Recent Topics

Ads

2h Tank guard

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Sofong

Re: 2h Tank guard

Post#11 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:03 pm

bg snb: lose kd on demand, punt on 20s cd, make it even worse grp support.

Ads
Martok

Post#12 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:54 pm

I agree with the OP however I am sure the true answer is learn to play, or something...
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

Wiede

Post#13 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:02 pm

Wait... without dodge/disrupt i can't negate range/caster guard damage?

When the hell happened this wtf

Rapzel

Post#14 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:07 pm

Wiede wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:02 pm Wait... without dodge/disrupt i can't negate range/caster guard damage?

Probably 1½-2 years ago

Ysaran

Post#15 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:18 pm

Rapzel wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:07 pm
Wiede wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:02 pm Wait... without dodge/disrupt i can't negate range/caster guard damage?

Probably 1½-2 years ago
But the change appeared on patchnotes only 6 months ago or so
Zputadenti

ashton007

Post#16 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:31 pm

I just came to agree. I have 4 tanks that are invader+ and I play them all 2h above rr70. This change has gutted 2h builds in city/rvr. Which feels bad considering that’s the **** end game. You devs keep butchering builds that aren’t meta forcing people to play how you want them to. That just isn’t how this works. People come to play for themselves not for these powertrippy devs. Stop taking all our variations away because you’re slowly suffocating your player base.

Noslock

Post#17 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:41 pm

Akilinus wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:26 am With this change:
- Guard defense formula now uses same code as regular defense checks, but treats all damage as if coming from front. This means you will also see some disrupt/dodge of guard damage in combat log.

Previously on RoR guard damage checks were also checking against those stats, but using a different formula and always displayed as block/parry in the combat log.

You killed all the 2h builds for any tanks that wanted to roam in rvr. Granted that you are one of those who use guard to begin with.
With the current class dispersion especially on order you should look into adding more builds and options for tanks instead of removing them.

Please look into this.
I dont see the problem .go solo remove guard from bar. Endgame at its best

Sulorie

Post#18 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:50 pm

Running 60+ disrupt on my 2h tank, feels ok.
Dying is no option.

Ads
ashton007

Post#19 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:52 pm

Noslock wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:41 pm
- Guard defense formula now uses same code as regular defense checks, but treats all damage as if coming from front. This means you will also see some disrupt/dodge of guard damage in combat log.

Previously on RoR guard damage checks were also checking against those stats, but using a different formula and always displayed as block/parry in the combat log.

You killed all the 2h builds for any tanks that wanted to roam in rvr. Granted that you are one of those who use guard to begin with.
With the current class dispersion especially on order you should look into adding more builds and options for tanks instead of removing them.

Please look into this.
That’s your idea of end game. Some of us like to play the game as intended. Tank without guard is just wannabe Dps. 2h is supposed to be hybrid.

Ysaran

Post#20 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:01 pm

ashton007 wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:52 pm
Noslock wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:41 pm

Please look into this.
That’s your idea of end game. Some of us like to play the game as intended. Tank without guard is just wannabe Dps. 2h is supposed to be hybrid.
I think he was sarcastic...
Zputadenti