Recent Topics

Ads

Idea for Improving Communication of Balance Changes

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Re: Idea for Improving Communication of Balance Changes

Post#21 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:00 pm

Zhentarim wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:55 pm
wargrimnir wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:19 pm It's been dealt with already, wish it would have been caught a while ago. I'm always available to look at anything you guys think is strange when it comes to GM activity. This was just a case of missing a letter when applying a ban, and the person affected hadn't logged in since November, so it's unlikely they even noticed. Regardless we both messaged him to apologize if he was actually impacted.

GM's aren't punished for doing their job and making a mistake. They're punished for abusing their power and acting outside of the guidelines they're provided.
Sure mistakes happen and its good that he apologized but you would think a person dealing with perma bans would look not once but three times at the name before he announces a perma ban for everyone to see. Just strip him of his ability to ban people and give out his name, so the next time he does a mistake we have something to point to. We should keep a record on all GMs otherwise they are bound to act out eventually, you need to police them.
Maybe you've missed all the other GM's who have been removed from their positions over the past several years. We keep track of things. The current crew of GM's are the best people we've ever had for the job. People make honest mistakes.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Ads
Zhentarim

Post#22 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:29 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:00 pm Maybe you've missed all the other GM's who have been removed from their positions over the past several years. We keep track of things. The current crew of GM's are the best people we've ever had for the job. People make honest mistakes.
Im glad to hear that, I dont keep track on GM activity as well as you do but I really think its gotten better over the years. But people who make honest mistakes stands for their mistakes and dont hide their name.

Mepiff

Post#23 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:57 pm

If we're to go back to topic:
I havent been playing here for more then 2 months I think so i had to go back to januari patchnotes to find some actual class-balance changes
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=43521 < My point of reference in this case

I mean adding for example on the witch-elf "We felt that the witchelf was a bit too good at what it does with pounce out of stealth made it a bit too strong" wouldn't hurt to add to clarify why this change happened.

I personally don't see any negatives with this and I from my personal standpoint think this would make the community come closer to the reasoning and inner workings of balancing the game.

For the second question to ask the community i mean it's gonna be skewed af, if you ask a marauder main if they need a nerf 9/10 marauders will say no. So i think asking community about balance is gonna be meh at best. But hey, never hurts to ask for peoples opinions.