Recent Topics

Ads

Skill vs Gear, KotBS issues, other gameplay suggestions.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
amagawd

Re: Skill vs Gear, KotBS issues, other gameplay suggestions.

Post#21 » Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:02 pm

sharpblader wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:03 am
amagawd wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:43 am U mean Solar Flare? That's an M4, usually in cities the morale dump happens before m4, I had m4 in cities very few times, and on my marauder. And in forts I'll take Vigilance any time of day and hold the door.

Today in city I respecced into To Glory/dirty tricks / stun / vigilance / focused mending. I did not drain enough AP or the chosen were running dreadful terror, even if I stayed in the middle of their zerg and healers I did not see any1 with downtime.

The 2h punt requires 1337 gear, ranked scenarios imo is the real endgame, when u get pimp geared and can run all specs I guess. And I understood 2h dps build is nerfed to the ground now so... For KOTBS it seems there's only 2, maximum 3 builds - the Unbalancing Attack one would be the last one I can think of. And all builds are pointing to being an aura bot without any real impact in fights.

Originally I had in mind To glory / stun/vigilance/heaven's fury, or drop vigilance and get some other tactics/auras, but since heaven's fury is useless and auras are weird, guess I'll reroll SH till fixed.

And yes, it's really absurd that the tooltip does not match the action, it's like playing tetris with your eyes closed.

Most of the wrong tool tips I believe are intentional.

I've argued with the devs on Knight changes in the past but no way does the Knight need any buffs.

You do have multiple options on Knight build for various game modes. Instead of complaining about cookie cutter builds go out and experiment on your own. Just be ready to face some flak from others because people tend to get rattled when you're doing something different.

If you think heavens fury is useless you're not using it correctly. In a fight when you're team is dropping morales or close to getting a kill, HF can choke the enemy back line completely from supporting your teams target. In solo roaming, I never leave the war camp without HF. It's the most effective tool knights have to catch up with kiters.

2h build is still strong and used in almost every game mode btw. Yes, gear is needed to make some builds work effectively but that's not limited to just the Knight class.

As far as the clunkiness of the auras are concerned, run around with only 2 auras which are absolutely needed and are not be changed in your build like GYR and FM then activate third one just before the fight as the situation demands. Need to change it? It takes 4-5 seconds after deactivation to reactivate new aura.

If you need an actual issue to complain about, no one is talking about the ninja nerf to No Escape from 1800 damage to 1200 damage.
Cookie cutter builds? Please link me 3 builds for SnB which are not trash.
Klindor - 83 - retired
Iprotecc - 82 - holding doors
Isushi - pugging

Ads
amagawd

Post#22 » Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:28 pm

The beautiful thing in this game compared to other MMOs was that the DR (diminishing returns) was shared. So you couldn't get CC forever.

Heaven's fury nerf to 3 seconds makes no sense since:
1) It means that you apply 1 CC to every1 hit - therefore they are immune to cc once u apply another stun/punt;
2) It's easy to break - any dot/aoe dmg breaks it - since the majority of good teams play as a blob and majority of teams have aoe, there's a high chance it will be broken by mistake;
3) It's very easy to heal in this game so 3s disable is too short for it to have a real impact,
it's more like an inconvenience, and that happens if they are not already immune to cc.
4) It defeats it's purpose overall - it was a disabler created for WBs fights.

I would vote for having 5s HF and increase it's cost to 100 AP, or cooldown to 45 seconds, or limit the targets affected by it or something rather than having a CC which shares DR with stun, which is clearly a superior CC.

Many times I find myself unable to do anything for more than 5 seconds while I'm getting nuked, unable to hit any key, unable to move. So honestly, the stagger is the least impactful CC. Ah yes, it could shine in an organised group, but in an organised group everything is viable right?

Or at least change the damn tooltip so other kotbs don't get baited into investing one point in it.
Klindor - 83 - retired
Iprotecc - 82 - holding doors
Isushi - pugging

Wdova

Post#23 » Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:16 pm

As SnB Kotbs You can interrupt healer by 5 ways:
1) taunt ( giving no imunity)
2) stagger ( it give imunity )
3) knockdown ( shares the same imunity as stagger)
4) knockback ( giving root and punt imunity)
5) vicisious slash (10s giving no imunity)

I am not sure about knockdown and stagger shares the same imunities.

Sutuation: healer cast his 2- 2,5s long skills. You taunt and he must cast it from begining, You vicisous slash, he try it again and You knockdown him. Thats 5s healer cant use his more powerfull skills. When he about to res You punt. Its total of like 7-9s ( consider punt flight time and 3s kd duration) "nearly" locked healer who can just cast only instant heals or skills that require max 1s cast time but neighter of them are as powerfull.

Real issue here for You are shammans(I love You Drwho!) and for us AMs with insta ress which can be real pain in ass especialy in cities.

Thats all I want to say about not able to interrupt healer by 8 ppl attacking him. There is only one way he cannot be set back and interupted and its m2 focused mind.
Pigbutcher - Choppa RR80+
Cyplenkov - Marauder RR80+
Vdova - Witch elf RR80+

Hajzl - Swordmaster RR80+
Roznetka - Engineer RR70+

Arbich
Suspended

Post#24 » Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:57 pm

amagawd wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:30 pm
Arbich wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:25 am Most of the points make absolutely no sense.

