Recent Topics

Ads

[SH] Ranged knock down has to go

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Banjomissen

Re: [SH] Ranged knock down has to go

Post#61 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:34 pm

Solution seems easy: Mirror Mara / WL and SW / SH

Ads
MMXX43

Post#62 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:36 pm

Wdova wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:04 pm Since recent changes destro had 0 ranged knockdowns and order had 2. Bright wizard one need to have ignite on target, SWs one is also low in tree, has initiate debuff component and if vengefull cooldown reduced to 10seconds.
SH one is 20s cooldown.
I dont see anything bad about destro having at least one ranged knockdon. If You want it to remove from SH, You should also need to remove one from BW or SW.
I know how pure order players feel when they need to deal with theyr own medicine 🤪
except you actually have like 2 aoe kds... just saying

oaliaen

Post#63 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:40 pm

So based on the OP, order likes to bully but dont like to be bullied..

Akalukz

Post#64 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:44 pm

Wdova wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:03 pm
Akalukz wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:24 pm
Spoiler:
Increase it's base damage, and make it require a tactic (with reduced damage) for the KD portion. Make the SH have to sacrifice some things for the ability. To put it in the primary tree with no drawbacks is silly. SW have to go up a different tree to get it, and it is a casted pull that you have to stay stationary for.

Whoever is balancing the SH needs to come off of it. 90% of numbers are bogus, but a good 80% of the player base knows the SH is over performing in all areas. AoE / CC / Single Target (both mele & ranged). Name one other class that can pull off the trifecta of DPS as well.

SW ranged Knockdown is in theyr primary ranged tree along with fernster arrow and fell the weak.
I agree that SH has so many tools to maintain you need nearly whole keyboard to use it properly and some cCs should be gone( keep ranged KD)
Primary issue with SH getting rKD is that it is on the move, and doesn't cost anything in actuality to spec since it is the primary tree of the "on the move" build. It's a 100% boost to SH that was already performing well (although lacking some in the mid ranged department)
-= Agony =-

Kurama

Post#65 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:47 pm

...at 65ft range.
DOK 8x
Zealot 8x
Shaman 8x
BO 7x

WP 8x
RP 8x
AM 8x

Ugle

Post#66 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:53 pm

Give SW back castable on the move capability and rather increase cast time for both SH and SW so that there is time for reaction and counterplay, all problems solved :)
inactive

Zappers

Post#67 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:54 pm

Neverever wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:38 pm
Zappers wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:18 pm
If I wanted to play a Squigherder I would play the Squiq as Melee up to 13 high in the middle tree and also take the KD and the Healdebuff in the right tree and a mirror to the Assault Shadow Warrior would only be more mobile ...
Dude you don't even know what you are talking about. How would you go up to 13 points on path of bouncing tree and take healdubuff at the same time ? Your post is clearly another whining post. What other reason we need to nerf SH now... This guy finds it to be the hardest class to kill on 1vs1 personally... Well well well isn't SH definately OP now ?.

I know ranged KD is an annoying tool in RVR when it is not you who is firing it, but Destro has been dealing with it for more than a decade. I am sure you guys will get used to it eventually.
ok here The Build
https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... 5,5530,532 1853, 1835 & mm = & mt = 5529, 5531 & t =
Last edited by Zappers on Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zappers

Post#68 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:56 pm

If I wanted to play a Squigherder I would play the Squiq as Melee up to 13 high in the middle tree and also take the KD and the Healdebuff in the right tree and a mirror to the Assault Shadow Warrior would only be more mobile ...
Dude you don't even know what you are talking about. How would you go up to 13 points on path of bouncing tree and take healdubuff at the same time ? Your post is clearly another whining post. What other reason we need to nerf SH now... This guy finds it to be the hardest class to kill on 1vs1 personally... Well well well isn't SH definately OP now ?.

I know ranged KD is an annoying tool in RVR when it is not you who is firing it, but Destro has been dealing with it for more than a decade. I am sure you guys will get used to it eventually.
ok here The Build
https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... 5,5530,532 1853, 1835 & mm = & mt = 5529, 5531 & t =

Ads
NSKaneda

Post#69 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:59 pm

The thing is that stationary rKD gets dropped from skillbars - there's no time to use it on a battlefield. It was added to compensate for severe range and utility nerf and tied with initiative debuff. You could extend cast time to 1.5 seconds (and lower cool down to 15) but changing one of the most important rSH debuffs to stationary or on longer cooldown/cast time would mean wasted skill slot. Removing it would call for compensation in extending the range on few ST attacks or utility skills (to match rSW potential).

As for "OP skill, remove!" - it's powerful, yes, but not over the top. If it was then destro would cry louder for years they've been dealing with it ;)

P.S.: give rSWs their range debuff back (to make guerilla snipers even more deadly) ;)
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

wachlarz

Post#70 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:47 pm

Zappers wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:56 pm

ok here The Build
U know ther are tactic in this game ? And ranged and melle typ ?