Recent Topics

Ads

AOE - Need attention?

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
pitolomeu123
Banned

AOE - Need attention?

Post#1 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:52 pm

Guys, aoe is very strong here. My impression when everything is stacking on top of each other?

Don't you think there should be a damage limit when you start to deal the same type of damage in the area? If I'm not mistaken in the live it was 60%.

I may be mistaken and my Chosen with 5500 armor, 1180 toug, 83% parry and 45 block need a buff :D

Ads
Arbich
Suspended

Re: AOE - Need attention?

Post#2 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:08 pm

I would love a change to AoE (damage and heal).
But its quite hard to balance this stuff. Fights shouldn´t go for eternity after all.
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM

Dabbart

Post#3 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:32 pm

A, Guard damage requires disrupt/dodge.
B, How are your resistances? Yes you are a chosen, but Debuffed how do they look?
C, Use Challenge/M2 Bellow, as a SnB chosen use the morale tactic for fast M2
D, HtL has been changed, make sure you understand how it works and where you need to face.
E, Bomb on this server is fine. Morales have been nerfed, morale gain has been nerfed, RoF doesn't stack, etc.

TLDR there is a critical mass of players using targetless AoE damage, that will melt you regardless of class/build/stats. Use damage reduction abilities to survive a little longer.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

TreefAM

Post#4 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:15 pm

If you stand in a zerg of course you will die no matter what, learn to position yourself.

diedrake

Post#5 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:50 pm

I bet your wounds are low with that much toughness. If i were you loer your toughness to get min 10k hps. Other thing you might be dieing to is moral bombs as morals bypass all defences. Also what is your chance to be crit and or init stat? Just something helpful from a SM player.
Fenaal- SM 40/84
Fanaal- CH 40/7x

teiloh

Post#6 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:24 am

imo, most AOE skills should have either fall-off or a target cap.

Gurf

Post#7 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:11 am

Don't agree, without aoe the zerg always wins. There needs to be a way for small organised warbands to fight and win against unorganised mass zerg.

But most aoe doesn't stack anyway, ie you can't stack Rain of Fire on top of each other or most other floor area affects, is has to come from different sources

wachlarz

Post#8 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:21 am

Gurf wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:11 am Don't agree, without aoe the zerg always wins. There needs to be a way for small organised warbands to fight and win against unorganised mass zerg.

But most aoe doesn't stack anyway, ie you can't stack Rain of Fire on top of each other or most other floor area affects, is has to come from different sources
And when zerg is organized ?

Ads
Vaul

Post#9 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:35 am

wachlarz wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:21 am
Gurf wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:11 am Don't agree, without aoe the zerg always wins. There needs to be a way for small organised warbands to fight and win against unorganised mass zerg.

And when zerg is organized ?
When a zerg is organised it's not a zerg. It's an army.
Deadlakes (Marauder)
Shoreditch (Zealot)
Vhannos (Chosen)

jennahazee

Post#10 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:45 am

Gurf wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:11 am
Hmm, you can't stack RoF/Pit and Napalm/Mist, whats else? As long as I remember most AoE do stack, other than this.