1. Heavens Fury was changed long ago to a 3sec duration, because a 5sec AoE stagger was considered too strong.I would say its mostly a defensive tool now to help yourself or teammates to escape. You can use it on offense, if the positioning of the healers is bad, but usually its better to use the RP/Zealot stagger for offense.

2. Interrupts do work and I would say good interrupts shows advanced skill play. As Kobs you have taunt and vicious slash to interrupt enemies (and the stuff that give out immunities). Instead of stopping some random heal spell, better try interrupting strong abilities like mara pull, rezzes, sorc/bw rotations or some channeled attacks/abilities.

3. I really don´t get this point. So instead of having it like now (3 active auras at the same time), you prefer the old aura-dancing of the kobs? Where you can only have 1 aura active? Thats the reason for the 4sec cooldown and the 12sec lingering btw in tooltip. This way you could have at max 3 Aura effects running at the same time, when you do the tedious work of pressing 3 different buttons every 4 sec.

You can make the proposal to change the way Auras work to disabling without any cooldown and activate them with only gcd. Would be a buff to kobs/chosen, but not a totally terrible idea. The lingering effect should not be enabled again, though.

4. When you tested it in a duel, the other person probably attacked you 3 times? Then the challenge effect is removed.

5. Good question, just test it. Maybe Toughness related?
A totally passive aura where you do nothing besides merely existing, shouldn´t do significant dmg anyway.
1. Then change the tooltip as well.
2. I never said the interrupts dont work, i was trying to say it's impossible to interrupt a healer when spamming 1s heals
3. Knight always had 3 active auras on them even in live. It was never only 1 aura active? Maybe I remember wrong, it's been such a long time since live.
4. The person did not attack me, that's why it's called a test. I used the skill and counted down, me and him both.
5. A WH will never have more toughness than a SM.
1. Sure, why not. I am not a dev on this server.
2. I am quite certain it is possible to interrupt the 1 sec groupheal of DoK/WP. Why shouldn´t it be possible? The question is why you should do this. Its a 1sec cast with no cooldown...
Do you mean chance of setback of casts when getting hit and not interrupt? That has nothing to do with kobs in specific and changes how this work will have huge a balance impact. Its really not worth the endeavor.
3.You remember it wrong. You could have only one aura active. Thats why there was this 12sec lingering and the 4 sec cooldown. This was you could have the effects of 3 Auras, while only one aura was active. How its working now is far superior.
4. Thats strange... I have challenges on my buffhead. Don´t think I ever saw it not working as it should. But I am more concerned if I got challenged at all and not so much about the timer :D Will check this.
5. I thought you did a test? Sure a WH can have more Toughness than a SM. Why not? The question is did your test-WH had more toughness your Test-SM. Would be nice to know what can reduce the dmg of on your guard.
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM

sharpblader

Post#25 » Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:43 pm

amagawd wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:02 pm Cookie cutter builds? Please link me 3 builds for SnB which are not trash.
Seriously? The whole point of what I said was that so you go and experiment yourself.

But since you probably just want to rant, I will give you some:

1. Vigilance build: RoR.builders - Knight of the Blazing Sun

2. "Control" build to utilise AoE slow: RoR.builders - Knight of the Blazing Sun

3. Staggering Impact build for AoE defense reduction: RoR.builders - Knight of the Blazing Sun

4. Solar Flare build for Morale removal (RvR/Forts): RoR.builders - Knight of the Blazing Sun

5. Solo SnB Roam: RoR.builders - Knight of the Blazing Sun
Last edited by sharpblader on Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rapzel

Post#26 » Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:01 pm

sharpblader wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:43 pm
amagawd wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:02 pm Cookie cutter builds? Please link me 3 builds for SnB which are not trash.
Seriously? The whole point of what I said was that so you go and experiment yourself.

But since you probably just want to rant and refer the WoW DR system, I will give you some:

2. "Control" build to utilise AoE slow: RoR.builders - Knight of the Blazing Sun

3. Staggering Impact build for AoE defense reduction: RoR.builders - Knight of the Blazing Sun

4. Solar Flare build for Morale removal (RvR/Forts): RoR.builders - Knight of the Blazing Sun

https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... 92,3108&t=

think you forgot that one.

sharpblader

Post#27 » Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:03 pm

Rapzel wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:01 pm
sharpblader wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:43 pm

But since you probably just want to rant and refer the WoW DR system, I will give you some:

https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... 92,3108&t=

think you forgot that one.
Avoided the cookie cutter.

Onigokko0101

Post#28 » Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:49 pm

amagawd wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:39 pm
wargrimnir wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:43 pm
dontcomplainx wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:24 pm
Also bring back the KOBS / Chosen mechanics, so far they are the only tanks without mechanics.
They never really had mechanics. Unless you consider wearing out your aura keybind by overusing it a mechanic.
Yeah, aura swap was their mechanic which can't be done here cuz of the 4s cd on cancelling an aura. Honestly, now that I discovered all this stuff, kotbs has no valid specc anymore. Seems we're pigeonholed into "To glory"/vigilance/Focused mending. That's the only build I can see at the moment that actually brings something to the table.
in WB play that build is super good though, so..
Khrylashe - Zealot
Devarien - Blackguard
Bigdisc- Magus
Aendael - Warrior Priest
Nusku- Bright Wizard

Ads
rynekk

Post#29 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:04 am

+1 to remove the 4s cd on aura cancellation.

Alucard2010

Post#30 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:12 am

+1 to give 2h knights vigilance back