Recent Topics

Ads

Make tanks great again.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Dabbart

Re: Make tanks great again.

Post#41 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:48 am

Nishka wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:48 am
Ysaran wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:32 am
Nishka wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:09 am

Make a guess. Hardly my fault though, hard NOT to be a bot with less cc and debuff tools than any other tank class in the game and higher cc cds as well.
what does Kotbs lack compared to BO? (legit question, i don't play kotbs)
If you don't count the highest DPS tank in the game vs the lowest, KOTBS has way less active debuffs. Stuff like armor debuff, stat debuffs, damage bebuffs. Doesn't make him a bad tank as there are auras, just less proactive and requiring less skill.
Oh Boo. Knights can't do every single thing one could want. And why would they want any stat debuffs? Nothing would stack with their toughness/resistance aura's. Order has plenty of ini debuffs, and Knights have an AoE wounds debuff. How the hell can you say they don't have debuffs? Oh, and Shatter to straight up remove buffs.

As for Buffs. I mean... Double crit buffs and unshatterable aura's aint enough?

CC they have plenty of. Super punt, KD, AoE stagger, AoE root, the BEST tank snare in their AoE snare, plus a 10s cd Interrupt on top of Taunt. That's plenty. Edit: Nevermind some of the best Morales in the game

I know you're looking for active things, but you should never have a spare GcD on knight. They have **** loads of tools. But, if you ever do, then use one of your interrupts on a healer!

I mained a Knight on this server for a long time. They are a ton of fun, but no one can honestly say they need anything, nor that they aren't by far the best tank in the game. Note, I said Tank. DPS is not Tanking. A Tank that can DPS can be helpful, but that is not inherently their job.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Ads
nuadarstark

Post#42 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:53 pm

Imagine whining about all the stuff Knights bring to the table while IBs here are pure AP batteries for slayers and SMs just for WW.
Raid boss Salv WP Guernios - rr83, full Sov
DPS SnB SM Valianoris - rr81, full Sov

space44

Post#43 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 1:40 am

laughs in 50%+ block and parry, 700+ toughness, 600+ strength, and 12K HP
Chosen: Roten Plaguelord rr86 | Knight of the Blazing Sun: Lyntyz Jesterknight rr63

I'm not a clown, I'm the whole circus.