Recent Topics

Ads

Gold Sinks

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Kyraith

Gold Sinks

Post#1 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:56 pm

It is my understanding that the dev team is looking for ways to take gold out of the hands of long time players. Recent changes that make the game more fun such as removing the respec cost have made/will make this issue even worse.

I wanted to propose some solutions that (hopefully) have minimal impact in the games current economy and balance:

- Sentinel Stone Buyout: Allow users to outright buy a stone for their Sentinel Ring talisman for a high price, allowing them to skip this week’s dungeon run

- 3rd Health potion: create a vendor health potion that can be used alongside the other two types. Charge a high price per potion.

- Extra Stat Pots: Add a third stat pot that can be purchased from vendors, could add minor buffs to things similar to the sent ring talis (such as damage or crit) for 30mins for a high price

- Extra Mounts: Similar to guild coin mounts, end game users can purchase limited time mounts

Anyone have any other ideas for consumable purchases that could reduce gold inflation?
Kiyon - RR 81 Swordmaster of Hoeth

Ads
marafado
Suspended

Re: Gold Sinks

Post#2 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:13 pm

the rr and spec changes are great ideias for gold sinks !? why dont we use them!?

Kyraith

Post#3 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:21 pm

marafado wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:13 pm the rr and spec changes are great ideias for gold sinks !? why dont we use them!?
Because it prevents newer users from being able to participate in all areas of the game

marafado
Suspended

Post#4 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:43 pm

Spoiler:
Kyraith wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:21 pm
marafado wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:13 pm the rr and spec changes are great ideias for gold sinks !? why dont we use them!?
Because it prevents newer users from being able to participate in all areas of the game
hahaha...newer users!? let me gess you are an xrealmer that play to help the server (underdog side and advice devs in balance classes) ???
in my pov new players dont change specs or rr points, and the ones that join in twitch events dont even know what is rr or specs;p
Seems uncalled for there.

Kyraith

Post#5 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:22 pm

marafado wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:43 pm [quote=Kyraith post_id=451935 time=<a href="tel:1607030488">1607030488</a> user_id=357267]
[quote=marafado post_id=451933 time=<a href="tel:1607030024">1607030024</a> user_id=348354]
the rr and spec changes are great ideias for gold sinks !? why dont we use them!?
[/quote]

hahaha...newer users!? let me gess you are an xrealmer that play to help the server (underdog side and advice devs in balance classes) ???
in my pov new players dont change specs or rr points, and the ones that join in twitch events dont even know what is rr or specs;p
[/quote]

Hahaha, nope. Just a sov-ish geared SM that switches between 2H and Sword n Board for SCs/Roam and Cites quite frequently, and found it cost prohibitive for me to do so at 13 gold a city.

dalen
Developer

Post#6 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:45 pm

Problem with the respec costs was that they hit different classes very differently. Many DPS classes could get by with same renown point allocation in all mastery specs. While some classes definitely have to respec renown to change mastery path.

But other gold sinks could definitely be looked at a bit. The guild keep claiming system is a gold sink that isn't really fleshed out yet and we hope to be able to add much more stuff to that in the future.
Source Developer