Recent Topics

Ads

[SH] Ranged knock down has to go

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Oglaf
Suspended

Re: [SH] Ranged knock down has to go

Post#21 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:41 pm

Welcome to what Destro have been dealing with for ages with Shadow Warrior.

Enjoy your stay. Try the veal.

Ads
Neverever

Post#22 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:43 pm

Ekundu01 wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:29 pm SH already gets 2 core KDs one from meatball and the other on the basic squig and now has a 3rd from range and on the move, and technically the basic squig kd can be considered range if you send the pet out first to knock someone down. Other than a few tanks every class that has access to a KD have to spec for it. And I am pretty sure no class gets 2 core KDs. SH has enough CC/escape now that run away is core too.

My vote is to put run away back in the 5 point QS spot and give the ranged KD to the magus :lol: :twisted:
Squig no longer has a KD and SW also has a melee and ranged KD. Yes ranged KD is a powerful tool on 1vs1 which doesn't has anything to do with realm and rvr balance. If it did Order wouldn't have 2 ranged KDs while Destro had none.. Yes it is annoying, welcome to the club.

DiMakss

Post#23 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:46 pm

balvor877 wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:42 pm Seriously, you have destroyed all solo roaming for Order with that IWIN ability.

There are SHs roaming everywhere and the first hit is always the knock down. When you recover from it you are already half dead. And that on a ranged dps class with pet and tons of escape abilities...

That knock down either needs a pre-condition or the ranged reduced or removed. It is waaaay to powerful on that SH class.
Just imagine, destro feels the same, 5+ years of wl domination. Order time now.

Aethilmar

Post#24 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:53 pm

vertolet wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:34 pm
Aethilmar wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:20 pm I think SH have too much of a lot of things, but complaining about an ability that is a straight up mirror of an ability on their role mirror class is just silly.
Is it a straight up mirror? I thought for the sw you have to stand still while the SH is useable while running?

And no i am sure you need to look at the bigger picture. SH has at least 1 charge, that makes the KD stronger.
Fair enough about the on the move part. So change that to make it standing still for one second and topic is over. If I were going to pick a fight about the SH it wouldn't be about things that make them a good ranged class (their primary job) and more about what makes them a top-notch WB mdps (not their primary job).

Kurama

Post#25 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:55 pm

Neverever wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:43 pm
Ekundu01 wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:29 pm SH already gets 2 core KDs one from meatball and the other on the basic squig and now has a 3rd from range and on the move, and technically the basic squig kd can be considered range if you send the pet out first to knock someone down. Other than a few tanks every class that has access to a KD have to spec for it. And I am pretty sure no class gets 2 core KDs. SH has enough CC/escape now that run away is core too.

My vote is to put run away back in the 5 point QS spot and give the ranged KD to the magus :lol: :twisted:
Yes ranged KD is a powerful tool on 1vs1 which doesn't has anything to do with realm and rvr balance.
Apparently 1vs1 does matter, seeing how they nerfed Run Away
tactic...
DOK 8x
Zealot 8x
Shaman 8x
BO 7x

WP 8x
RP 8x
AM 8x

Ekundu01

Post#26 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:01 pm

Neverever wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:43 pm

Squig no longer has a KD and SW also has a melee and ranged KD. Yes ranged KD is a powerful tool on 1vs1 which doesn't has anything to do with realm and rvr balance. If it did Order wouldn't have 2 ranged KDs while Destro had none.. Yes it is annoying, welcome to the club.
The Basic squig has the KD now that the horned squig used to have. It is also undefendable if using squig frenzy. So they still have 2 core KDs. And while SW does have a KD as Melee they still have to spend points to pick it up. SH doesn't have to spend points in the bouncing line to pick up the kd while in Squig armor so every SH has access to it from Squig armor.
Trismack

tlitschye

Post#27 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:16 pm

How about the bots stop argue and let the people speak that actually know how to play the class...jurki and teefz any opinion?

balvor877
Suspended

Post#28 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:17 pm

You cant just say SW had it so it is fine when you give it to SH as well. They are different classes and there are a lot of things only certain classes have but they usually have other draw backs to even things out. SW for example is very squishy. SH has a pet that can mitigate damage, Run Away! and other stuff. So you cant just mirror SW stuff to SH. It would make the SH overpowered... and that is exactly what happened.

I really dont know why they mirror all the order unique stuff to destro but give nothing in return.

Ads
balvor877
Suspended

Post#29 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:19 pm

tlitschye wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:16 pm How about the bots stop argue and let the people speak that actually know how to play the class...jurki and teefz any opinion?
So now you are asking high level SHs if they think that a nerf of their class is deserved? lol, right... Im sure they are for it... lol.

vanbuinen77

Post#30 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:26 pm

Not a solo game.

/thread
Malificatium-Magus
Malificatiiium-Chosen
Malificatiium-Shaman