Recent Topics

Ads

SH proposal

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
adamska2

Re: SH proposal

Post#31 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:42 pm

You are forced Skori because Git EM without the Horned Squig deal very Bad damage ! and you need to be AT 35 feet with your pet for it work
And on TOP of that Horned Squig now got a 990 armor debuff !!!! similar to WL

So if you dont use Horned Squig you loose your mechanics and ton of damage

For Exemple with Spiked Squig i killed the dummy in 27 sec, with Gas squig 30 sec , and with the Horned Squig 18 sec !!!!!

So no Skori Horned Squig is mandatory
Last edited by adamska2 on Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Azeyune

Ads
Jurki

Post#32 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:46 pm

Neverever wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:30 pm
Jurki wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:02 pm
Neverever wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:25 am

Well, let me correct an unfairness about this post. Wargrimnir is probably the most tolerating moderator on the forums. Yes, he is sarcastic most of the the time on his replies to people which is interpreted mostly as not being taken serious but I don't think that's the case. Previously, I had gotten a ban by simply correcting some of the errors and misconceptions a balance moderator had about a class before without being even prewarned. Well ironically that moderator was taken out of the team later... However, I have gotten a few warnings from Wargrim so far but never a complete ban from a topic or forums. So he is fairly patient on that matter. In order to get a ban one must be really asking for it.
Well sarcasm is a form of passive aggressive behaviour. Someone with that position in this community should be more careful in his replies. Behaviour like that is just highly irritating and lowers the possibility for people to engage in a constructive way. Also when he is mainly reacting to some troll comments of some users he also contributes to a shift of attention from mainly constructive discussions away to a focuse of some trolls speaking hate etc. Just to clarify. Regarding his "answer" to my proposal it seemed, that the devs didnt even see the proposal a few weeks ago.
I think it depends on how you perceive things. I don't see devs and moderators as representations of an institution or whatsoever responsible to give account to a community. They are simply some devoted players like us who were eager enough to takeover all the work to bring this game back to life in their own way without expecting a material gain out of it. So expecting them to be careful about their way of behaving or reacting things as if they represent a professional company or organization is not something I can expect personally. But then, that's only my opinion. My intention was not to digress the subject, I just wanted to share my own experience on forum rules and ban policy. Btw, I liked your proposal and happy to see some of your suggestions were implemented. I agree that the current situation of RSH is far from what it has originally been in live, but I think they are open to suggestions for rework on what have been implemented.
Good functioning communication is something important regardless if you are a working at a company and having contact with the public or customers. Its the base to work on things in a constructive way. On the other hand, the two groups are more or less defined including different roles (players as testers - devs working on the game, gm to moderate the inbetween). The patch showed that they really need more input and support regarding topics like balance and class design. So its mandatory to engage in a healthy manner, that means passive aggressive, defensive behaviour isnt helping at all. I agree on your statement that they are trying their best, Im more than willing to help.

WarHawK

Post#33 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:52 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:15 am
We asked for suggestions, people gave them, we used them to put together changes. These are the changes. If they're bad we will find out in the long run, over weeks and months, and we will make adjustments. Not on patch day with the sort of feedback that we were absolutely expecting regarding the reduced range of their skirmish spec or the reduced aoe capability to conform with our goals for the spec. Would it be nice to have 100' range on everything and retain spammable AOE? Sure it would. It sure would be nice. Does that make sense for the spec or a semblance of balance for the class where risk/reward needs to be considered? Nah. It doesn't. SH has a lot of survival tools if someone closes the gap on them. If they're going to run skirmish, it should come at some risk. It wouldn't make sense to load them up with any kind of mobile killing power that the class was missing while keeping all the distance that makes them incredibly safe to play.
which QA squig asked for such changes? I don't know anyone ... Everyone just wanted a minor buff.

Have you ever played a squig? I can hardly imagine.

First the senseless removal of the Renown Abilities, pet range nerf and now also the removal of the range tactic for a kite class.

AA tactic in the QA path, m3 makes more dmg than the skillable m4, removing the armor buff from the pet. that makes absolutely no sense.

Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#34 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:30 pm

adamska2 wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:42 pm You are forced Skori because Git EM without the Horned Squig deal very Bad damage ! and you need to be AT 35 feet with your pet for it work
And on TOP of that Horned Squig now got a 990 armor debuff !!!! similar to WL

So if you dont use Horned Squig you loose your mechanics and ton of damage

For Exemple with Spiked Squig i killed the dummy in 27 sec, with Gas squig 30 sec , and with the Horned Squig 18 sec !!!!!

So no Skori Horned Squig is mandatory
Yes that’s why I specified dépend of your build
Grunbag - 40 - 33 Squig Herder
Skorri - 40 - 65 Engineer

adamska2

Post#35 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:04 pm

For me If you use the pet you play ST melee squig, and if you use Loner you play AOE Msquig

You want the Pet only For use Git EM its the only advantage and now for the Armor debuff to

So you say "I think spiked squig is also an interesting choice depend of your play style"
But I see 0 adavntage Of using other pets you waste your Git EM (because they are range pet ) and the Armor debuff to, and if you want to deal AOE damage Loner is better
Azeyune

teiloh

Post#36 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:30 pm

Main issue with the ranged pets (and WL pets) is the constant warping and poor response to commands, imo, which probably aren't intentional.

Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#37 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:15 pm

adamska2 wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:04 pm For me If you use the pet you play ST melee squig, and if you use Loner you play AOE Msquig

You want the Pet only For use Git EM its the only advantage and now for the Armor debuff to

So you say "I think spiked squig is also an interesting choice depend of your play style"
But I see 0 adavntage Of using other pets you waste your Git EM (because they are range pet ) and the Armor debuff to, and if you want to deal AOE damage Loner is better
Spiked squig has spikey shield that could be useful in aoe environment .

We want to fix pet and make them valuable in st and aoe environment. Loner / ABM shouldn’t exist , it only exist because pet underperforming

Oglaf
Suspended

Post#38 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:24 pm

Grunbag wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:15 pm
adamska2 wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:04 pm For me If you use the pet you play ST melee squig, and if you use Loner you play AOE Msquig

We want to fix pet and make them valuable in st and aoe environment. Loner / ABM shouldn’t exist , it only exist because pet underperforming
That I'll agree with. Both seem to have been an admission by Mythic that maybe pets aren't too stellar, lol.

Ads
Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#39 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:29 pm

Oglaf wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:24 pm

That I'll agree with. Both seem to have been an admission by Mythic that maybe pets aren't too stellar, lol.
Without proper feedback about their survivability with new pet heal tactic we can’t really fix them

Neverever

Post#40 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:11 pm

Grunbag wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:29 pm
Oglaf wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:24 pm

Without proper feedback about their survivability with new pet heal tactic we can’t really fix them
Here is what you are missing. With the limited tactic slot squig herder already faces as a problem due to the fact that it needs 2 slots to reach the stat cap in the first place, I don't think anyone would be putting that tactic into use.