Recent Topics

Ads

An issue with Punts

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
tomolyons

An issue with Punts

Post#1 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:01 am

Hello all!

I feel I need to post a thread about the issue with 'punts' right now and would like to understand why the punts are the way they are. So..

Why has every class got a different punt in terms of range and power? The ironbreaker for example has a less powerful punt compared to the black guard? Why is this? Was it a Data input error?

Dont get me started on the mSH punt either. It's got a bigger range than any other class I've seen.

Why can't you just keep ALL the punts the same? I honestly dont understand why every class needs a different kind of punt.

Rant over.

Ads
tomolyons

Re: An issue with Punts

Post#2 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:01 pm

Bump

Rapzel

Post#3 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:59 pm

Because the reposting of this thread would die if it was done.

IB punt is fine, longer travel time than BG, sure the target may need run for longer, but it's also more reliable as you don't need full grudge for it and you don't need to be as aware of the surrounding terrain as the punt is higher. Sure situationally BG punt is better, but so is every punt in the game. There's other more important things that need to be changed on IB for QoL reasons.

masterzenith

Post#4 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:16 pm

Because various characteristics which are distinct to each class gives each class identity.

Egalitarianism is immoral.

We would have to reduce all the classes down to just Black Orc to achieve the outcome what you are proposing would entail.

Drednes

Post#5 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:53 pm

Punts are good as they are
its good when they are different whats the point of making them all normal kobs distance or to make them all Black orc aoe
its just meh that way and we just lose and dont gain anything

DiMakss

Post#6 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:11 pm

BG 20 sec cd
IB 10 sec cd

lyncher12

Post#7 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:39 pm

DiMakss wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:11 pm BG 20 sec cd
IB 10 sec cd
its 10 with 2h

phononHYPE

Post#8 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:12 am

I like the variety of punts, and that the really big ones (IB/BG) can actually vary according to %-class mechanic. Also having aoe knock backs, or other things that share immunity timers - its a reliable and good spot IMO for the game right now. More so than many other things.
Chasing the golden carrot that is my alts.

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative

Ads
Rapzel

Post#9 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:30 pm

phononHYPE wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:12 am I like the variety of punts, and that the really big ones (IB/BG) can actually vary according to %-class mechanic. Also having aoe knock backs, or other things that share immunity timers - its a reliable and good spot IMO for the game right now. More so than many other things.
IB doesn't work like that, it's only BG that works like that. IB punt sends the target higher up (y-axis) than the BG one but the x-axis on IB is just as long as Chosen/KotBS with punt tactic. IB seems to have a slower animation as well, just like Chosen seems to have a slower animation than KotBS.

phononHYPE

Post#10 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:04 am

Well, more time for IB team mates to nuke vs longer time to run back. Fair enough.
Chasing the golden carrot that is my alts.

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative