Recent Topics

Ads

2H Choppa and Slayer ideas

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Asherdoom

Re: 2H Choppa and Slayer ideas

Post#51 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:05 am

Orgruk wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:40 am If the bleed can't be removed that could be a good solution but -50% is too much for this low dmg ability. 15~20% would be better.
you compensate the initial damage loss with the fact that bleed will not be removed /dispeled and will ignore armor (same concept of feral druids dps in wow wotlk basically)

Ads
Orgruk

Post#52 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:24 am

Asherdoom wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:05 am you compensate the initial damage loss with the fact that bleed will not be removed /dispeled and will ignore armor (same concept of feral druids dps in wow wotlk basically)
This way it sounds good. :mrgreen:
My Choppa/Slayer proposals : Better Rage > GTDC replacement > Balance

Wdova

Post#53 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:51 pm

Asherdoom wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:28 am how about make the aoe spec of both slayers and choppas "bleed based"? For example choppa lotsa chopping damage reduced by 50% but add a bleeding over 10 seconds to whoever is hitted by such ability stacking up to 4 times. (same for slayer ofc being mirror classes) In that way you "ramp up" bleed damage and create pressure over time.
But If You want use Flury/Lotsa choppin, at full potential in warband You slot tacfic to hit 24 targets insted of 3, but deal 20% less damage. You can slot jagged edge tactic to spread the dots.
Pigbutcher - Choppa RR80+
Cyplenkov - Marauder RR80+
Vdova - Witch elf RR80+

Hajzl - Swordmaster RR80+
Roznetka - Engineer RR70+

Bowldancer

Post#54 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:44 pm

I play Slayer exclusively 2H as I did on live till 100. (I don't have sufficient playtime on my 40 2H Choppa).

I think we should keep it simple.
There are two main issues in my humble opinion:
(1) You loose 1 tactic slot just to use a 2H weapon. That is rather simple to fix - e.g. give the two respective tactics a secondary effect.
(2) Lack of a proper finisher (Deathblow/ Weaklin' Killa are obvious candidates). There are several ways how to do it : 30% treatment, auto crit, armor bypass ... I would prefer the first one.

I also would love to see 2H weapons get a more useful bonus instead of 10% block-strikethrough - like Armor penetration. I am aware this has a global effect as it also effects other classes.

Holding Grudges/ Pent Up Rage were really good ideas. I find they still feel a bit clunky and they could use some adjustments with stacks/%.

Power through/ Wot Rules? need a very strong secondary effect. There is no sufficient return for giving up so much survivability.
Grimmsch Grimnirsson (2H Giantslayer, 40/85)
Spoiler:
40+: 2H-CHOPPA, AM, RP, WP, SM, IB, KotBS, WL, WH, BW, ENG, SW
Alts in T4: SHA, SH, BO, BG, CHO, MAR, WE

oaliaen

Post#55 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:29 pm

Lets be real in here...2h Sl/CH need different aspect of changes, cause if you give armor pen to a parry/block bypass it will be broken asf.. Devs need to be very careful on the changes and pls dont giv the same bonus to both classes.

Asherdoom

Post#56 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:32 pm

simply make those 2 specs more "bleed"based. that way ws is meaningless and they can focus full strenght while having the disadvantage of slower attack speed

Whyumadbro

Post#57 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:09 pm

Bowldancer wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:44 pm I play Slayer exclusively 2H as I did on live till 100. (I don't have sufficient playtime on my 40 2H Choppa).

I think we should keep it simple.
There are two main issues in my humble opinion:
(1) You loose 1 tactic slot just to use a 2H weapon. That is rather simple to fix - e.g. give the two respective tactics a secondary effect.
(2) Lack of a proper finisher (Deathblow/ Weaklin' Killa are obvious candidates). There are several ways how to do it : 30% treatment, auto crit, armor bypass ... I would prefer the first one.

I also would love to see 2H weapons get a more useful bonus instead of 10% block-strikethrough - like Armor penetration. I am aware this has a global effect as it also effects other classes.

Holding Grudges/ Pent Up Rage were really good ideas. I find they still feel a bit clunky and they could use some adjustments with stacks/%.

Power through/ Wot Rules? need a very strong secondary effect. There is no sufficient return for giving up so much survivability.
This is truly one of the best idea i´ve read!