Recent Topics

Ads

[SH] Ranged knock down has to go

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
balvor877
Suspended

Re: [SH] Ranged knock down has to go

Post#71 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:56 pm

Giving herders easy access to 3s knock down, 50% heal debuff and 4s silence with all the other tools they have is just plain stupid. Say what you want.

Ads
Synora

Post#72 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:02 pm

oh stfu. SW has a ranged KD and so does BW
Synora 84 SM | Synoraa 80 WP | Evilsynora 80 DoK
Darkethe 72 Chosen | Groolgobbla 64 Sham | Medikareforall 58 Zeal | Halloweiner 58 Mag
Sunfox 65 Knight | Fuggnchuggn 62 SL | Medicareforall 55 RP | Siatamunet 54 AM
www.twitch.tv/Synora_

balvor877
Suspended

Post#73 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:15 pm

Synora wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:02 pm oh stfu. SW has a ranged KD and so does BW
It's not that one ability but all they have in combination. I guess you are not capable of realizing that. So you better stfu.

buffalosolja

Post#74 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:24 pm

Honestly i dont mind if they keep squig ranged KD

But if they want to be decent they need to give SW back his range debuff ability and also allow them to use KD while moving.

SHs has RKD while moving + range debuff ability while SWs has to cast it 1 sec without moving? plus no range debuff..

Thats messed up!

StirlingScott

Post#75 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:46 pm

Been playing my SH and yes the KD is very strong. Not sure if I would consider it OP yet since SHs blow up once you get on them.

WH is my main class and the comparison to WH's Pistol Whip is a very poor example of a comparison.
:twisted: MYRMIDONZ Special: My WH PvP vid in Dragonwake! 10 years and my results are OFF THE CHARTS! :twisted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoRMUzl ... e=youtu.be

NSKaneda

Post#76 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:34 pm

buffalosolja wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:24 pm Honestly i dont mind if they keep squig ranged KD

But if they want to be decent they need to give SW back his range debuff ability and also allow them to use KD while moving.

SHs has RKD while moving + range debuff ability while SWs has to cast it 1 sec without moving? plus no range debuff..

Thats messed up!

Buffed 110ft stationary rKD vs 80ft mobile one - 30ft is roughly 1-1.5 seconds you need to close that gap. In 1v1 scenario if SW opens he has a good chance of finishing SH since they cancel each other out. But if SH knows his squigs he will range debuff before closing the gap and he has a good chance of coming on top - sure, SWs have tools to counter but easiest solution would be to mirror rSH changes by moving Eye Shot to Skirm tree and giving it "on the move" while nerfing the range to 65ft and moving Flame arrow to scout, buffing it to 100ft and yes, keeping vengeful aoe increase. I would also redo glass arrow to mirror Shrapnel arrer - ini debuff + 75% range reducer is way better than AP hungry burst enhancer tied to racial synergy gameplay. Plus let's keep in mind that SWs have decent offensive mobility that's not tied to dmg exposure, long cooldown or pets.

To compensate for BWs insta rKD and range debuff on rSWs Flame arrow would have to have a cast time - 1.0 second cast with 15s cooldown would be fair IMO (herder's version got free immunity knockback and 2.0 seconds cast after all).

And you're deadly enough with vanq, imagine the dmg you'll do with inv+ gear mate ;)
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

Neverever

Post#77 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:05 pm

Zappers wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:56 pm
Neverever wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:38 pm
Zappers wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:18 pm
If I wanted to play a Squigherder I would play the Squiq as Melee up to 13 high in the middle tree and also take the KD and the Healdebuff in the right tree and a mirror to the Assault Shadow Warrior would only be more mobile ...
Dude you don't even know what you are talking about. How would you go up to 13 points on path of bouncing tree and take healdubuff at the same time ? Your post is clearly another whining post. What other reason we need to nerf SH now... This guy finds it to be the hardest class to kill on 1vs1 personally... Well well well isn't SH definately OP now ?.

I know ranged KD is an annoying tool in RVR when it is not you who is firing it, but Destro has been dealing with it for more than a decade. I am sure you guys will get used to it eventually.
ok here The Build
https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... 5,5530,532 1853, 1835 & mm = & mt = 5529, 5531 & t =
Then you forgot to mention that it is only possible with Sov+2 bonus...

metroid24

Post#78 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:11 pm

Sounds like someone got killed by a few SH and went to the forums to cry about it. Honestly i play both SW and SH (and a good many other classes) and i can achieve pretty much the same thing on both in regards to performance / top zone kills / owning people in RvR and 1 v 1. More people are trying out the RSH now since it was abysmal before and now is actually playable, so chances are you'll run into them more often, and if you suck, you will get killed by them more often. But to make a post about it on forums? Jeez...there's only 1 op class in this game at the moment and everyone knows what that is...

Ads
CountTalabecland

Post#79 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:15 pm

M0rw47h wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:09 pm
CountTalabecland wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:05 pm Wait do people really get ganked by Shadow Warriors?

and ranged ones no less? Shadow Warriors are dead meat alone and out in the open. I can't think of a destro MDPS that can't catch them and easily at that.

This seems like false equivalency. SW=food for classes with pull or ranged/AoE CC of any kind. Who cares if Order has ranged KD when destro has the pulls and Squig pounce. Order, especially SW, can't escape ****.
Indeed, nobody dies to ranged Shadow Warriors, n-o-b-o-d-y.
Spoiler:
Short roaming session:
Assuming this is a SW? At any rate, stats without context or whether these are all 1v1 or whatever this thread is meant to prove is useless. A geared SW can probably kill under-geared pugs but what can't?

No, assuming roughly even gear, no MDPS should die to a SW. Sorc/Magus could be threatened by them but any good player of either class could burst the shite out of a SW. Shadow Warrior is still an inefficient RDPS or MDPS compared to just rolling a BW, WL, or Slayer in a group setting. Also a piss poor roaming class compared to what the popular destro roaming classes can do.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

buffalosolja

Post#80 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:23 pm

NSKaneda wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:34 pm
buffalosolja wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:24 pm Honestly i dont mind if they keep squig ranged KD

Thats messed up!

Buffed 110ft stationary rKD vs 80ft mobile one - 30ft is roughly 1-1.5 seconds you need to close that gap. In 1v1 scenario if SW opens he has a good chance of finishing SH since they cancel each other out. But if SH knows his squigs he will range debuff before closing the gap and he has a good chance of coming on top - sure, SWs have tools to counter but easiest solution would be to mirror rSH changes by moving Eye Shot to Skirm tree and giving it "on the move" while nerfing the range to 65ft and moving Flame arrow to scout, buffing it to 100ft and yes, keeping vengeful aoe increase. I would also redo glass arrow to mirror Shrapnel arrer - ini debuff + 75% range reducer is way better than AP hungry burst enhancer tied to racial synergy gameplay. Plus let's keep in mind that SWs have decent offensive mobility that's not tied to dmg exposure, long cooldown or pets.

To compensate for BWs insta rKD and range debuff on rSWs Flame arrow would have to have a cast time - 1.0 second cast with 15s cooldown would be fair IMO (herder's version got free immunity knockback and 2.0 seconds cast after all).

And you're deadly enough with vanq, imagine the dmg you'll do with inv+ gear mate ;)
Well said Ginn :)
That sounds fair to me and i have played both classes SW + SH .
Mirroring (these 2) classes would be the most fair and balanced option imo.