Recent Topics

Ads

Give back Fashionhammer

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
phononHYPE

Re: Give back Fashionhammer

Post#81 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:14 am

I love my looks and gear, and hunt for the best looking stuff for me. If they can't see it... hrmmm, don't know how I feel about that. Sure you can actually gage the level of your foe, but... damn it! I look SO cool I just need to share it!
Chasing the golden carrot that is my alts.

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative

Ads
Sulorie

Post#82 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:35 am

You guys act like 70% of playerbase wouldn't use default skins.
Dying is no option.

Albais

Post#83 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:35 am

That my enemies on the battlefield were able to see me and my brothers in arms as part of a unified regiment in the style of classical Warhammer tabletop was a big part of my enjoyment of the game so I'm sad to see it removed.

Sure, part of the appearance system still exists but the way I play the game it forces me to choose between being able to compete in RvR (wearing what ever gear is best in terms of the stats) or expressing my identity as an ordinary rank and file soldier for my enemies to see (which generally means wearing lower level armor since higher level armor is in most cases far too fancy/flashy).

Of course increasing the performance of the server is always a good idea (and obviously more important than the effects on my personal style of playing the game) and since I don't know a lot about the technical stuff I just want to ask: is there any way to bring back the appearance system as it was before the patch while keeping the performance fixes or is that not possible and cross-realm appearances are gone for good?

Kragg

Post#84 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:41 pm

Albais wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:35 am That my enemies on the battlefield were able to see me and my brothers in arms as part of a unified regiment in the style of classical Warhammer tabletop was a big part of my enjoyment of the game so I'm sad to see it removed.

Sure, part of the appearance system still exists but the way I play the game it forces me to choose between being able to compete in RvR (wearing what ever gear is best in terms of the stats) or expressing my identity as an ordinary rank and file soldier for my enemies to see (which generally means wearing lower level armor since higher level armor is in most cases far too fancy/flashy).

Of course increasing the performance of the server is always a good idea (and obviously more important than the effects on my personal style of playing the game) and since I don't know a lot about the technical stuff I just want to ask: is there any way to bring back the appearance system as it was before the patch while keeping the performance fixes or is that not possible and cross-realm appearances are gone for good?
Well said! Hope to hear from Max on the matter.
Sergeant-Major Drengk Burloksson, RR 85 Sniper
Hulfdan Irongrip, RR 81 Ironbreaker
Proud Founder of the 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers
Alliance officer of the Grand Alliance

Nekkma

Post#85 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:53 pm

While I agree that it sucks to not see the proper enemy appearance, this was an unintended consequence of improving/restoring basic functionality. One cannot really complain about that. Hopefully, it can be "restored" sometime in the future. In the meantime I guess i'll have to re-enable nameplates to be able to distinguish between good and bad players.
Nekkma / Hjortron
Zatakk
Smultron

Kragg

Post#86 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:06 pm

Nekkma wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:53 pm While I agree that it sucks to not see the proper enemy appearance, this was an unintended consequence of improving/restoring basic functionality. One cannot really complain about that. Hopefully, it can be "restored" sometime in the future. In the meantime I guess i'll have to re-enable nameplates to be able to distinguish between good and bad players.
There has been no word out that they intend to attempt to restore appearaces to be visable for enemiesl.
Sergeant-Major Drengk Burloksson, RR 85 Sniper
Hulfdan Irongrip, RR 81 Ironbreaker
Proud Founder of the 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers
Alliance officer of the Grand Alliance

Nekkma

Post#87 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:30 pm

Kragg wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:06 pm
Nekkma wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:53 pm While I agree that it sucks to not see the proper enemy appearance, this was an unintended consequence of improving/restoring basic functionality. One cannot really complain about that. Hopefully, it can be "restored" sometime in the future. In the meantime I guess i'll have to re-enable nameplates to be able to distinguish between good and bad players.
There has been no word out that they intend to attempt to restore appearaces to be visable for enemiesl.
Yes, but evidently this is something alot of players want which may sway a dev to look into it sometime in the future.
Nekkma / Hjortron
Zatakk
Smultron

Drednes

Post#88 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:15 pm

Yes Please Bring Back Fasionhammer!
its what keeps me playing atleast
Styling on destros is the best
Plus last night city...4 black guards and they were all the same faceless looking same with the Black orcs [Whats the point in looking default If we have the Appearance function!!!!!!!!]
fasionhammer is A Must!

Ads
Oglaf
Suspended

Post#89 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:16 pm

space44 wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:02 pm fashion hammer is still here, just harder to get

I know where the belt is from, but where's the shoulders...well, shoulder from?

Tyrex2017

Post#90 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:24 pm

I support this. I want my WP looking as tank ..... whit a book! :)