Vanquisher/Oppressor magical salvaging

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Detangler

Vanquisher/Oppressor magical salvaging

Post#1 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:50 pm

FYI right now Vanq/ oppressor gear salvages into purple 200 talismans. Considering any character RR75+ has mountains of unspent medallions from oRvR (usually less so oppressor emblems), and the fact that boots and gloves are now tradeable, enterprising persons could buy stacks of vanq boots/gloves from any alt (or many alts!) and pick and choose loads of purple talisman fragments to turn into quite a bit of +23s (and +24 crits) with very little time or money spent. Maybe even goad guildies into sending a couple pieces of mail loaded with vanquisher boots.

I've done this in the past for the blue talismans from officer gear, and it takes maybe 15 minutes to buy, mail, salvage, and craft 100-ish talismans. Fun? No, but quite profitable on the auction house.

Maybe change that? I dunno, its your game. Let the players crash the economy with +23s selling for 4-5g a pop if you want as they continually underbid each other just trying to get a sale should people take notice of this.

P.S. sorry to any crafters that knew about this technique and were planning on hoarding cash from blitzing the AH market. I know you hate me right now.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Ads
CountTalabecland

Re: Vanquisher/Oppressor magical salvaging

Post#2 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 5:20 pm

I am a talis maker but I'm not going to be mad about this change, especially not at you for making this post, chill man. As a player I am happier about having a better use for vanqs than stacking more virtual sheckles.

There's really not need for having a lot of gold in this game. Its better to learn crafting and do these things yourself, the extra gold is fine as a bonus but I dont think +23s being cheaper is the end of the world.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

lyncher12

Post#3 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 5:48 pm

why should they cost more than 5g each though? greed?

StrongUn

Post#4 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 7:45 pm

Yeah stacking tons of useless medals makes no sense
Now you can salvage vanq items easier, equip an alt faster, sell gloves/boots on AH, help a friend/guildies, newbies can get gear faster...

I see no problems with that

Noslock

Post#5 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:21 pm

i salvage invader and sov they give 200 fragment too

Sulorie

Post#6 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:35 pm

What is bad in reducing those inflated auction house prices on talismans?
Dying is no option.

Dabbart

Post#7 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:45 am

The market deserves to crash. People charge 500-75G for a purp tali, and 20-5g for a tali 3-5 stat points lower and blue... There's a reason your main should always be your salvager. If it isn't, I don't think this change will flood the market in any meaningful way. A lot of guilds have stacks of 23-24 talis in a vault.

However, as a potion seller when people directly undercut me I am glad I Xrealm.

Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Bloodmasked

Post#8 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:24 am

deflation and inflation doesn't crash economies, also its a game there isn't much of an economy to begin with.

Ads
Detangler

Post#9 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:40 pm

Hah, maybe I'm just still a bit bitter from all the hate last time i explained how to make talismans for cheap. Some people were genuinely pissed at me cause they couldn't get away with charging 8g a pop for low-mid level blues anymore. If people like the change, then great!
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

nuadarstark

Post#10 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:48 pm

As a dedicated guild tali crafter (well former, don't play much these days due to some busy times at work), I absolutely love the change. Sorry you're no longer able to rake people and hoard 100s of gold that's completely useless for you and new players have to scrape by. Bohoo.

Some of the favourite moments of mine from the beginning of the year before I became involved in the leadership of my guild was to purposefully tank prices of every tali waaaay down, especially the WS and STR high amount talis that are always selling for idiotic amounts of gold.

Edit: And yeah, if you have few good crafters in the guild, you'll be able to hoard hundreds of talis of every kind in the Guild Vault. SO it's not like there aren't hundreds of those high end talis out there.
Raid boss Salv WP Guernios - rr83, full Sov
DPS SnB SM Valianoris - rr81, full Sov