Recent Topics

Ads

Magus/Engineer Mobility

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Learn2Play

Magus/Engineer Mobility

Post#1 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:26 pm

This is a rework for the tactics Trench Fighting & Demonic Contract.

This suggestion is to make a more mobile Engineer/Magus.

Many Engineers & Magi feel a bit overwhelmed with the constant deployment/summoning of their turret/horror, this at times causes these class to not be included for various game modes where mobility it key.

Trench Fighting renamed to Improvised Offenses.
“You deal 25% more damage. You gain 10% bonus to defenses. You can cast Grenadier abilities while moving. You cannot build a turret or benefit from any ability or tactic that requires one. Your turret will be destroyed if already placed.”

Demonic Contract renamed to Demonic Possession.
“You deal 25% more damage. You gain 10% bonus to defenses. You can cast Changing abilities while moving. You cannot summon a horror or benefit from any ability or tactic that requires one. Your horror will depart if already summoned.”

These changes would bring a completely new playstyle and build to these classes. Hopefully making them more viable options for 6man/City/Ranked play.

One could reach this tactic at rank 23 (22 with certain gear bonuses) in its respective tree Tinkerer/Demonology.

It brings a little bit of the benefits of the turrets/horrors, but not an overwhelming bonus.

If they want the extended range, they will still need the gun turret/pink horror.

If they want to shorten the tick intervals of dots, they will still need the bombardment turret/flamer horror

If they want larger radius for their AoE & more defenses, they will still need the flame turret/blue horror

They also do not get the full 40% damage stack with this; they only get 25%.

(Trench Fighting & Demonic Contract could also be moved to core tactics instead of being replaced.)

This change could be a great improvement to both classes.
The Original Learn2Play [L2P] Guild.

Ads
RuffRyder

Re: Magus/Engineer Mobility

Post#2 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:37 pm

I see where your proposal is coming from, but it wouldn't convince me to take the proposed tactic ever over my Turrets.

You sacrifice damage.
You sacrifice range and an Armor debuff in case of Gun Turret.
You sacrifice mobility (Bombardment Turret keeps stacks even on higher range just as reminder).
You sacrifice increased AoE range and target cap in case of Flame Turret.
You sacrifice access to 15% more crit in 100ft radius.
You sacrifice the CC from self-destructing.
You sacrifice - and that's the most important part - the ability to choose your Turret accordingly for the right situation.

I heard several "Loner" proposals for Engineers and Magi in the past, but I've never read an appropriate one, apart from my opinion that's the class mechanic should be kept as it is.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. (Mark Twain)

nailinthehead

Post#3 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:52 pm

Just remove the cooldown of redeploy and problem solved.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#4 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:18 pm

There is 0 desire from a balance perspective for any kind of Loner spec or tactic to even exist at all. If you want a style of gameplay that isn't dependent on a pet, play a different class.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog