Recent Topics

Ads

[SH] Ranged knock down has to go

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Ekundu01

Re: [SH] Ranged knock down has to go

Post#31 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:28 pm

Technically destro has more ranged KD than order does now 2 of them being on the mara one on disrupt 100 foot range single target and the other is Cone aoe. So Destro has more Ranged KD than order now :o

Maybe order needs the cone aoe KD the mara has, maybe give it to the WH. :lol:
Trismack

Ads
emiliorv
Suspended

Post#32 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:41 pm

Aethilmar wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:53 pm
vertolet wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:34 pm
Aethilmar wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:20 pm I think SH have too much of a lot of things, but complaining about an ability that is a straight up mirror of an ability on their role mirror class is just silly.
Is it a straight up mirror? I thought for the sw you have to stand still while the SH is useable while running?

And no i am sure you need to look at the bigger picture. SH has at least 1 charge, that makes the KD stronger.
Fair enough about the on the move part. So change that to make it standing still for one second and topic is over.
SW ranged stun is 100ft range while SH is only 65ft.....SW is static but higher range. So its ok that can be used on the move if you have less range to use it.

Akalukz

Post#33 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:24 pm

Increase it's base damage, and make it require a tactic (with reduced damage) for the KD portion. Make the SH have to sacrifice some things for the ability. To put it in the primary tree with no drawbacks is silly. SW have to go up a different tree to get it, and it is a casted pull that you have to stay stationary for.

Whoever is balancing the SH needs to come off of it. 90% of numbers are bogus, but a good 80% of the player base knows the SH is over performing in all areas. AoE / CC / Single Target (both mele & ranged). Name one other class that can pull off the trifecta of DPS as well.
-= Agony =-

Mexlicious

Post#34 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:27 pm

SW Range kd 110ft fully geared no need to down grade to get max range....SH ranged kd needs to down grade from Sov to invader for the 10ft extra range and use the gas squig for max range total of 90ft range....Run away is useless now with the nerf...4 tactic slots hmm masterful Aim,Pick on yer own size,Shootin wif da wind,Sharpened arrers.

teiloh

Post#35 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:30 pm

Brutinho wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:10 pm Must be really hard to deal with 1 ranged KD. I wonder what I would do if I had to deal with 2 ranged KDs on the opposing favtion :v

Edit: You see a lot of rSH and dps Sham ganking cause they are good at it and rSH is still the fotm.
Squig herder has more CC than WL and SW combined atm.

RKD on Squig means guaranteed death by zerg because of Choppa/Mara pull (Order has no viable pulls). If you want to really face the same, Order would have to be given two pulls so you can instantly die to a zerg for the crime of being within 80 feet of a Squig Herder.

SW also does not have a pet and a SH assisting its pet does about as much damage as a SW with VON up.

Bignusty

Post#36 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:50 pm

Oglaf wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:41 pm Welcome to what Destro have been dealing with for ages with Shadow Warrior.

Enjoy your stay. Try the veal.
This.

Brutinho

Post#37 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:57 pm

I will agree on mSH KD. Maybe get rid of Out of my way (which I have proposed many times) and make KD specable at 15p bouncin'. You can also remove the pet KD while you are at it.

If you don't agree with these changes and you absolutely want the mid-range KD gone you should take a good look at your behavior as you claim to want balance, but the truth is that you are having trouble dealing with rSH and they use to big easier to deal with or even ignored in larger scale content.
[BG] Amelios RR8X
[SH] Gittens RR8X | [SHM] Moquito RR 6X
[IB] Ambiorix RR 7X
[KOBS] Quarterback RR7X

Brutinho

Post#38 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:01 pm

teiloh wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:30 pm
Brutinho wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:10 pm Must be really hard to deal with 1 ranged KD. I wonder what I would do if I had to deal with 2 ranged KDs on the opposing favtion :v

Edit: You see a lot of rSH and dps Sham ganking cause they are good at it and rSH is still the fotm.
Squig herder has more CC than WL and SW combined atm.

RKD on Squig means guaranteed death by zerg because of Choppa/Mara pull (Order has no viable pulls). If you want to really face the same, Order would have to be given two pulls so you can instantly die to a zerg for the crime of being within 80 feet of a Squig Herder.

SW also does not have a pet and a SH assisting its pet does about as much damage as a SW with VON up.
Make a proposal for GTTC to remove pull and make give undefendable. Most, if not all choppas will be on your side C:

Also, I see only the same people complaining about rSH damage, saying it is well known but I haven't seen a single piece of hard evidence. Combat logs with timestamps showing the burst. When destro use to point out the exesive damage WLs use to make they posted many ss backing up those claims. Maybe do the same instead of a meaningless SC ss showing 'pet damage' only.

See you on the lakes... whoever you are :v
Last edited by Brutinho on Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[BG] Amelios RR8X
[SH] Gittens RR8X | [SHM] Moquito RR 6X
[IB] Ambiorix RR 7X
[KOBS] Quarterback RR7X

Ads
Wdova

Post#39 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:04 pm

Since recent changes destro had 0 ranged knockdowns and order had 2. Bright wizard one need to have ignite on target, SWs one is also low in tree, has initiate debuff component and if vengefull cooldown reduced to 10seconds.
SH one is 20s cooldown.
I dont see anything bad about destro having at least one ranged knockdon. If You want it to remove from SH, You should also need to remove one from BW or SW.
I know how pure order players feel when they need to deal with theyr own medicine 🤪
Pigbutcher - Choppa RR80+
Cyplenkov - Marauder RR80+
Vdova - Witch elf RR80+

Hajzl - Swordmaster RR80+
Roznetka - Engineer RR70+

CountTalabecland

Post#40 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:05 pm

Wait do people really get ganked by Shadow Warriors?

and ranged ones no less? Shadow Warriors are dead meat alone and out in the open. I can't think of a destro MDPS that can't catch them and easily at that.

This seems like false equivalency. SW=food for classes with pull or ranged/AoE CC of any kind. Who cares if Order has ranged KD when destro has the pulls and Squig pounce. Order, especially SW, can't escape ****.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.