Recent Topics

Ads

Squig Herder is a bit overtuned.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
doky

Re: I'm going to be blunt - Squig Herder is absolutely broken.

Post#11 » Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:48 pm

I agree SH is totally broken!
after all the nerfs it's garbage being a 65 ft ranged class.

all your 1) 2) and 3) is total trashtalk.

Ads
teiloh

Post#12 » Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:55 pm

lyncher12 wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:47 pm
teiloh wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:22 pm
lyncher12 wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:21 pm so you compete with tanks for damage and its broken?
Do you read text?
I'll be honest I didn't read most of it because of my low skill order roleplayer whine heuristic, however I did see the part where you mentioned it being pet only damage. With just the pet you compete with tanks. Lets say you actually played and were top damage, which means not even half of your total player damage is from the pet. Remind me again the problem here?
Read.

The.

Post.

The pet has no business giving better bonuses than SW stances.

BECAUSE there's a pet ON TOP of the bonuses, and the pet is a great tool. That said its glitchiness of course is a problem.

NSKaneda

Post#13 » Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:59 pm

Now do the same with Engie, Magus and WL. Then we can talk about "OP SH pets".
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

teiloh

Post#14 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:09 am

NSKaneda wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:59 pm Now do the same with Engie, Magus and WL. Then we can talk about "OP SH pets".
You're asking me to do a log of Engi and Magus pet damage only?

You know they can't move, right? I do have all three classes.

The WL pet has trouble keeping up with targets, drops like a sack of poo because it's obligate melee, and the damage tether means their damage is awful unless they're right next to you.

farng84

Post#15 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:15 am

If you want to be listened try the dps test against the dummy.
Pet only, you only, you and pet. also add you spec, lvl, rr and equip. also please post results in a way we can know you did not contribute to the damage during the pet only test and vice versa
That way we can have some data to rely upon.
In scenario I topped the dps chart with snb tank while levelling up. does it mean that I was playing a broken class? that I'm an uber player? not really, it just meant I topped dps on that scenario.

Just a suggestion btw, if you feel you proved your point enough it's good too

teiloh

Post#16 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:18 am

farng84 wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:15 am If you want to be listened try the dps test against the dummy.
Pet only, you only, you and pet. also add you spec, lvl, rr and equip. also please post results in a way we can know you did not contribute to the damage during the pet only test and vice versa
That way we can have some data to rely upon.
In scenario I topped the dps chart with snb tank while levelling up. does it mean that I was playing a broken class? that I'm an uber player? not really, it just meant I topped dps on that scenario.

Just a suggestion btw, if you feel you proved your point enough it's good too
But that's not the point of the screenshot. The screenshot was to show that the pet is viable as a damage source.

Therefore, it should not provide passive bonuses which are better than SW stance passive bonuses. The gas squig grants +15 range, whereas the Scout is +10%.

I'd make both +10, and raise the Scout stance Ballistics bonus.

farng84

Post#17 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:27 am

Oh ok, in that case the screen distracts from your point.
you should have just said pet provides better bonus, and contribute to X% amount of my total dps (can't remember how much because I don't like goblins, but the contribution of the pet to dps is well known and discussed in posts). Could make the argument more clear, I guess it might also depend on how that stance is used compared to the range pet (e.g. to boost long range shots instead of short range ones), I can't tell if it's unfair or not because I prefer melee classes, eventually I would suggest to post in balance section

teiloh

Post#18 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:31 am

farng84 wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:27 am Oh ok, in that case the screen distracts from your point.
you should have just said pet provides better bonus
I did. This a text-based forum, it's expected that the text is read.

In that subsection I basically said: see below for example of pet only damage. It was next to a bit about how the pet is good enough to justify itself without overtaking SW stance bonuses.

Ads
Gurf

Post#19 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:32 am

Giving them a ranged knockdown was ludicrous considering everything else they have. All they are lacking is stealth and a pull to complete the set.

NSKaneda

Post#20 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:34 am

teiloh wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:09 am
NSKaneda wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:59 pm Now do the same with Engie, Magus and WL. Then we can talk about "OP SH pets".
You're asking me to do a log of Engi and Magus pet damage only?

You know they can't move, right? I do have all three classes.

The WL pet has trouble keeping up with targets, drops like a sack of poo because it's obligate melee, and the damage tether means their damage is awful unless they're right next to you.
No worries, I did it for you:

Really shitty gear (anni/merc/beastlord), using only turrets against mainly tanks and guarded targets.
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *