got buffed, because SW got buffed like 5 months ago.

So what I suggest to players is this. Don't ask to nerf a class because you are having trouble learning how to deal against it. Instead, propose suggestions to buff the classes that need a better tool to deal against that problem.

Nerfing will only lead players that play that particular class, to stop playing it.

Buffing a class will lead to players that stopped playing that class, to comeback to the game and try it out.

Ask for possitive things, propose suggestions that could lead to improvements for the classes that need that extra help in order to deal against that new problem.

Be creative, don't be a hater.
Make Order RDPS immune to stun? Hand them an instant pet kill?

There's no way to buff Order classes to counter rSH without making them overpowered. Easier to revert some of the changes to the rSH. Remove the ranged KD and swap Squigbeast back to a M3 for one.

Just because the SW got some changes doesn't mean the rSH needs them too - that's an argument based on a false premise.
If they change rshy again, population of solo Bw/dps Am/engi go Up. No natural enemy. Order need to have bigger roster. Any tank with shield, more RSw or Wl. So all Yours cry about Kaboom, run away, too rewerted? or back old rsquig with all new nerfs ?

User avatar
Ysaran
Posts: 1082

Re: Suggestion to players

Post#5 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:36 am

teiloh wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:16 am
adapter wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 6:49 pm
Hello there, Kabu here.


I've noticed in the last weeks that many players have been asking to nerf a certain class because they can't seem to solve the problem of dealing against it in a PvP situation. Even without any real evidence to prove those claims. There's a reason why rSH got buffed, because SW got buffed like 5 months ago.

So what I suggest to players is this. Don't ask to nerf a class because you are having trouble learning how to deal against it. Instead, propose suggestions to buff the classes that need a better tool to deal against that problem.

Nerfing will only lead players that play that particular class, to stop playing it.

Buffing a class will lead to players that stopped playing that class, to comeback to the game and try it out.

Ask for possitive things, propose suggestions that could lead to improvements for the classes that need that extra help in order to deal against that new problem.

Be creative, don't be a hater.
Make Order RDPS immune to stun? Hand them an instant pet kill?

There's no way to buff Order classes to counter rSH without making them overpowered. Easier to revert some of the changes to the rSH. Remove the ranged KD and swap Squigbeast back to a M3 for one.

Just because the SW got some changes doesn't mean the rSH needs them too - that's an argument based on a false premise.
Devs promised a rSH rework in the same patchnotes where they reworked the SW, it' not something that was asked by the crowd.
Anyway, I agree with Kabu. Instead of complaining and asking for nerfs, you should focus on finding proper startegy to counter rSH. Start gathering infos by opening a thread on "how to counter rSH", then see which kind of buffs are needed and on which class, and then make a proposal in the BDF. It will take some time, but it's the right route
NOCTURNE
Zputakatarro-Choppa rr83
Zputadenti-Shaman rr77
Ysaran-Blackguard rr60

and then WP, AM, IB, Slayer and SH

User avatar
Arbich
Posts: 731

Re: Suggestion to players

Post#6 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:12 am

Ysaran wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:36 am
teiloh wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:16 am
adapter wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 6:49 pm
Hello there, Kabu here.


I've noticed in the last weeks that many players have been asking to nerf a certain class because they can't seem to solve the problem of dealing against it in a PvP situation. Even without any real evidence to prove those claims. There's a reason why rSH got buffed, because SW got buffed like 5 months ago.

So what I suggest to players is this. Don't ask to nerf a class because you are having trouble learning how to deal against it. Instead, propose suggestions to buff the classes that need a better tool to deal against that problem.

Nerfing will only lead players that play that particular class, to stop playing it.

Buffing a class will lead to players that stopped playing that class, to comeback to the game and try it out.

Ask for possitive things, propose suggestions that could lead to improvements for the classes that need that extra help in order to deal against that new problem.

Be creative, don't be a hater.
Make Order RDPS immune to stun? Hand them an instant pet kill?

There's no way to buff Order classes to counter rSH without making them overpowered. Easier to revert some of the changes to the rSH. Remove the ranged KD and swap Squigbeast back to a M3 for one.

Just because the SW got some changes doesn't mean the rSH needs them too - that's an argument based on a false premise.
Devs promised a rSH rework in the same patchnotes where they reworked the SW, it' not something that was asked by the crowd.
Anyway, I agree with Kabu. Instead of complaining and asking for nerfs, you should focus on finding proper startegy to counter rSH. Start gathering infos by opening a thread on "how to counter rSH", then see which kind of buffs are needed and on which class, and then make a proposal in the BDF. It will take some time, but it's the right route
I disagree. Its a stupid route.
For balance buffs and nerfs go hand in hand. By your logic the rsh was too weak before the rework in comparison to other classes and therfor needed a buff? Now the other classes are too weak in comparison to the rsh and need a buff? What makes you think that the balance mark is hit this time? Probably the then reworked classes are too strong, therfor other classes need buffs also... Or are you proposing buffs that only work against a specific class (the rsh)?

