Recent Topics

Ads

WL-Several suggestions

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Sundowner

WL-Several suggestions

Post#1 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:25 am

Hello, I'd like to present some feedback and suggestions on WL, because I think the class would use some tuning in several areas.

Speed training-- main utility of WL comes from pet (fetch and kd), but without speed training tactic it is unusable. the pet runs too slowly to reach target, which mandates given tactic to be slotted if you want to use pet for anything but crit damage bonus bot. While mara receives pull without any pet or tactic needed and squig does not need pet to kd at all (he can pounce+Kd instantly, while wl needs pet for it). My suggestion will be to increase pet's baseline runspeed bt 50% (as tactic does). Given tactic would free up slot for wl as other careers have it, sacrificing one tactic slot to make pet somehow usable (when dmg and utility of the class is tied to the pet, and other careers get similar skills without tactic slot required) should not be mandatory,

Path of axeman and positioning- given mastery tree was designed with following in mind: pet tanks and you deal damage and several abilities require positioning (flank or back). The problem with this approach is that in pvp no one focuses on pet (esp. when pet is in ttt) and other classes get similar skills without positionin requirement.

these skills are: primal fury (increases dmg. by 25% when attacking from flank or back), mara's has mutated agressor which gives similar bonus but without positioning requirement). Thin the herd (50% outgoing heal debuff which requires you to be at the flank or back of the target, no other classes have similar requirements for heal debuffs. Trained to threaten- increases crit. chance by 5% when attacking from flank and back.

Ads
knick

Re: WL-Several suggestions

Post#2 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:51 am

i dont think to implement 50% speed as core ability to the pet without tactic is a good base to start talking about WL balance.
As you said by yourself much dmg is provided by pet. To make a tactic superfluous by you giving it core is not the right way.

Marauder is not a mirror class to Wl. WL have a Pet, Pounce range KD and so on and overall better mobility, Marauder have to use mutationen to use some abilitys. And there will be many more reasons why a Wl have to flank and a Marauder not. Befor you compare abilitys you have take the whole class in comparison...
Last edited by knick on Sat Dec 05, 2020 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
[Kraehenfeld] Knick WL RR85+

Przepraszam

Post#3 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:59 am

If i need to slot tactic for my demon/turret to be instant , you can slot yours for lion speed buff :D
Billpullman Blips
Millivanilli Karvosky

Sundowner

Post#4 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 11:02 am

knick wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:51 am i dont think to implement 50% speed as core ability to the pet without tactic is not a good base to start talking about WL balance.
As you said by yourself much dmg is provided by pet. To make a tactic superfluous by you giving it core is not the right way.

Marauder is not a mirror class to Wl. WL have a Pet, Pounce range KD and so on and overall better mobility, Marauder have to use mutationen to use some abilitys. And there will be many more reasons why a Wl have to flank and a Marauder not. Befor you compare abilitys you have take the whole class in comparison...
Not much dmg comes from pet, I did not say that. I said that without speed tactic pet is just bot that buffs 50% crit damage (mara receives the same tactic without pet, other classes too).

Also I discussed mara and mSH, because mara msh wl sw are 4 way mirrors and mara and mSH have better utility+easier time to use utility abilities than wl.

what are the reasons wl has flank and mara does not? let's hear even one

knick

Post#5 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 11:09 am

Sundowner wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 11:02 am
knick wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:51 am i dont think to implement 50% speed as core ability to the pet without tactic is not a good base to start talking about WL balance.

Not much dmg comes from pet, I did not say that. I said that without speed tactic pet is just bot that buffs 50% crit damage (mara receives the same tactic without pet, other classes too).

Also I discussed mara and mSH, because mara msh wl sw are 4 way mirrors and mara and mSH have better utility+easier time to use utility abilities than wl.

mara have to use a mutation wl not
and pet can do alot of dmg. maybe you doing something wrong

Sundowner

Post#6 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 11:15 am

knick wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 11:09 am
Sundowner wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 11:02 am

mara have to use a mutation wl not
and pet can do alot of dmg. maybe you doing something wrong
Again how mutations (passive abilities, which you have to switch for abilities and is kind of easy to do (maybe you're doing something wrong?)) should make mara have dmg bonus from any positioning and wl for only side and back?

again, pet does not do a lot of dmg. if pet hits you hard, maybe you are doing something wrong?

knick

Post#7 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 11:23 am

i play Wl as main so when my pet hits hard why im doing it wrong? dont get it sorry. Pet can hit hard if you want further information pm me.

mutation change trigger global cooldown wich is a huge difference.