Recent Topics

Ads

Why not grace wp become more tanky as a half tank half heal?

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Sundowner

Re: Why not grace wp become more tanky as a half tank half heal?

Post#21 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:52 am

I don't think that logic grace WP should be half-tank is appropriate. You are not tank, your main job still remains healing, shield is just to be more survivable in melee, hence it is more of melee healer than tank-healer.

Ads
Ysaran

Post#22 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:01 am

dalen wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:46 am
PlagueMonk wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:55 pm Related to tankiness:

2) Why does our armor prayer not stack with the armor pot? Literally EVERYONE runs armor pots (which I truly find stupid) making this prayer literally worthless. It either needs to stack or that prayer needs to change to something useful
I agree it is kind of worthless. But technically you can use a resistance pot instead of an armor pot and then run armor prayer instead. I guess mythic thought that players would do that in a bigger extent than what actually happened.
Or all the group can run Thorn potions
Zputadenti

Sugarcoated

Post#23 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:25 pm

I am playing a Grace Wp myself and I can assure you that they can achieve to be quite tanky. To transfer this into numbers I would say that a smartly equipped Grace Wp can achieve 80% of the robustness of a tank while providing 80% of the heal output of a salvation Priest at the same time. These numbers are averages based on my most recent organised city war bands. With end game gear, self buffs only and renown spec a Grace Wp can easily achieve >40% block, >40% parry and >30%Dodge/Disrupt. I would strongly disagree with someone asking to make WP more tanky from a balance perspective.

When solo roaming it takes at least 3-4 ppl (depending on their gear) to take me down.

PlagueMonk

Post#24 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:34 pm

2) Why does our armor prayer not stack with the armor pot? Literally EVERYONE runs armor pots (which I truly find stupid) making this prayer literally worthless. It either needs to stack or that prayer needs to change to something useful
I agree it is kind of worthless. But technically you can use a resistance pot instead of an armor pot and then run armor prayer instead. I guess mythic thought that players would do that in a bigger extent than what actually happened.
Well then, lets explore that a bit.......which is the better prayer, ignoring stacking comparability; Devotion or Absolution?

If it is Absolution maybe I can get the guildies I run with to change over. Unfortunately it will never happen in a PUG situation.

Rydiak

Post#25 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:37 pm

PlagueMonk wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:34 pm

Well then, lets explore that a bit.......which is the better prayer, ignoring stacking comparability; Devotion or Absolution?

If it is Absolution maybe I can get the guildies I run with to change over. Unfortunately it will never happen in a PUG situation.
Devotion provides something a buff potion doesn't: a healing aura. Plus, to reach the same 660 armor as a typical green armor potion you'd need a maxed Salvation mastery tree.
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!