Recent Topics

Ads

Why not grace wp become more tanky as a half tank half heal?

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
kam19080

Re: Why not grace wp become more tanky as a half tank half heal?

Post#11 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:45 am

abezverkhiy wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:36 pm The answer is not too far - look at WH's tactic Close Combat
which is better than now...

Ads
Rydiak

Post#12 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:00 am

kam19080 wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:44 am
Rydiak wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:09 pm
kam19080 wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:46 pm As a tank u should be hard to be killed, meanwhile tanks and healers cant kill every dps...

Half tank half heal doesn't mean u can be immortal.....
Yea, it's almost like the spec was designed with conscious trade-offs in mind...
However, doesn't it so weird, when u wearing a shield to stack str for healing that is sightly equal to u build willpower for frontline healing?
Not one bit. You think Grace should automatically output more healing than Salvation just because it stacks strength instead of willpower? The lifetaps were tuned to be balanced, not to be overpowered.
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

kam19080

Post#13 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:15 am

Rydiak wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:00 am
Rydiak wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:09 pm

Yea, it's almost like the spec was designed with conscious trade-offs in mind...
However, doesn't it so weird, when u wearing a shield to stack str for healing that is sightly equal to u build willpower for frontline healing?
Not one bit. You think Grace should automatically output more healing than Salvation just because it stacks strength instead of willpower? The lifetaps were tuned to be balanced, not to be overpowered.
Agree with u, when grace wp becomes more tankier, a "healing tank" maybe so op.
But it's just a problem of balance, half tank half healer doesn't make it become overpowered when we fix the healing and tanking ability of them.

Meanwhile, It will become more make sense when a guy wears a shield for more tankier instead of building str to do dps for heal...

As an AM can be a half heal half dps and full dps, why grace should become a dps based? We already hv a 2h Wrath spec for wp in doing dps.....

Ysaran

Post#14 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:18 am

kam19080 wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:15 am AM can be a half heal half dps and full dps, why grace should become a dps based? We already hv a 2h Wrath spec for wp in doing dps.....
that's false. AM can be a healer or a dps, not both. The hybrid spec works only for soloning and can't be used neither in party or wb. when you spec hybrid, you don't deal enough damage to be a real threat and you don't heal enough to keep ppl alive.
Zputadenti

Rydiak

Post#15 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:59 pm

kam19080 wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:15 am

But it's just a problem of balance, half tank half healer doesn't make it become overpowered when we fix the healing and tanking ability of them.

Meanwhile, It will become more make sense when a guy wears a shield for more tankier instead of building str to do dps for heal...

As an AM can be a half heal half dps and full dps, why grace should become a dps based? We already hv a 2h Wrath spec for wp in doing dps.....
Grace can reach 46% block chance. If your build isn't tanky it is because you made the conscious decision for it not to be. You can't get all things all at once on a single spec, otherwise you end up with an overpowered spec.
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

PlagueMonk

Post#16 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:55 pm

Rydiak wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:59 pm

Grace can reach 46% block chance. If your build isn't tanky it is because you made the conscious decision for it not to be. You can't get all things all at once on a single spec, otherwise you end up with an overpowered spec.
@Rydiak

Since you seem to be fielding all of the WP questions, lemme hijack the thread for a min....

Related to tankiness:

1) Why is the WP shield only 1/6th that of a tanks shield? 50 instead of 300. I can understand that the Tank shield is bigger but would something like 150-200 be more appropriate?
2) Why does our armor prayer not stack with the armor pot? Literally EVERYONE runs armor pots (which I truly find stupid) making this prayer literally worthless. It either needs to stack or that prayer needs to change to something useful
3) How does a Salv. WP escape from being hunted down? I ask because I get KD and then dead in 3 secs. I don't feel very tanky but yet a Shammy can escape most of the time using their bag of tricks.

Rydiak

Post#17 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:25 pm

PlagueMonk wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:55 pm
Rydiak wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:59 pm

@Rydiak

Since you seem to be fielding all of the WP questions, lemme hijack the thread for a min....

Related to tankiness:

1) Why is the WP shield only 1/6th that of a tanks shield? 50 instead of 300. I can understand that the Tank shield is bigger but would something like 150-200 be more appropriate?
2) Why does our armor prayer not stack with the armor pot? Literally EVERYONE runs armor pots (which I truly find stupid) making this prayer literally worthless. It either needs to stack or that prayer needs to change to something useful
3) How does a Salv. WP escape from being hunted down? I ask because I get KD and then dead in 3 secs. I don't feel very tanky but yet a Shammy can escape most of the time using their bag of tricks.
1. When creating the shields for Grace/Sacrifice, the devs decided that they wanted a very low block rating on them and for the class to gain its block value from renown points and other sources of % block. Basically a "if you want to be tanky you have to build for it, not just wear a single gear item (shield)".

2. Gotta ask Mythic. I didn't design Warrior Priest.

3. I don't play Salvation, but the go-to defenses seem to be Divine Warding and Intimidating Repent.

space44

Post#18 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:05 pm

@Rydiak

Related to tankiness:

if WP gets a shield tankyness buff DoKs has to get something similar. shamans and AMs equally can have easy times escaping most things, cant compare a career mirror pair and complain that your career mirror pair doesn't have the same thing, thats kind of like saying why cant my Knight also have Oath Friend as well.
Chosen: Roten Plaguelord rr86 | Knight of the Blazing Sun: Lyntyz Jesterknight rr63

I'm not a clown, I'm the whole circus.

Ads
PlagueMonk

Post#19 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:31 pm

space44 wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:05 pm

@Rydiak

Related to tankiness:

if WP gets a shield tankyness buff DoKs has to get something similar. shamans and AMs equally can have easy times escaping most things, cant compare a career mirror pair and complain that your career mirror pair doesn't have the same thing, thats kind of like saying why cant my Knight also have Oath Friend as well.
Yes, it's a similarly worthless ability on Dest. side as well. If they are not going to ever stack, wouldn't it be nice if BOTH classes had a useful ability?

And I sure can compare, I did it above there. :roll: The reason why I feel I can is, as a Salv WP I am a primary healer just like a Shaman but yet they can escape 80% of the time like a slippery eel while we have jack. Not even AMs have the ability to escape as easily. You of course missed the true meaning behind my question which is really a complaint about Shammys.
Last edited by PlagueMonk on Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dalen
Developer

Post#20 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:46 am

PlagueMonk wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:55 pm Related to tankiness:

I agree it is kind of worthless. But technically you can use a resistance pot instead of an armor pot and then run armor prayer instead. I guess mythic thought that players would do that in a bigger extent than what actually happened.
Source Developer