I think the performance of rsh needs futher evaluation, but I lean to rework/nerf him a bit.
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM

User avatar
normanis
Posts: 704
Contact:

Re: Suggestion to players

Post#7 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:42 am

adapter wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 6:49 pm
Hello there, Kabu here.


I've noticed in the last weeks that many players have been asking to nerf a certain class because they can't seem to solve the problem of dealing against it in a PvP situation. Even without any real evidence to prove those claims. There's a reason why rSH got buffed, because SW got buffed like 5 months ago.

So what I suggest to players is this. Don't ask to nerf a class because you are having trouble learning how to deal against it. Instead, propose suggestions to buff the classes that need a better tool to deal against that problem.

Nerfing will only lead players that play that particular class, to stop playing it.

Buffing a class will lead to players that stopped playing that class, to comeback to the game and try it out.

Ask for possitive things, propose suggestions that could lead to improvements for the classes that need that extra help in order to deal against that new problem.

Be creative, don't be a hater.
same i can say when toquemadra make his broken guardian white lion , he prefered solo gameplay and than he maked broke msquig. with same purpose. complains and grudges on destro side was for very long time. plus complains in forum and global chat. same is for msquig , when someone will be bored play that class he will destroy it and will buff next his class. :( . sad balance is broken here.

Whyumadbro
Posts: 153

Re: Suggestion to players

Post#8 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:56 am

Buff the 2hand slayer gotrik specc and all the engis and sw will go away i promise

Ads
Snowhawk
Posts: 92

Re: Suggestion to players

Post#9 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:05 am

a solo SH ist weak. the rest is TEAMPLAY.

User avatar
Ysaran
Posts: 1082

Re: Suggestion to players

Post#10 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:15 am

Arbich wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:12 am
Ysaran wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:36 am
teiloh wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:16 am


Make Order RDPS immune to stun? Hand them an instant pet kill?

There's no way to buff Order classes to counter rSH without making them overpowered. Easier to revert some of the changes to the rSH. Remove the ranged KD and swap Squigbeast back to a M3 for one.

Just because the SW got some changes doesn't mean the rSH needs them too - that's an argument based on a false premise.
Devs promised a rSH rework in the same patchnotes where they reworked the SW, it' not something that was asked by the crowd.
Anyway, I agree with Kabu. Instead of complaining and asking for nerfs, you should focus on finding proper startegy to counter rSH. Start gathering infos by opening a thread on "how to counter rSH", then see which kind of buffs are needed and on which class, and then make a proposal in the BDF. It will take some time, but it's the right route
I disagree. Its a stupid route.
For balance buffs and nerfs go hand in hand. By your logic the rsh was too weak before the rework in comparison to other classes and therfor needed a buff? Now the other classes are too weak in comparison to the rsh and need a buff? What makes you think that the balance mark is hit this time? Probably the then reworked classes are too strong, therfor other classes need buffs also... Or are you proposing buffs that only work against a specific class (the rsh)?

I think the performance of rsh needs futher evaluation, but I lean to rework/nerf him a bit.
I get your point, it's not simple to understand if the balance hit the mark with this SH rework. But reality is that beside some clunky thoerycrafting attempt, I've seen no hard proof of rSH overperforming (no combat log, no parser, no test on Training Construct, no videos). Untill you prove that rSH is overperforming, you have to adapt and try to undertsand how to outplay it (and thus why I suggested to to open a thread about it). If you find no way to outplay a rSH than you can make a proposal on the BDF to either: give to Order some tool to counter it or to nerf rSH.
I might agree that rSH is overperforming, but until now I saw only some stupid Scenario's Scoreboard SS and a lot of complaining. I don't play the class and actually I'm on order since some time so I get why all the frustration, but still I saw no hard proof. Thus, I agree with Kabu: if you can't gather proof of overperfoming, then use the common knowledge to understend how to beat it. And if it result impossible to beat, then propose a change.
I've never said that rSH was too weak, actually this rework is the reason why I stopped playing it.
NOCTURNE
Zputakatarro-Choppa rr83
Zputadenti-Shaman rr77
Ysaran-Blackguard rr60

and then WP, AM, IB, Slayer and SH

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 17 guests

cron